|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because she didn't love him.
(b) Because he wasn't divorced.
(c) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
(d) Because he didn't make enough money.
2. Does Wilhelm consider himself a good conversationalist?
(a) Yes, but not with his father.
(b) He doesn't really like to talk.
(c) Yes, especially with his father.
(d) No he does not.
3. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
(a) In his old house in Roxbury.
(b) At home with his sons.
(c) In his own apartment in the city.
(d) Right where he is - in the hotel.
4. Why does Dr. Adler's daughter, Catherine, want money?
(a) She wants to backpack around Europe.
(b) She wants to invest it in the stock market.
(c) She wants to rent a gallery for an exhibition.
(d) She wants to go back to school and get a graduate degree.
5. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
(a) It doesn't mean anything.
(b) A sure thing.
(c) A kiss of death.
(d) A blessing.
6. Who is the only person who believes that Catherine is an artist?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
7. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
(a) The 3rd floor.
(b) The 24th floor.
(c) The 23rd floor.
(d) He doesn't live at the hotel.
8. What does Wilhelm blame himself for at breakfast?
(a) Drinking too much Coca Cola.
(b) Talking too much.
(c) Not being able to stand up to Margaret.
(d) Not being kind enough to Mr. Perls.
9. Who has Wilhelm by the throat, and is strangling him?
(c) Dr. Adler.
10. What was Dr. Adler's former career?
(a) He was noted psychiatrist.
(b) He was a dentist.
(c) He was a diagnostician and a lecturer in internal medicine.
(d) He was the best surgeon around.
11. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
(a) A nightly game of gin.
(b) Their fathers are cousins.
(c) They are both staying at the hotel.
(d) They met on the street.
12. According to Wilhelm, who would Dr. Adler like to be rid of?
(a) Wilhelm and Dr. Perls.
(b) Wilhelm and his sister.
(c) All the guests at the hotel.
(d) Wilhelm and Margaret.
13. Why doesn't Wilhelm have enough money for rent?
(a) Because he's buying clothes that are too expensive.
(b) Because he's losing it all playing games of gin.
(c) Because he's spent it on psychology sessions with Dr. Tamkin.
(d) Because he's invested it in the stock market.
14. Specifically, in which market do Tamkin and Wilhelm invest?
(a) In the products market.
(b) They just invest in general.
(c) In the services market.
(d) In the commodities market.
15. Which career does Wilhelm's mother want him to consider instead of acting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
2. Dr. Adler loves to brag about his son's career as a sales executive and corresponding salary. How does he describe his son's salary?
3. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
4. What is the only thing Margaret asks for from Wilhelm?
5. According to Wilhelm, what is the purpose of the lawyers that he and Margaret hired for their divorce?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)