|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose eyes "were as brown as beaver fur and full of strange lines?"
(a) Mr. Perl's.
(d) Dr. Adler's.
2. While in Tamkin's room at the hotel, what does Wilhelm notice most about the river?
(a) The current.
(b) The smell.
(c) How fast the current is moving.
(d) How deep it is.
3. Who is the very old man that can't see the board?
(a) Mr. Perls.
(b) Mr. Rappaport.
(c) Dr. Adler.
4. While looking through Tamkin's things in Chapter 7, Wilhelm is interrupted by someone. Who is it?
(a) Someone's pet dog.
(b) Mr. Perls.
(c) The hotel housekeeper.
(d) Dr. Adler.
5. What is the first thing that Wilhelm does in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He buys a newspaper from Rubin.
(b) He goes to the Hotel Gloriana to find Dr. Tamkin.
(c) He meets Dr. Adler for coffee.
(d) He goes to the stock market with Tamkin.
6. Who does Wilhelm know at the funeral?
(a) The dead man.
(b) No one.
(c) Just his Aunt Sally.
7. What's the name of the movie that Wilhelm appeared in as an extra?
(a) Laura Proud and Tall.
(b) Annie Laurie.
(c) Annie Oakley.
(d) Anna Karenina.
8. Why is it too late for Wilhelm to make any decisions about Tamkin's character?
(a) Because Wilhelm is leaving the city and going home to his family.
(b) Because Wilhelm has already made up his mind.
(c) Because Wilhelm has already given him all his money.
(d) Because Dr. Adler has already told Wilhelm not to trust him.
9. Which of the following is NOT something Tamkin claims to have done in his life?
(a) He was a successful extra in Hollywood.
(b) He was head of a mental clinic in Toledo.
(c) He worked with a Polish inventor on an unsinkable ship.
(d) He had been in a criminal underworld called the Detroit Purple Gang.
10. Which character remains "unbending, remorselessly unbending" at the end of Chapter 7?
(c) Mr. Perls.
11. Wilhelm was raised as part of which religion?
(a) He was raised Catholic.
(b) He was raised Jewish.
(c) He was raised Protestant.
(d) He was raised Southern Baptist.
12. What is the second thing Wilhelm does in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He goes to the newsstand.
(b) He goes to the health club at the hotel.
(c) He goes to the stock market.
(d) He goes to the dining room at the hotel.
13. What does Wilhelm find Dr. Adler doing in Chapter 7?
(a) Getting a massage.
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Getting a haircut.
(d) Taking a dip in the pool.
14. When Wilhelm and Tamkin go to the market, what state is Wilhelm in?
15. In reality, in what commodity has Tamkin moved Wilhelm's money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the funeral guests whispering to themselves at the end of Chapter 7?
2. According to Tamkin, which two important words begin with M?
3. When Wilhelm receives an urgent message from Margaret, what does he believe it is?
4. What does a neurotic character do, according to Tamkin?
5. Who says, "You really are a killer-diller."?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)