|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
(a) He wanted nice weather.
(b) He loved movies more than anything.
(c) He always wanted to be an actor.
(d) A talent agent convinced him he'd be a star.
2. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
(a) A saint.
(b) A crook.
(c) A good friend to Wilhelm.
(d) The best in the business.
3. Why was Dr. Adler never around in Wilhelm's childhood?
(a) He was at the bar.
(b) He was with his other family.
(c) He was always busy at the hospital or university.
(d) He travelled a lot.
4. What does Dr. Adler suggest that Wilhelm cut back on?
(d) His job.
5. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
(a) The 23rd floor.
(b) The 24th floor.
(c) The 3rd floor.
(d) He doesn't live at the hotel.
6. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about his children.
(b) He boasts about himself.
(c) He boasts about his late wife.
(d) He boasts about his former colleagues.
7. How does Dr. Adler feel about Wilhelm?
(a) He feels he should have been a psychiatrist.
(b) He feels he is not really his son.
(c) He feels he makes too much of his problems.
(d) He feels that Wilhelm is beyond the point of fixing anything in his life.
8. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
(b) Because she didn't love him.
(c) Because he didn't make enough money.
(d) Because he wasn't divorced.
9. When did Wilhelm leave college to go to Hollywood?
(a) In his junior year.
(b) In his freshman year.
(c) In his senior year.
(d) In his sophomore year.
10. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
(a) Coca Cola.
(d) Orange juice.
11. Wilhelm receives a complaint from Margaret about what?
(a) An unpaid bill.
(b) She wants him home with his family.
(c) A postdated check.
(d) His dirty clothes.
12. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
13. Why does Wilhelm trust Tamkin?
(a) Because Tamkin is famous.
(b) Because Dr. Adler trusts Tamkin.
(c) Because he listens sympathetically to Wilhelm's problems and tries to help.
(d) Because they have mutual friends.
14. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Writing a screenplay.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Taking a swim in the pool.
(d) Speculating in the market.
15. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
(a) His vest and his hat.
(b) His cigar and his hat.
(c) His hat and his gloves.
(d) His suit and his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
2. Who pressured Maurice Venice to give Wilhelm a shot at Hollywood?
3. Which of the following does Dr. Adler NOT prescribe for Wilhelm to feel better about himself?
4. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
5. What floor does Mr. Perls live on in the hotel?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)