|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
(a) He always wanted to be an actor.
(b) A talent agent convinced him he'd be a star.
(c) He wanted nice weather.
(d) He loved movies more than anything.
2. What was Dr. Adler's former career?
(a) He was a diagnostician and a lecturer in internal medicine.
(b) He was a dentist.
(c) He was noted psychiatrist.
(d) He was the best surgeon around.
3. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
(a) His vest and his hat.
(b) His cigar and his hat.
(c) His suit and his watch.
(d) His hat and his gloves.
4. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A kiss of death.
(c) A sure thing.
(d) It doesn't mean anything.
5. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
(a) The 23rd floor.
(b) The 3rd floor.
(c) He doesn't live at the hotel.
(d) The 24th floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilhelm drink for breakfast?
2. Why did Wilhelm respond to the letter from the talent scout?
3. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
4. What approach does Dr. Tamkin convince Wilhelm to use in the stock market?
5. Why did Wilhelm change his name when he got to Hollywood?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)