|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Collier writes that one must be sure to hire brains but remember to what?
2. The Greeks were facing demand for unconditional surrender from whom in Part VIII, Chapter 32?
3. When was Jack London born?
4. Who insists that the only way to get wealthy is to own one's own business, to be frugal and economize both personally and in business, and to forget the hours of nine to five?
5. In Part V, Chapter 20, Collier writes that after the creation of the written plan and the evaluation of absolutely everything that could be associated with the project, then the individual must be ready to approach the project with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of the excerpt from Pelton's The Creed of the Conquering Chief?
2. What does Collier write of failure and of Faith in Part VI, Chapter 25?
3. What does Collier propose for those facing creative blocks in Part VII, Chapter 28?
4. What did Albert Lewis Pelton write about the subconscious in The Creed of the Conquering Chief?
5. What does Collier write in response to questions of doubts and fear in Part VII, Chapter 28?
6. What millionaire opportunities does Collier cite in Part VIII, Chapter 33? What must one remember?
7. What Biblical allusions does Collier make in Part VI, Chapter 25?
8. What are the first four of Pelton's Seven Essential Points for Success?
9. Who was Lord George Germain? What was he ordered to do in Part VI, Chapter 26?
10. What must the individual do after completing the written plan, as described in Part V, Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Francis Thompson and the Biblical allusions in Part IV, Chapter 13. What is the theme and focus of "The Hound of Heaven"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Robert Collier's definition of Faith and how it applies to the Formula of Success. What is the Formula of Success?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Selwyn James' interpretation of Imagination. Do you agree with his assertion? Why or why not?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)