|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said the following: "Oh, Father, it's nice of you to give me this medical advice, but steam isn't going to cure what ails me."?
(c) Dr. Adler.
(d) Mr. Perls.
2. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
(a) Be aggressive.
(b) Play it safe.
(c) Use a psychological approach.
(d) Use lots of money to invest.
3. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) His stammer.
(b) His lisp.
(c) His slur.
(d) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
4. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Rojax Corporation.
(b) The Rolex Corporation.
(c) The Lojak Company.
(d) The Ajax Coporation.
5. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
6. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because she didn't love him.
(b) Because he didn't make enough money.
(c) Because he wasn't divorced.
(d) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
7. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
(a) Coca Cola.
(d) Orange juice.
8. How does Dr. Adler feel about Wilhelm?
(a) He feels he makes too much of his problems.
(b) He feels that Wilhelm is beyond the point of fixing anything in his life.
(c) He feels he should have been a psychiatrist.
(d) He feels he is not really his son.
9. Why did Wilhelm respond to the letter from the talent scout?
(a) He was about to flunk out of school.
(b) He had been quarreling with his parents about what to do in life, so he jumped on it.
(c) He was bored.
(d) He had always wanted to be an actor.
10. Who pressured Maurice Venice to give Wilhelm a shot at Hollywood?
(a) Wilhelm's mother.
(c) Dr. Adler.
11. Why does Wilhelm trust Tamkin?
(a) Because Dr. Adler trusts Tamkin.
(b) Because they have mutual friends.
(c) Because Tamkin is famous.
(d) Because he listens sympathetically to Wilhelm's problems and tries to help.
12. Although Wilhelm did not graduate from college, he sometimes lies and says he attended which institution?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Mississippi State University.
(c) Pennsylvania State University.
(d) University of Pennsylvania.
13. Which of the following does Dr. Adler NOT prescribe for Wilhelm to feel better about himself?
(a) Steam baths.
(c) Prescription drugs.
14. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He hits himself in the head.
(b) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(c) He opens up his wallet.
(d) He chokes himself.
15. What is the only thing Margaret asks for from Wilhelm?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wilhelm, what is the purpose of the lawyers that he and Margaret hired for their divorce?
2. Why was Dr. Adler a success?
3. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Wilhelm compare himself to when he sees his reflection in the glass?
5. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)