|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about his children.
(b) He boasts about his former colleagues.
(c) He boasts about his late wife.
(d) He boasts about himself.
2. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
(a) The clerk at the front desk.
(b) Dr. Adler.
(c) Dr. Perls.
3. What keeps Wilhelm from letting his father have it?
(a) His father's weight.
(b) His father's age.
(c) A promise to his mother.
(d) The respect Wilhelm has for his father.
4. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
(a) The best in the business.
(b) A good friend to Wilhelm.
(c) A saint.
(d) A crook.
5. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He chokes himself.
(b) He opens up his wallet.
(c) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(d) He hits himself in the head.
6. Dr. Adler loves to brag about his son's career as a sales executive and corresponding salary. How does he describe his son's salary?
(a) In the millions.
(b) In the five figures.
(c) In the six figures.
(d) In the four figures.
7. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
(a) Play it safe.
(b) Use lots of money to invest.
(c) Use a psychological approach.
(d) Be aggressive.
8. What is the name of Wilhelm's dog?
9. What does Wilhelm think of Mr. Perls?
(a) He thinks Mr. Perls is very wise.
(b) He dislikes Mr. Perls because he is very rude.
(c) He finds his look repulsive and resents his presence at breakfast.
(d) He thinks Mr. Perls is a wonderful old man.
10. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because she didn't love him.
(b) Because he didn't make enough money.
(c) Because he wasn't divorced.
(d) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
11. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
(a) His hat and his gloves.
(b) His suit and his watch.
(c) His vest and his hat.
(d) His cigar and his hat.
12. Specifically, in which market do Tamkin and Wilhelm invest?
(a) They just invest in general.
(b) In the commodities market.
(c) In the products market.
(d) In the services market.
13. Who has Wilhelm by the throat, and is strangling him?
(b) Dr. Adler.
14. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
(a) He thinks they were in love.
(b) He thinks they were happily married.
(c) He thinks father was just trying to get rid of her.
(d) He thinks his father is her best friend.
15. Why was Dr. Adler a success?
(a) Because of dumb luck.
(b) Because his dad was rich.
(c) Because of hard work.
(d) Because he was smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Wilhelm did not graduate from college, he sometimes lies and says he attended which institution?
2. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
3. What does Wilhelm expect from his father that he can't seem to get?
4. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
5. Why does Wilhelm accuse Dr. Adler of not understanding him?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)