|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the branch of mathematics concerned with analysis of random phenomena?
2. One example the author uses in Part IV, Chapter 10 involves a boy who is given an object his grandmother says was carried by his grandfather when?
3. Who said "Imagination is more important than knowledge"?
4. The second phase of Mental Attitude toward Financial Success is to look at what?
5. Collier defines the Two Keys to Success as Ambition and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What millionaire opportunities does Collier cite in Part VIII, Chapter 33? What must one remember?
2. What does Collier write of failure and of Faith in Part VI, Chapter 25?
3. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
4. What analogy does Collier give for forces of the All Power?
5. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
6. How does Collier define Will?
7. What is the subject of the excerpt from Pelton's The Creed of the Conquering Chief?
8. What does Collier claim of America in Part VIII, Chapter 34?
9. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
10. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Apostles, Joan of Arc, Andrew Carnegie and other success stories cited in Part V, Chapter 14. What did each of these examples have in common?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author Robert Collier, the New Thought Movement, and the overall principles and subjects within "Secret of the Ages". What was the book's success rate when it was published?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the definition of a Positive Mental Attitude and how it applies to the Formula of Success. How does Collier differentiate Positive and Negative Attitudes?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)