|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third component of Creativity, according to Collier?
2. What law does Collier cite that in order for mental hunger to be manifested, it must have ideals presented to the mind's eye?
3. What term does Collier use for the process of creating a map on a large piece of paper with words and pictures detailing every last item of an individual's Dream?
4. Collier's position states that the Desire Power works on what of the individual, influencing, guiding, directing him?
5. According to Collier, true wealth is not in money but in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Collier state about Mental Attitude in Part IV, Chapter 11?
2. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
3. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
4. What example does Collier use to demonstrate the Law of Ambition in Part II, Chapter 2?
5. What does Collier write of the man who flees God?
6. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
7. What is desire the key to, according to Collier?
8. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
9. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
10. How does Collier define the subconscious mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Albert Einstein's philosophies of the mind and imagination. Why do Collier and Einstein believe that creativity is of more importance?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the process of Creative Composition and its relationship to the Subconscious Mind. How does Collier suggest one tap into one's Subconscious?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Apostles, Joan of Arc, Andrew Carnegie and other success stories cited in Part V, Chapter 14. What did each of these examples have in common?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)