|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the part of the mind that is all-wise, all-powerful, and also called the Higher Self within man?
2. When was "Secret of the Ages" published?
3. What is nothing more and nothing less than the belief in the impossible, according to the author of Part V, Chapter 15?
4. What is the way of evaluating the positivity of one's mental state by asking the question, will this tend to make me better, stronger, and more efficient?
5. Who is described as having seen a vision of man flying like a bird in Part V, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Collier write in response to questions of doubts and fear in Part VII, Chapter 28?
2. Why does Collier discuss J. Paul Getty in Part VIII, Chapter 32?
3. Describe the Art of Creation. What does it entail?
4. What analogy does Collier give for forces of the All Power?
5. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
6. How is Albert Lewis Pelton described in his beginnings in Part VIII, Chapter 29?
7. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
8. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
9. What does Collier write is the source of courage and stamina?
10. What are the last three of Pelton's Seven Essential Points for Success?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Collier's definitions of Constructive Imagination and the Definitive Purpose. What is the relationship between the two?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Robert Collier's definition of Faith and how it applies to the Formula of Success. What is the Formula of Success?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the definition of a Positive Mental Attitude and how it applies to the Formula of Success. How does Collier differentiate Positive and Negative Attitudes?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)