|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(b) He hits himself in the head.
(c) He chokes himself.
(d) He opens up his wallet.
2. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) He does not want a divorce.
(b) They were never married.
(c) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
(d) He is trying to reconcile with her.
3. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Rojax Corporation.
(b) The Lojak Company.
(c) The Rolex Corporation.
(d) The Ajax Coporation.
4. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
(a) His slovenliness.
(b) His drive to succeed.
(c) His rate of failure.
(d) His tendency to stutter.
5. According to Wilhelm, who would Dr. Adler like to be rid of?
(a) All the guests at the hotel.
(b) Wilhelm and Dr. Perls.
(c) Wilhelm and his sister.
(d) Wilhelm and Margaret.
6. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
(a) He wanted nice weather.
(b) He loved movies more than anything.
(c) He always wanted to be an actor.
(d) A talent agent convinced him he'd be a star.
7. Why did Wilhelm change his name when he got to Hollywood?
(a) Wilhelm always hated his name and couldn't wait to change it.
(b) It was an attempt at gaining freedom.
(c) Wilhelm's father encouraged it.
(d) Maurice Venice demanded it.
8. What floor of the hotel does Dr. Adler live on?
(a) The 23rd floor.
(b) The 14th floor.
(c) The penthouse.
(d) The 4th floor.
9. Although Wilhelm did not graduate from college, he sometimes lies and says he attended which institution?
(a) Pennsylvania State University.
(b) Mississippi State University.
(c) University of Pennsylvania.
(d) Harvard University.
10. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
(a) The 3rd floor.
(b) The 23rd floor.
(c) The 24th floor.
(d) He doesn't live at the hotel.
11. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
(a) They met on the street.
(b) They are both staying at the hotel.
(c) A nightly game of gin.
(d) Their fathers are cousins.
12. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
(a) Thomas Wilhelm.
(b) Tommy Wilhelm.
(c) Wilky Adler.
(d) Tommy Adler.
13. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
(a) The New Yorker magazine.
(b) Fortune magazine.
(c) Life magazine.
(d) Time magazine.
14. What does Wilhelm blame himself for at breakfast?
(a) Not being able to stand up to Margaret.
(b) Talking too much.
(c) Not being kind enough to Mr. Perls.
(d) Drinking too much Coca Cola.
15. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
(a) A sure thing.
(b) A kiss of death.
(c) It doesn't mean anything.
(d) A blessing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
2. What career did Wilhelm have that helped him conceal his troubles?
3. What do Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls think of Tamkin?
4. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
5. What career did Wilhelm's mother encourage him to try?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)