|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
(a) His suit and his watch.
(b) His vest and his hat.
(c) His hat and his gloves.
(d) His cigar and his hat.
2. What does Wilhelm blame himself for at breakfast?
(a) Drinking too much Coca Cola.
(b) Not being kind enough to Mr. Perls.
(c) Not being able to stand up to Margaret.
(d) Talking too much.
3. What does Dr. Adler think about Wilhelm and Margaret?
(a) He thinks Wilhelm should kidnap his sons and run away.
(b) He thinks Wilhelm should stop giving her so much money.
(c) He thinks Wilhelm and Margaret should renew their vows.
(d) He thinks Wilhelm should move back in.
4. Why does Wilhelm accuse Dr. Adler of not understanding him?
(a) Because Dr. Adler is from a different generation.
(b) Because Dr. Adler was a success where Wilhelm was not.
(c) Because Dr. Adler has a lot more money.
(d) Because Dr. Adler was not a good father.
5. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(b) He hits himself in the head.
(c) He chokes himself.
(d) He opens up his wallet.
6. What does Wilhelm compare himself to when he sees his reflection in the glass?
(a) A manatee.
(b) A hippopotamus.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A tiger.
7. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
(a) The clerk at the front desk.
(b) Dr. Perls.
(c) Dr. Adler.
8. Why is Margaret happy with the way things are?
(a) Because she loves Wilhelm.
(b) Because she just doesn't care.
(c) Because she's trying to win Wilhelm back.
(d) Because Wilhelm is paying her more than she'd get in a divorce settlement.
9. Why was Dr. Adler a success?
(a) Because he was smart.
(b) Because of dumb luck.
(c) Because of hard work.
(d) Because his dad was rich.
10. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
(a) A nightly game of gin.
(b) They are both staying at the hotel.
(c) They met on the street.
(d) Their fathers are cousins.
11. Which of the following does Dr. Adler NOT prescribe for Wilhelm to feel better about himself?
(b) Prescription drugs.
(c) Steam baths.
12. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
(a) The best in the business.
(b) A good friend to Wilhelm.
(c) A saint.
(d) A crook.
13. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
(a) His drive to succeed.
(b) His tendency to stutter.
(c) His slovenliness.
(d) His rate of failure.
14. What floor of the hotel does Dr. Adler live on?
(a) The penthouse.
(b) The 23rd floor.
(c) The 14th floor.
(d) The 4th floor.
15. Which of the following is an invention of Dr. Tamkin's?
(a) A special hat for fishing boat captains to predict the weather.
(b) An electrical device for truck drivers to shock them awake when they doze off.
(c) A machine that accurately predicts which stocks will rise.
(d) An underwater suit for penguins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wilhelm trust Tamkin?
2. Who said, "Well, Wilky, here we are under the same roof again, after all these years"?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
4. What does Wilhelm expect from his father that he can't seem to get?
5. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)