|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Wilhelm does in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He meets Dr. Adler for coffee.
(b) He goes to the stock market with Tamkin.
(c) He buys a newspaper from Rubin.
(d) He goes to the Hotel Gloriana to find Dr. Tamkin.
2. Before closing the day before, Tamkin closed out a lard contract and bought what instead?
(d) Soy beans.
3. Who says, "I'm losing my taste for the gamble."?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Rappaport.
4. How does Wilhelm react to seeing the dead man?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He screams.
(c) He cries.
(d) He leaves the room.
5. Wilhelm realizes that the name for his true soul may be which name given to him by his grandfather?
6. When Wilhelm and Tamkin go to the market, what state is Wilhelm in?
7. While paying his respects to the dead man, what does Wilhelm think of?
(a) The dead man's family.
(b) His own life and problems.
(c) What he will eat at the reception.
(d) All the money he won on the stock market.
8. Who says, "Only the present is real--the here-and-now. Seize the day."?
(d) Dr. Adler.
9. What does Tamkin insist upon instead of going to the market?
(a) On having his breakfast.
(b) On taking a swim.
(c) On getting a massage.
(d) On reading the paper.
10. Why does Margaret call Wilhelm at the hotel?
(a) Because he sent her a postdated check and she wants a new one.
(b) Because she wants him to come home.
(c) Because she found a poem she wants him to hear.
(d) Because his sons want to talk to him.
11. Wilhelm leaves a note for his dad at the front desk of his hotel and asks him for what?
(a) To pay his bill at the restaurant.
(b) To pay his rent this month.
(c) To join him for a massage in the hotel spa.
(d) To join him and Tamkin for dinner that night.
12. What's the name of the movie that Wilhelm appeared in as an extra?
(a) Annie Laurie.
(b) Annie Oakley.
(c) Laura Proud and Tall.
(d) Anna Karenina.
13. While in the store, who does Mr. Rappaport compare himself to?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Dr. Adler.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
14. Why can't Wilhelm figure Tamkin out?
(a) He isn't trying to figure him out at all.
(b) Because Tamkin won't speak to him.
(c) Because he doesn't know how to form his own opinion.
(d) Because he wants to believe him but the gossip is compelling.
15. In reality, in what commodity has Tamkin moved Wilhelm's money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second thing Wilhelm does in the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. When Wilhelm receives an urgent message from Margaret, what does he believe it is?
3. Who claims to treat his friends without being paid?
4. While in Tamkin's room at the hotel, what does Wilhelm notice most about the river?
5. In Wilhelm's mind, what is the big question regarding Tamkin?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)