|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as Confident Expectation, Self-Confidence, Optimism, Expectation of Good not Evil, of Wealth not Poverty?
2. Collier's position states that the Desire Power works on what of the individual, influencing, guiding, directing him?
3. According to the author, without confident expectation that life will continue, there can be no expectation of achieving one's what?
4. The author of Part V, Chapter 15 recounts his experience in the garden of whom?
5. Who wrote the article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
2. What does Alex Osborn write about in Part V, Chapter 16?
3. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
4. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
5. What is the first component which creativity is broken down into in Part V, Chapter 17?
6. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
7. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
8. How does Collier define the subconscious mind?
9. What example does Collier use to demonstrate the Law of Ambition in Part II, Chapter 2?
10. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Collier's definitions of Constructive Imagination and the Definitive Purpose. What is the relationship between the two?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the positive characteristics of adversity. How does Collier use environment as an example? What are other comparisons for favorable and unfavorable circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Francis Thompson and the Biblical allusions in Part IV, Chapter 13. What is the theme and focus of "The Hound of Heaven"?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)