|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Collier, one's what is constantly changing, being influenced by and influencing one's surroundings and those around them?
2. What, according to Collier, directs the general success or non-success of an individual per that individual's beliefs and Faith?
3. What is the title of Part IV, Chapter 13?
4. According to Collier, in order to be successful an individual must be a careful guardian of his Mental Attitude, by incorporating ideas and behaviors that are what?
5. In Part II, Chapter 4, Collier writes that in order to be truly successful, what must be created in the audience of the speaker in order to get them to feel with emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
2. What question is foremost in peoples' minds, according to Collier?
3. How does Collier define the subconscious mind?
4. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
5. How does Collier define Positive and Negative in terms of Attitude?
6. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
7. What does Collier write of the man who flees God?
8. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
9. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
10. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Albert Einstein's philosophies of the mind and imagination. Why do Collier and Einstein believe that creativity is of more importance?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Will and Ego from the perspective of Robert Collier and Sigmund Freud. How did Freud define these human elements differently?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the process of Creative Composition and its relationship to the Subconscious Mind. How does Collier suggest one tap into one's Subconscious?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)