Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilhelm receives a complaint from Margaret about what?
(a) His dirty clothes.
(b) An unpaid bill.
(c) A postdated check.
(d) She wants him home with his family.
2. According to Wilhelm, who would Dr. Adler like to be rid of?
(a) All the guests at the hotel.
(b) Wilhelm and his sister.
(c) Wilhelm and Margaret.
(d) Wilhelm and Dr. Perls.
3. Which of the following does Dr. Adler NOT prescribe for Wilhelm to feel better about himself?
(a) Steam baths.
(b) Prescription drugs.
4. Which career does Wilhelm's mother want him to consider instead of acting?
5. What floor does Mr. Perls live on in the hotel?
(a) The 23rd floor.
(b) Mr. Perls is just visiting the hotel.
(c) The 15th floor.
(d) The 14th floor.
6. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
7. Why did Wilhelm change his name when he got to Hollywood?
(a) Wilhelm's father encouraged it.
(b) Maurice Venice demanded it.
(c) Wilhelm always hated his name and couldn't wait to change it.
(d) It was an attempt at gaining freedom.
8. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
(a) A saint.
(b) The best in the business.
(c) A crook.
(d) A good friend to Wilhelm.
9. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
(a) He wanted nice weather.
(b) A talent agent convinced him he'd be a star.
(c) He loved movies more than anything.
(d) He always wanted to be an actor.
10. What does Wilhelm whine about during breakfast with Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls?
(a) Being passed over for a promotion.
(b) That his breakfast is cold.
(c) That he has no money.
(d) That his wife will not divorce him.
11. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
(a) He feels that she's reaching out to Wilhelm in a loving way.
(b) He doesn't think about her at all.
(c) He feels she's making unreasonable demands on Wilhelm so he'll come back to her.
(d) He feels she's being perfectly reasonable in her demands.
12. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
(a) Use lots of money to invest.
(b) Play it safe.
(c) Use a psychological approach.
(d) Be aggressive.
13. What meal do Wilhelm and his father share almost every day?
(c) High tea.
14. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) He is trying to reconcile with her.
(b) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
(c) They were never married.
(d) He does not want a divorce.
15. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about his late wife.
(b) He boasts about his former colleagues.
(c) He boasts about himself.
(d) He boasts about his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
2. What is Wilhelm's relationship to his wife, Margaret?
3. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
4. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
5. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)