|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
(a) He always wanted to be an actor.
(b) He wanted nice weather.
(c) He loved movies more than anything.
(d) A talent agent convinced him he'd be a star.
2. According to Dr. Adler, why has Wilhelm failed?
(a) Because Wilhelm is not a risk taker.
(b) Because Wilhelm is just unlucky.
(c) Because Wilhelm is self-indulgent.
(d) Because Wilhelm is not smart.
3. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
(a) Play it safe.
(b) Be aggressive.
(c) Use a psychological approach.
(d) Use lots of money to invest.
4. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
(a) His suit and his watch.
(b) His hat and his gloves.
(c) His cigar and his hat.
(d) His vest and his hat.
5. What does Wilhelm think of Mr. Perls?
(a) He thinks Mr. Perls is a wonderful old man.
(b) He dislikes Mr. Perls because he is very rude.
(c) He thinks Mr. Perls is very wise.
(d) He finds his look repulsive and resents his presence at breakfast.
6. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
(a) He doesn't think about her at all.
(b) He feels she's being perfectly reasonable in her demands.
(c) He feels that she's reaching out to Wilhelm in a loving way.
(d) He feels she's making unreasonable demands on Wilhelm so he'll come back to her.
7. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
(a) In his own apartment in the city.
(b) Right where he is - in the hotel.
(c) In his old house in Roxbury.
(d) At home with his sons.
8. What career did Wilhelm have that helped him conceal his troubles?
(a) A magician.
(b) An actor.
(c) A chef.
(d) A salesman.
9. Who said the following: "Oh, Father, it's nice of you to give me this medical advice, but steam isn't going to cure what ails me."?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
10. Specifically, in which market do Tamkin and Wilhelm invest?
(a) In the commodities market.
(b) In the products market.
(c) They just invest in general.
(d) In the services market.
11. What do Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls think of Tamkin?
(a) They think he is a genius.
(b) They think he is a cool cat.
(c) They think he is a criminal.
(d) They think he is a fraud.
12. What is the only thing Margaret asks for from Wilhelm?
13. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
(a) He thinks they were in love.
(b) He thinks father was just trying to get rid of her.
(c) He thinks his father is her best friend.
(d) He thinks they were happily married.
14. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
(a) Coca Cola.
(c) Orange juice.
15. According to Wilhelm, who would Dr. Adler like to be rid of?
(a) Wilhelm and Dr. Perls.
(b) All the guests at the hotel.
(c) Wilhelm and his sister.
(d) Wilhelm and Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wilhelm accuse Dr. Adler of not understanding him?
2. Does Wilhelm consider himself a good conversationalist?
3. What does Wilhelm's own son call him?
4. When did Wilhelm leave college to go to Hollywood?
5. What does Wilhelm eat after Mr. Perls leaves?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)