|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field of business did the author of Part V, Chapter 16 succeed?
2. In answering how to immerse oneself in a project, the author suggests that what a smart individual will do is to act as if the problem has been presented by whom?
3. According to Collier, one's what is constantly changing, being influenced by and influencing one's surroundings and those around them?
4. In Part IV, Chapter 10, Collier reminds the reader how the American military uses the method of playing recordings of what to soldiers just as they are falling asleep?
5. What uneducated men accomplished work that is still unequaled, according to Collier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
2. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
3. What is desire the key to, according to Collier?
4. What is the first secret of Collier's multi-step system, describe in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
6. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
7. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
8. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
9. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
10. How does Collier define Positive and Negative in terms of Attitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Desire Power and the subconscious mind. What is the relationship between the subconscious and conscious minds and how should one attempt to control the subconscious?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Alex Osborn, Henry Ford and Clarence Budington Kelland. How did each of these individuals succeed following methods like those the author presents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the positive characteristics of adversity. How does Collier use environment as an example? What are other comparisons for favorable and unfavorable circumstances?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)