|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Rolex Corporation.
(b) The Ajax Coporation.
(c) The Lojak Company.
(d) The Rojax Corporation.
2. What meal do Wilhelm and his father share almost every day?
(d) High tea.
3. What does Wilhelm eat after Mr. Perls leaves?
(a) He doesn't eat anything.
(b) All the food left on the table.
(c) His own plate.
(d) He orders more food.
4. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
(a) Dr. Adler
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
(a) Maurice Venice.
(b) Mr. Perls.
(c) Wilhelm Adler.
(d) Dr. Adler.
6. What career did Wilhelm have that helped him conceal his troubles?
(a) An actor.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A magician.
(d) A chef.
7. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
(a) Orange juice.
(b) Coca Cola.
8. Why did Wilhelm change his name when he got to Hollywood?
(a) Maurice Venice demanded it.
(b) It was an attempt at gaining freedom.
(c) Wilhelm always hated his name and couldn't wait to change it.
(d) Wilhelm's father encouraged it.
9. What approach does Dr. Tamkin convince Wilhelm to use in the stock market?
(a) A statistical approach.
(b) A psychological approach.
(c) An historical approach.
(d) A logical approach.
10. At breakfast, what does Wilhelm take that bothers his father?
(b) He doesn't take anything.
11. Specifically, in which market do Tamkin and Wilhelm invest?
(a) In the products market.
(b) In the services market.
(c) In the commodities market.
(d) They just invest in general.
12. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's books.
(b) Children's toys.
(c) Children's watches.
(d) Children's furniture.
13. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
(a) He thinks father was just trying to get rid of her.
(b) He thinks they were happily married.
(c) He thinks they were in love.
(d) He thinks his father is her best friend.
14. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about his children.
(b) He boasts about his late wife.
(c) He boasts about himself.
(d) He boasts about his former colleagues.
15. What does Wilhelm think of Mr. Perls?
(a) He finds his look repulsive and resents his presence at breakfast.
(b) He dislikes Mr. Perls because he is very rude.
(c) He thinks Mr. Perls is very wise.
(d) He thinks Mr. Perls is a wonderful old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Adler suggest that Wilhelm cut back on?
2. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
3. Wilhelm receives a complaint from Margaret about what?
4. When did Wilhelm leave college to go to Hollywood?
5. Why was Dr. Adler never around in Wilhelm's childhood?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)