|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Wilhelm consider himself a good conversationalist?
(a) No he does not.
(b) He doesn't really like to talk.
(c) Yes, especially with his father.
(d) Yes, but not with his father.
2. According to Wilhelm, who would Dr. Adler like to be rid of?
(a) All the guests at the hotel.
(b) Wilhelm and Dr. Perls.
(c) Wilhelm and Margaret.
(d) Wilhelm and his sister.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
(a) Maurice Venice.
(b) Wilhelm Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
(d) Dr. Adler.
4. According to Wilhelm, what is the purpose of the lawyers that he and Margaret hired for their divorce?
(a) To talk and send him bills.
(b) To make sure everything is equal.
(c) To help them get divorced.
(d) To side with Margaret.
5. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
(a) A talent agent convinced him he'd be a star.
(b) He loved movies more than anything.
(c) He wanted nice weather.
(d) He always wanted to be an actor.
6. What career did Wilhelm's mother encourage him to try?
(d) Investment banking.
7. What floor of the hotel does Dr. Adler live on?
(a) The 23rd floor.
(b) The 14th floor.
(c) The 4th floor.
(d) The penthouse.
8. What does Dr. Adler suggest that Wilhelm cut back on?
(c) His job.
9. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
(b) Dr. Adler
10. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
(b) His stammer.
(c) His lisp.
(d) His slur.
11. What does Dr. Adler brag that Wilhelm's career is?
(a) Sales executive.
12. Who cautions Wilhelm against trusting Dr. Tamkin?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Mr. Perls.
(d) Maurice Venice.
13. Which character thinks, ""I am an idiot. I have no reserve."
(a) Dr. Adler.
(d) Mr. Perls.
14. Why did Wilhelm respond to the letter from the talent scout?
(a) He was about to flunk out of school.
(b) He was bored.
(c) He had been quarreling with his parents about what to do in life, so he jumped on it.
(d) He had always wanted to be an actor.
15. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
(a) The Waldorf Hotel.
(b) Hotel Gloriana.
(c) Hotel Ansonia.
(d) Hotel Glorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Dr. Adler a success?
2. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
3. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
4. Why is Dr. Adler admired by everyone?
5. What does Wilhelm blame himself for at breakfast?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)