|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Wilhelm consider himself a good conversationalist?
(a) No he does not.
(b) Yes, but not with his father.
(c) Yes, especially with his father.
(d) He doesn't really like to talk.
2. What does a recommendation from Maurice Venice mean in Hollywood?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A sure thing.
(c) A kiss of death.
(d) It doesn't mean anything.
3. Who does Dr. Adler always boast about to his friends?
(a) He boasts about himself.
(b) He boasts about his former colleagues.
(c) He boasts about his children.
(d) He boasts about his late wife.
4. What does Tamkin brag about to Wilhelm?
(a) He brags about the lives he has saved.
(b) He brags about all the people he has helped.
(c) He brags about the money he has made in the market.
(d) He brags about all the people he knows at the stock market.
5. What does Wilhelm compare himself to when he sees his reflection in the glass?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A hippopotamus.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A manatee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Adler's daughter, Catherine, want money?
2. When Wilhelm needs peace and quiet, where does he go in his mind?
3. What are Wilhelm and Tamkin doing together at the beginning of the novel?
4. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
5. Why did Wilhelm really leave his job?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)