|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
(b) His lisp.
(c) His slur.
(d) His stammer.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
(a) Wilhelm Adler.
(b) Dr. Adler.
(c) Mr. Perls.
(d) Maurice Venice.
3. Why is it too late for Wilhelm to make any decisions about Tamkin's character?
(a) Because Wilhelm has already made up his mind.
(b) Because Wilhelm has already given him all his money.
(c) Because Dr. Adler has already told Wilhelm not to trust him.
(d) Because Wilhelm is leaving the city and going home to his family.
4. What keeps Wilhelm from letting his father have it?
(a) A promise to his mother.
(b) The respect Wilhelm has for his father.
(c) His father's weight.
(d) His father's age.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Tamkin claims to have done in his life?
(a) He worked with a Polish inventor on an unsinkable ship.
(b) He was head of a mental clinic in Toledo.
(c) He had been in a criminal underworld called the Detroit Purple Gang.
(d) He was a successful extra in Hollywood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commodity does Wilhelm think Rappaport should speculate in, given his career?
2. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
3. Wilhelm was raised as part of which religion?
4. Which character remains "unbending, remorselessly unbending" at the end of Chapter 7?
5. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)