|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Adler admired by everyone?
(a) Because of his distinguished career as a diagnostician and lecturer in internal medicine.
(b) Because of his distinguished career as an orthodontist.
(c) Because his son is remarkably successful.
(d) Because of his distinguished career as a psychologist.
2. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) He does not want a divorce.
(b) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
(c) He is trying to reconcile with her.
(d) They were never married.
3. Specifically, in which market do Tamkin and Wilhelm invest?
(a) In the commodities market.
(b) In the services market.
(c) They just invest in general.
(d) In the products market.
4. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about his late wife.
(b) He boasts about his former colleagues.
(c) He boasts about himself.
(d) He boasts about his children.
5. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
(a) Life magazine.
(b) The New Yorker magazine.
(c) Fortune magazine.
(d) Time magazine.
6. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Orange juice.
7. What does Wilhelm eat after Mr. Perls leaves?
(a) He orders more food.
(b) All the food left on the table.
(c) His own plate.
(d) He doesn't eat anything.
8. What does Wilhelm compare himself to when he sees his reflection in the glass?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A hippopotamus.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A manatee.
9. What career did Wilhelm's mother encourage him to try?
(b) Investment banking.
10. Who said the following: "Oh, Father, it's nice of you to give me this medical advice, but steam isn't going to cure what ails me."?
(b) Dr. Adler.
(d) Mr. Perls.
11. Who is the only person who believes that Catherine is an artist?
(b) Mr. Perls.
(c) Dr. Adler.
12. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
(a) Soccer lessons.
(b) Clothes for school.
(c) Education insurance policies her mother had taken out on the boys before she died.
(d) Private school.
13. Why does Dr. Adler's daughter, Catherine, want money?
(a) She wants to rent a gallery for an exhibition.
(b) She wants to invest it in the stock market.
(c) She wants to backpack around Europe.
(d) She wants to go back to school and get a graduate degree.
14. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
(a) Tommy Wilhelm.
(b) Thomas Wilhelm.
(c) Tommy Adler.
(d) Wilky Adler.
15. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's furniture.
(b) Children's toys.
(c) Children's watches.
(d) Children's books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Adler's former career?
2. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
3. What does Dr. Adler refuse to help Wilhelm with?
4. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
5. Why was Dr. Adler never around in Wilhelm's childhood?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)