|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
(a) His slovenliness.
(b) His tendency to stutter.
(c) His drive to succeed.
(d) His rate of failure.
2. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
(a) He feels that she's reaching out to Wilhelm in a loving way.
(b) He feels she's making unreasonable demands on Wilhelm so he'll come back to her.
(c) He doesn't think about her at all.
(d) He feels she's being perfectly reasonable in her demands.
3. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) They were never married.
(b) He does not want a divorce.
(c) He is trying to reconcile with her.
(d) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
4. Why does Dr. Adler's daughter, Catherine, want money?
(a) She wants to go back to school and get a graduate degree.
(b) She wants to rent a gallery for an exhibition.
(c) She wants to invest it in the stock market.
(d) She wants to backpack around Europe.
5. Who cautions Wilhelm against trusting Dr. Tamkin?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Mr. Perls.
(c) Maurice Venice.
6. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
7. Specifically, in which market do Tamkin and Wilhelm invest?
(a) In the products market.
(b) In the services market.
(c) In the commodities market.
(d) They just invest in general.
8. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Rojax Corporation.
(b) The Rolex Corporation.
(c) The Lojak Company.
(d) The Ajax Coporation.
9. Why does Wilhelm trust Tamkin?
(a) Because Dr. Adler trusts Tamkin.
(b) Because Tamkin is famous.
(c) Because they have mutual friends.
(d) Because he listens sympathetically to Wilhelm's problems and tries to help.
10. Who is the only person who believes that Catherine is an artist?
(a) Mr. Perls.
(b) Dr. Adler.
11. What does Wilhelm compare himself to when he sees his reflection in the glass?
(a) A hippopotamus.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A manatee.
12. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He opens up his wallet.
(b) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(c) He chokes himself.
(d) He hits himself in the head.
13. What does Wilhelm think of Mr. Perls?
(a) He thinks Mr. Perls is a wonderful old man.
(b) He finds his look repulsive and resents his presence at breakfast.
(c) He dislikes Mr. Perls because he is very rude.
(d) He thinks Mr. Perls is very wise.
14. According to Dr. Adler, why has Wilhelm failed?
(a) Because Wilhelm is not a risk taker.
(b) Because Wilhelm is self-indulgent.
(c) Because Wilhelm is just unlucky.
(d) Because Wilhelm is not smart.
15. Why does Wilhelm accuse Dr. Adler of not understanding him?
(a) Because Dr. Adler was not a good father.
(b) Because Dr. Adler is from a different generation.
(c) Because Dr. Adler was a success where Wilhelm was not.
(d) Because Dr. Adler has a lot more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
2. At breakfast, what does Wilhelm take that bothers his father?
3. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
4. What does Wilhelm expect from his father that he can't seem to get?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)