|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Collier, most individuals have many desires, and they can often what?
2. In what field of business did the author of Part V, Chapter 16 succeed?
3. What poem by Francis Thompson is cited in Part IV, Chapter 13?
4. Who was already a millionaire before he actually hired someone to give him the education he felt he needed?
5. What is the way of evaluating the positivity of one's mental state by asking the question, will this tend to make me better, stronger, and more efficient?
Short Essay Questions
1. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
2. What does Collier write in response to questions of doubts and fear in Part VII, Chapter 28?
3. What example does Collier use to demonstrate the Law of Ambition in Part II, Chapter 2?
4. Why does Collier discuss J. Paul Getty in Part VIII, Chapter 32?
5. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
6. How does Collier define Will?
7. What does Collier write is the source of courage and stamina?
8. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
9. What does Collier claim of America in Part VIII, Chapter 34?
10. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Church of Scientology and the concept of Faith Healing. When and where was Faith Healing originated?
Essay Topic 2
Define Creative Power, Personal Power and All Power, and discuss the theological components of Collier's philosophies. How encompassing are Collier's views on religion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Collier's Master Formula of Attainment and examine the origins and influences which can be seen in the rules of the formula. What component is the most difficult and why?
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)