|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about his former colleagues.
(b) He boasts about his late wife.
(c) He boasts about himself.
(d) He boasts about his children.
2. What does Wilhelm think of Mr. Perls?
(a) He thinks Mr. Perls is very wise.
(b) He thinks Mr. Perls is a wonderful old man.
(c) He dislikes Mr. Perls because he is very rude.
(d) He finds his look repulsive and resents his presence at breakfast.
3. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
(a) Soccer lessons.
(b) Clothes for school.
(c) Education insurance policies her mother had taken out on the boys before she died.
(d) Private school.
4. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
(a) Play it safe.
(b) Use a psychological approach.
(c) Use lots of money to invest.
(d) Be aggressive.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Tamkin claims to have done in his life?
(a) He had been in a criminal underworld called the Detroit Purple Gang.
(b) He worked with a Polish inventor on an unsinkable ship.
(c) He was a successful extra in Hollywood.
(d) He was head of a mental clinic in Toledo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it too late for Wilhelm to make any decisions about Tamkin's character?
2. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
3. What gift does Tamkin give to Wilhelm?
4. Who is the only person who believes that Catherine is an artist?
5. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)