|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an invention of Dr. Tamkin's?
(a) An underwater suit for penguins.
(b) An electrical device for truck drivers to shock them awake when they doze off.
(c) A machine that accurately predicts which stocks will rise.
(d) A special hat for fishing boat captains to predict the weather.
2. According to Dr. Adler, why has Wilhelm failed?
(a) Because Wilhelm is self-indulgent.
(b) Because Wilhelm is just unlucky.
(c) Because Wilhelm is not a risk taker.
(d) Because Wilhelm is not smart.
3. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
4. What gift does Tamkin give to Wilhelm?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A donation.
(d) A poem.
5. Why doesn't Wilhelm have enough money for rent?
(a) Because he's buying clothes that are too expensive.
(b) Because he's invested it in the stock market.
(c) Because he's spent it on psychology sessions with Dr. Tamkin.
(d) Because he's losing it all playing games of gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
2. What does Wilhelm expect from his father that he can't seem to get?
3. Which of the following does Dr. Adler NOT prescribe for Wilhelm to feel better about himself?
4. What is troubling about the money Tamkin invested?
5. Why does Dr. Adler's daughter, Catherine, want money?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)