|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Adler admired by everyone?
(a) Because his son is remarkably successful.
(b) Because of his distinguished career as a diagnostician and lecturer in internal medicine.
(c) Because of his distinguished career as a psychologist.
(d) Because of his distinguished career as an orthodontist.
2. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
(a) Hotel Ansonia.
(b) The Waldorf Hotel.
(c) Hotel Gloriana.
(d) Hotel Glorious.
3. Which of the following does Dr. Adler NOT prescribe for Wilhelm to feel better about himself?
(b) Prescription drugs.
(c) Steam baths.
4. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
(a) Dr. Adler
5. Who is the only person who believes that Catherine is an artist?
(b) Dr. Adler.
(d) Mr. Perls.
6. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
(a) He feels she's making unreasonable demands on Wilhelm so he'll come back to her.
(b) He feels she's being perfectly reasonable in her demands.
(c) He feels that she's reaching out to Wilhelm in a loving way.
(d) He doesn't think about her at all.
7. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's books.
(b) Children's toys.
(c) Children's furniture.
(d) Children's watches.
8. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
(a) The 24th floor.
(b) He doesn't live at the hotel.
(c) The 3rd floor.
(d) The 23rd floor.
9. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because he wasn't divorced.
(b) Because he didn't make enough money.
(c) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
(d) Because she didn't love him.
10. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
(a) They met on the street.
(b) Their fathers are cousins.
(c) They are both staying at the hotel.
(d) A nightly game of gin.
11. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Speculating in the market.
(b) Taking a swim in the pool.
(c) Writing a screenplay.
(d) Going to the movies.
12. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) His stammer.
(b) His lisp.
(c) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
(d) His slur.
13. What does Wilhelm eat after Mr. Perls leaves?
(a) His own plate.
(b) He doesn't eat anything.
(c) He orders more food.
(d) All the food left on the table.
14. Why was Dr. Adler a success?
(a) Because of hard work.
(b) Because he was smart.
(c) Because his dad was rich.
(d) Because of dumb luck.
15. Wilhelm receives a complaint from Margaret about what?
(a) She wants him home with his family.
(b) A postdated check.
(c) His dirty clothes.
(d) An unpaid bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
2. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
3. What does Wilhelm whine about during breakfast with Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls?
4. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
5. What does Wilhelm expect from his father that he can't seem to get?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)