|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
(a) His slovenliness.
(b) His rate of failure.
(c) His tendency to stutter.
(d) His drive to succeed.
2. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
(a) Clothes for school.
(b) Private school.
(c) Education insurance policies her mother had taken out on the boys before she died.
(d) Soccer lessons.
3. What is Wilhelm's relationship to his wife, Margaret?
(a) They are divorced.
(b) Their marriage was never official.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are separated.
4. What is the name of Wilhelm's dog?
5. Why doesn't Wilhelm have enough money for rent?
(a) Because he's losing it all playing games of gin.
(b) Because he's buying clothes that are too expensive.
(c) Because he's spent it on psychology sessions with Dr. Tamkin.
(d) Because he's invested it in the stock market.
6. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
(a) He doesn't live at the hotel.
(b) The 24th floor.
(c) The 23rd floor.
(d) The 3rd floor.
7. At breakfast, what does Wilhelm take that bothers his father?
(a) He doesn't take anything.
8. What does Wilhelm compare himself to when he sees his reflection in the glass?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A hippopotamus.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A manatee.
9. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
(a) His cigar and his hat.
(b) His suit and his watch.
(c) His hat and his gloves.
(d) His vest and his hat.
10. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) He is trying to reconcile with her.
(b) He does not want a divorce.
(c) They were never married.
(d) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
11. Wilhelm receives a complaint from Margaret about what?
(a) A postdated check.
(b) She wants him home with his family.
(c) An unpaid bill.
(d) His dirty clothes.
12. Why does Wilhelm accuse Dr. Adler of not understanding him?
(a) Because Dr. Adler is from a different generation.
(b) Because Dr. Adler was a success where Wilhelm was not.
(c) Because Dr. Adler was not a good father.
(d) Because Dr. Adler has a lot more money.
13. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(b) He chokes himself.
(c) He opens up his wallet.
(d) He hits himself in the head.
14. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
(a) In his own apartment in the city.
(b) In his old house in Roxbury.
(c) Right where he is - in the hotel.
(d) At home with his sons.
15. What career did Wilhelm have that helped him conceal his troubles?
(a) An actor.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A magician.
(d) A chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Adler think about Wilhelm and Margaret?
2. What floor does Mr. Perls live on in the hotel?
3. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
4. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)