|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
(a) A nightly game of gin.
(b) They are both staying at the hotel.
(c) They met on the street.
(d) Their fathers are cousins.
2. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He chokes himself.
(b) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(c) He hits himself in the head.
(d) He opens up his wallet.
3. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
4. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
(a) Thomas Wilhelm.
(b) Wilky Adler.
(c) Tommy Adler.
(d) Tommy Wilhelm.
5. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
6. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
(c) Dr. Adler
7. What does Dr. Adler refuse to help Wilhelm with?
8. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
(b) He does not want a divorce.
(c) He is trying to reconcile with her.
(d) They were never married.
9. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
(a) He feels that she's reaching out to Wilhelm in a loving way.
(b) He doesn't think about her at all.
(c) He feels she's being perfectly reasonable in her demands.
(d) He feels she's making unreasonable demands on Wilhelm so he'll come back to her.
10. According to Dr. Adler, why has Wilhelm failed?
(a) Because Wilhelm is just unlucky.
(b) Because Wilhelm is self-indulgent.
(c) Because Wilhelm is not a risk taker.
(d) Because Wilhelm is not smart.
11. How does Dr. Adler feel about Wilhelm?
(a) He feels he makes too much of his problems.
(b) He feels that Wilhelm is beyond the point of fixing anything in his life.
(c) He feels he should have been a psychiatrist.
(d) He feels he is not really his son.
12. What keeps Wilhelm from letting his father have it?
(a) A promise to his mother.
(b) The respect Wilhelm has for his father.
(c) His father's age.
(d) His father's weight.
13. What meal do Wilhelm and his father share almost every day?
(c) High tea.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
(a) Maurice Venice.
(b) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
(d) Wilhelm Adler.
15. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Lojak Company.
(b) The Rolex Corporation.
(c) The Ajax Coporation.
(d) The Rojax Corporation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Adler loves to brag about his son's career as a sales executive and corresponding salary. How does he describe his son's salary?
2. Wilhelm receives a complaint from Margaret about what?
3. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
4. What is Wilhelm's relationship to his wife, Margaret?
5. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)