|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is nothing more and nothing less than the belief in the impossible, according to the author of Part V, Chapter 15?
2. The fifth rule of the Master Formula of Attainment is that "You may have anything you want, provided that you" what?
3. In Part IV, Chapter 10, Collier quotes from the Bible reminding the reader that God helps what?
4. Who said "Imagination is more important than knowledge"?
5. According to Collier, one's what is constantly changing, being influenced by and influencing one's surroundings and those around them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
2. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
3. What is desire the key to, according to Collier?
4. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
5. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
6. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
7. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
8. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
9. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
10. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the positive characteristics of adversity. How does Collier use environment as an example? What are other comparisons for favorable and unfavorable circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Will and Ego from the perspective of Robert Collier and Sigmund Freud. How did Freud define these human elements differently?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Definite Ideal, Concentrated Will, and Dynamic Idealization. How do the components of Creative Power embody the individual?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)