|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Collier, directs the general success or non-success of an individual per that individual's beliefs and Faith?
2. In Part IV, Chapter 10, Collier reminds the reader how the American military uses the method of playing recordings of what to soldiers just as they are falling asleep?
3. What refers to survivors in the struggle for existence, the only desires that remain after careful reflection of all desires in one's life?
4. What refers to treatment of a sick person through the supposed power of religious belief?
5. According to Collier, who is equipped with the necessary abilities to change his or her character, temperament, and habits, should they really wish to do so?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
2. What, according to Collier, is the most God-like ability man possesses?
3. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
4. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
5. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
6. What is the first component which creativity is broken down into in Part V, Chapter 17?
7. What does Collier write of the man who flees God?
8. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
9. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
10. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Albert Einstein's philosophies of the mind and imagination. Why do Collier and Einstein believe that creativity is of more importance?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Church of Scientology and the concept of Faith Healing. When and where was Faith Healing originated?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Collier's definitions of Constructive Imagination and the Definitive Purpose. What is the relationship between the two?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)