* Wilhelm visits the newsstand and learns his father is already at breakfast without him.
* Wilhelm has been speculating in the stock market with Tamkin.
* Wilhelm fell for the pitch of a Hollywood talent scout and tried to be an actor. He gave up after seven years.
* Wilhelm longs to do something better with his life.
* Wilhelm gets a bill from the hotel for the monthly rent, but he does not have enough money to pay the bill.
* Wilhelm feels that his father, Dr. Adler, would just like to be rid of him and his sister, Catherine.
* In the mail, Wilhelm receives a complaint from his estranged wife that he sent her a postdated check.
* Wilhelm joins Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls for breakfast and they talk about his former job, money, and Tamkin.
* Mr. Perls leaves and Wilhelm and Dr. Adler continue the conversation. Dr...
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)