|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Adler loves to brag about his son's career as a sales executive and corresponding salary. How does he describe his son's salary?
(a) In the four figures.
(b) In the five figures.
(c) In the six figures.
(d) In the millions.
2. According to Dr. Adler, why has Wilhelm failed?
(a) Because Wilhelm is self-indulgent.
(b) Because Wilhelm is not a risk taker.
(c) Because Wilhelm is not smart.
(d) Because Wilhelm is just unlucky.
3. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Dr. Perls.
(c) The clerk at the front desk.
4. When did Wilhelm leave college to go to Hollywood?
(a) In his senior year.
(b) In his freshman year.
(c) In his sophomore year.
(d) In his junior year.
5. After every encounter with Dr. Adler, what does Wilhelm feel?
6. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's furniture.
(b) Children's watches.
(c) Children's books.
(d) Children's toys.
7. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Rolex Corporation.
(b) The Rojax Corporation.
(c) The Ajax Coporation.
(d) The Lojak Company.
8. Why doesn't Wilhelm have enough money for rent?
(a) Because he's buying clothes that are too expensive.
(b) Because he's spent it on psychology sessions with Dr. Tamkin.
(c) Because he's invested it in the stock market.
(d) Because he's losing it all playing games of gin.
9. What does Wilhelm blame himself for at breakfast?
(a) Not being kind enough to Mr. Perls.
(b) Talking too much.
(c) Drinking too much Coca Cola.
(d) Not being able to stand up to Margaret.
10. What floor does Mr. Perls live on in the hotel?
(a) The 15th floor.
(b) The 23rd floor.
(c) Mr. Perls is just visiting the hotel.
(d) The 14th floor.
11. Why is Margaret happy with the way things are?
(a) Because she loves Wilhelm.
(b) Because she's trying to win Wilhelm back.
(c) Because she just doesn't care.
(d) Because Wilhelm is paying her more than she'd get in a divorce settlement.
12. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
13. Why did Wilhelm respond to the letter from the talent scout?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He had always wanted to be an actor.
(c) He was about to flunk out of school.
(d) He had been quarreling with his parents about what to do in life, so he jumped on it.
14. What career did Wilhelm's mother encourage him to try?
(a) Investment banking.
15. According to Wilhelm, what is the purpose of the lawyers that he and Margaret hired for their divorce?
(a) To help them get divorced.
(b) To side with Margaret.
(c) To talk and send him bills.
(d) To make sure everything is equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Adler suggest that Wilhelm cut back on?
2. Why does Wilhelm trust Tamkin?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
4. Why does Wilhelm accuse Dr. Adler of not understanding him?
5. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)