|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
(a) A kiss of death.
(b) It doesn't mean anything.
(c) A sure thing.
(d) A blessing.
2. What career did Wilhelm's mother encourage him to try?
(d) Investment banking.
3. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
(a) Coca Cola.
(d) Orange juice.
4. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
(a) He wanted nice weather.
(b) He always wanted to be an actor.
(c) A talent agent convinced him he'd be a star.
(d) He loved movies more than anything.
5. Why was Dr. Adler a success?
(a) Because of hard work.
(b) Because of dumb luck.
(c) Because he was smart.
(d) Because his dad was rich.
6. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
(b) His slur.
(c) His stammer.
(d) His lisp.
7. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about his late wife.
(b) He boasts about his former colleagues.
(c) He boasts about himself.
(d) He boasts about his children.
8. What does Wilhelm compare himself to when he sees his reflection in the glass?
(a) A manatee.
(b) A hippopotamus.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A tiger.
9. What does Wilhelm think of his father's relationship with this mother?
(a) He thinks they were happily married.
(b) He thinks father was just trying to get rid of her.
(c) He thinks they were in love.
(d) He thinks his father is her best friend.
10. Why did Wilhelm change his name when he got to Hollywood?
(a) It was an attempt at gaining freedom.
(b) Wilhelm's father encouraged it.
(c) Maurice Venice demanded it.
(d) Wilhelm always hated his name and couldn't wait to change it.
11. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
(a) Hotel Glorious.
(b) Hotel Ansonia.
(c) Hotel Gloriana.
(d) The Waldorf Hotel.
12. What floor does Mr. Perls live on in the hotel?
(a) The 14th floor.
(b) Mr. Perls is just visiting the hotel.
(c) The 15th floor.
(d) The 23rd floor.
13. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) They were never married.
(b) He is trying to reconcile with her.
(c) He does not want a divorce.
(d) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
14. Although Wilhelm did not graduate from college, he sometimes lies and says he attended which institution?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Mississippi State University.
(c) University of Pennsylvania.
(d) Pennsylvania State University.
15. What stage name does Wilhelm Adler take on when he arrives in Hollywood?
(a) Tommy Wilhelm.
(b) Wilky Adler.
(c) Thomas Wilhelm.
(d) Tommy Adler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
2. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
3. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
4. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
5. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)