|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilhelm blame himself for at breakfast?
(a) Not being able to stand up to Margaret.
(b) Not being kind enough to Mr. Perls.
(c) Drinking too much Coca Cola.
(d) Talking too much.
2. Why can't Wilhelm figure Tamkin out?
(a) Because Tamkin won't speak to him.
(b) Because he doesn't know how to form his own opinion.
(c) He isn't trying to figure him out at all.
(d) Because he wants to believe him but the gossip is compelling.
3. In contrast to Dr. Adler, what about Tamkin is appealing?
(a) He is always understanding of Wilhelm's problems.
(b) He doesn't tell Wilhelm to stop using drugs.
(c) He will happily go see Dodger games with Wilhelm and his sons.
(d) He will give Wilhelm money if he needs it.
4. Why couldn't Tamkin put in the right amount of money for an "equal partnership"?
(a) Because the rest is considered his fee for the advice he's given to Wilhelm.
(b) Because it was tied up in other investments.
(c) Because it is not an equal partnership.
(d) Because he didn't think it was fair.
5. According to Tamkin, which two important words begin with M?
(a) Money and murder.
(b) Mother and machinery.
(c) Mercy and milk-of-human-kindness.
(d) Mischief and moreover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilhelm expect from his father that he can't seem to get?
2. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
3. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
4. According to Tamkin, the best way to win in the market is to:
5. Whose eyes "were as brown as beaver fur and full of strange lines?"
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)