|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wilhelm leave college to go to Hollywood?
(a) In his junior year.
(b) In his sophomore year.
(c) In his freshman year.
(d) In his senior year.
2. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
(a) His drive to succeed.
(b) His rate of failure.
(c) His slovenliness.
(d) His tendency to stutter.
3. Why doesn't Wilhelm have enough money for rent?
(a) Because he's spent it on psychology sessions with Dr. Tamkin.
(b) Because he's invested it in the stock market.
(c) Because he's buying clothes that are too expensive.
(d) Because he's losing it all playing games of gin.
4. Why is Dr. Adler admired by everyone?
(a) Because of his distinguished career as a diagnostician and lecturer in internal medicine.
(b) Because his son is remarkably successful.
(c) Because of his distinguished career as a psychologist.
(d) Because of his distinguished career as an orthodontist.
5. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
(b) Dr. Perls.
(c) The clerk at the front desk.
(d) Dr. Adler.
6. Which character thinks, ""I am an idiot. I have no reserve."
(b) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
7. Who pressured Maurice Venice to give Wilhelm a shot at Hollywood?
(a) Wilhelm's mother.
(b) Dr. Adler.
8. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
(a) Tommy Adler.
(b) Wilky Adler.
(c) Thomas Wilhelm.
(d) Tommy Wilhelm.
9. Who cautions Wilhelm against trusting Dr. Tamkin?
(a) Mr. Perls.
(b) Maurice Venice.
(c) Dr. Adler.
10. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
(a) He thinks they were in love.
(b) He thinks his father is her best friend.
(c) He thinks they were happily married.
(d) He thinks father was just trying to get rid of her.
11. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
(a) Fortune magazine.
(b) The New Yorker magazine.
(c) Time magazine.
(d) Life magazine.
12. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
13. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He chokes himself.
(b) He opens up his wallet.
(c) He hits himself in the head.
(d) He pulls out his empty pockets.
14. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Taking a swim in the pool.
(b) Writing a screenplay.
(c) Speculating in the market.
(d) Going to the movies.
15. Who said the following: "Oh, Father, it's nice of you to give me this medical advice, but steam isn't going to cure what ails me."?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilhelm think of Mr. Perls?
2. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
3. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
4. According to Wilhelm, what is the purpose of the lawyers that he and Margaret hired for their divorce?
5. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)