Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the guests at the Hotel Gloriana.
2. Is Dr. Adler respected by the others at the Hotel? How do you know?
3. Describe Wilhelm's appearance.
4. How does Wilhelm end up meeting Rubin and Tamkin?
5. How does Tamkin convince Wilhelm to invest in commodities?
6. Describe Wilhelm's relationship with Dr. Adler.
7. What is the importance of this quote in relation to Wilhelm: "Someone had said, and Wilhelm agreed with the saying, that in Los Angeles, all the loose objects in the country were collected, as if America had been tilted and everything that wasn't tightly screwed down had slid into Southern California."?
8. Describe Wilhelm's first impressions of Maurice Venice, the talent scout who invites Wilhelm to Los Angeles.
9. Is Maurice Venice truly interested in Wilhelm? Why or why not?
10. What happens in Chapter 1 when Wilhelm arrives in Los Angeles to start his career as an actor?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)