|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilhelm think of Mr. Perls?
(a) He dislikes Mr. Perls because he is very rude.
(b) He thinks Mr. Perls is very wise.
(c) He finds his look repulsive and resents his presence at breakfast.
(d) He thinks Mr. Perls is a wonderful old man.
2. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
(a) At home with his sons.
(b) In his old house in Roxbury.
(c) Right where he is - in the hotel.
(d) In his own apartment in the city.
3. When did Wilhelm leave college to go to Hollywood?
(a) In his senior year.
(b) In his junior year.
(c) In his sophomore year.
(d) In his freshman year.
4. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's toys.
(b) Children's books.
(c) Children's furniture.
(d) Children's watches.
5. Does Wilhelm consider himself a good conversationalist?
(a) He doesn't really like to talk.
(b) Yes, but not with his father.
(c) No he does not.
(d) Yes, especially with his father.
6. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
(a) A kiss of death.
(b) It doesn't mean anything.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A sure thing.
7. What is the name of Wilhelm's dog?
8. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
9. What was Dr. Adler's former career?
(a) He was the best surgeon around.
(b) He was noted psychiatrist.
(c) He was a diagnostician and a lecturer in internal medicine.
(d) He was a dentist.
10. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He opens up his wallet.
(b) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(c) He hits himself in the head.
(d) He chokes himself.
11. Which character thinks, ""I am an idiot. I have no reserve."
(a) Mr. Perls.
(b) Dr. Adler.
12. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
(a) The Waldorf Hotel.
(b) Hotel Glorious.
(c) Hotel Ansonia.
(d) Hotel Gloriana.
13. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
(c) Dr. Adler
14. What approach does Dr. Tamkin convince Wilhelm to use in the stock market?
(a) An historical approach.
(b) A logical approach.
(c) A psychological approach.
(d) A statistical approach.
15. Why does Wilhelm accuse Dr. Adler of not understanding him?
(a) Because Dr. Adler has a lot more money.
(b) Because Dr. Adler was not a good father.
(c) Because Dr. Adler was a success where Wilhelm was not.
(d) Because Dr. Adler is from a different generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
2. Dr. Adler loves to brag about his son's career as a sales executive and corresponding salary. How does he describe his son's salary?
3. What is the only thing Margaret asks for from Wilhelm?
4. Why is Margaret happy with the way things are?
5. What keeps Wilhelm from letting his father have it?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)