|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because he wasn't divorced.
(b) Because he didn't make enough money.
(c) Because she didn't love him.
(d) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
2. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
(a) At home with his sons.
(b) In his old house in Roxbury.
(c) Right where he is - in the hotel.
(d) In his own apartment in the city.
3. Who said, "Well, Wilky, here we are under the same roof again, after all these years"?
(a) Mr. Perls.
(c) Dr. Adler.
4. What meal do Wilhelm and his father share almost every day?
(a) High tea.
5. Why was Dr. Adler never around in Wilhelm's childhood?
(a) He was always busy at the hospital or university.
(b) He was at the bar.
(c) He was with his other family.
(d) He travelled a lot.
6. Which of the following does Dr. Adler NOT prescribe for Wilhelm to feel better about himself?
(b) Steam baths.
(d) Prescription drugs.
7. Why did Wilhelm respond to the letter from the talent scout?
(a) He had been quarreling with his parents about what to do in life, so he jumped on it.
(b) He was about to flunk out of school.
(c) He was bored.
(d) He had always wanted to be an actor.
8. What does Wilhelm eat after Mr. Perls leaves?
(a) He orders more food.
(b) He doesn't eat anything.
(c) All the food left on the table.
(d) His own plate.
9. Which character thinks, ""I am an idiot. I have no reserve."
(c) Dr. Adler.
(d) Mr. Perls.
10. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) The clerk at the front desk.
(c) Dr. Perls.
11. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
(b) His slur.
(c) His lisp.
(d) His stammer.
12. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
13. What does Wilhelm expect from his father that he can't seem to get?
(b) Psychological advice.
(c) Medical advice.
(d) Stock market advice.
14. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
15. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
(a) It doesn't mean anything.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A sure thing.
(d) A kiss of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
2. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
3. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
4. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
5. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)