|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pressured Maurice Venice to give Wilhelm a shot at Hollywood?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(d) Wilhelm's mother.
2. What was Dr. Adler's former career?
(a) He was a diagnostician and a lecturer in internal medicine.
(b) He was a dentist.
(c) He was the best surgeon around.
(d) He was noted psychiatrist.
3. How does Dr. Adler feel about Wilhelm?
(a) He feels he makes too much of his problems.
(b) He feels he is not really his son.
(c) He feels that Wilhelm is beyond the point of fixing anything in his life.
(d) He feels he should have been a psychiatrist.
4. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
(a) Tommy Wilhelm.
(b) Thomas Wilhelm.
(c) Tommy Adler.
(d) Wilky Adler.
5. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
(a) At home with his sons.
(b) In his old house in Roxbury.
(c) In his own apartment in the city.
(d) Right where he is - in the hotel.
6. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's watches.
(b) Children's furniture.
(c) Children's books.
(d) Children's toys.
7. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
(a) His rate of failure.
(b) His slovenliness.
(c) His drive to succeed.
(d) His tendency to stutter.
8. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
(b) Because he didn't make enough money.
(c) Because he wasn't divorced.
(d) Because she didn't love him.
9. Who said, "Well, Wilky, here we are under the same roof again, after all these years"?
(b) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
10. Who is the only person who believes that Catherine is an artist?
(b) Dr. Adler.
(d) Mr. Perls.
11. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
(a) He thinks they were happily married.
(b) He thinks his father is her best friend.
(c) He thinks father was just trying to get rid of her.
(d) He thinks they were in love.
12. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
(a) Hotel Gloriana.
(b) The Waldorf Hotel.
(c) Hotel Ansonia.
(d) Hotel Glorious.
13. Why is Dr. Adler admired by everyone?
(a) Because of his distinguished career as an orthodontist.
(b) Because his son is remarkably successful.
(c) Because of his distinguished career as a psychologist.
(d) Because of his distinguished career as a diagnostician and lecturer in internal medicine.
14. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He chokes himself.
(b) He opens up his wallet.
(c) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(d) He hits himself in the head.
15. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Specifically, in which market do Tamkin and Wilhelm invest?
2. What keeps Wilhelm from letting his father have it?
3. What does Wilhelm blame himself for at breakfast?
4. What floor of the hotel does Dr. Adler live on?
5. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)