|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the MRA originated?
2. According to Collier, the Will presents itself usually out of what?
3. What is the title of the Appendix of the book?
4. According to the author, most instances of a lack of Will are due to the Will having what?
5. In Part V, Chapter 20, Collier writes that after the creation of the written plan and the evaluation of absolutely everything that could be associated with the project, then the individual must be ready to approach the project with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of the excerpt from Pelton's The Creed of the Conquering Chief?
2. What does Collier write of the Greeks in Part VIII, Chapter 32?
3. What happened to General Burgoyne's forces, due to Lord George Germain's actions?
4. What is the Creative Ideal?
5. What last example does Collier cite in Part VIII, Chapter 34 as a success story using his methods?
6. What does Collier write of the ability to strengthen the Will?
7. What are the last three of Pelton's Seven Essential Points for Success?
8. What is the MRA and who established it?
9. Why does Collier discuss J. Paul Getty in Part VIII, Chapter 32?
10. What does Collier write is the source of courage and stamina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the definition and process of Treasure Mapping. How does this process serve to help mental visualization of one's goals?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Alex Osborn, Henry Ford and Clarence Budington Kelland. How did each of these individuals succeed following methods like those the author presents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Collier's definitions of Constructive Imagination and the Definitive Purpose. What is the relationship between the two?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)