|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Wilhelm have enough money for rent?
(a) Because he's losing it all playing games of gin.
(b) Because he's spent it on psychology sessions with Dr. Tamkin.
(c) Because he's buying clothes that are too expensive.
(d) Because he's invested it in the stock market.
2. What does Wilhelm eat after Mr. Perls leaves?
(a) He orders more food.
(b) All the food left on the table.
(c) He doesn't eat anything.
(d) His own plate.
3. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
(a) He doesn't live at the hotel.
(b) The 23rd floor.
(c) The 3rd floor.
(d) The 24th floor.
4. What does Dr. Adler suggest that Wilhelm cut back on?
(d) His job.
5. Why did Wilhelm respond to the letter from the talent scout?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He was about to flunk out of school.
(c) He had been quarreling with his parents about what to do in life, so he jumped on it.
(d) He had always wanted to be an actor.
6. Dr. Adler loves to brag about his son's career as a sales executive and corresponding salary. How does he describe his son's salary?
(a) In the five figures.
(b) In the four figures.
(c) In the six figures.
(d) In the millions.
7. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
(a) He thinks they were happily married.
(b) He thinks they were in love.
(c) He thinks his father is her best friend.
(d) He thinks father was just trying to get rid of her.
8. What floor of the hotel does Dr. Adler live on?
(a) The 23rd floor.
(b) The 14th floor.
(c) The 4th floor.
(d) The penthouse.
9. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
10. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) His slur.
(b) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
(c) His stammer.
(d) His lisp.
11. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
(a) Soccer lessons.
(b) Education insurance policies her mother had taken out on the boys before she died.
(c) Private school.
(d) Clothes for school.
12. Does Wilhelm consider himself a good conversationalist?
(a) He doesn't really like to talk.
(b) Yes, but not with his father.
(c) Yes, especially with his father.
(d) No he does not.
13. What does Dr. Adler refuse to help Wilhelm with?
14. Why is Margaret happy with the way things are?
(a) Because she just doesn't care.
(b) Because Wilhelm is paying her more than she'd get in a divorce settlement.
(c) Because she's trying to win Wilhelm back.
(d) Because she loves Wilhelm.
15. What does Wilhelm whine about during breakfast with Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls?
(a) That his wife will not divorce him.
(b) That his breakfast is cold.
(c) Being passed over for a promotion.
(d) That he has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
2. What does Dr. Adler think about Wilhelm and Margaret?
3. Who said, "Well, Wilky, here we are under the same roof again, after all these years"?
4. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
5. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)