|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Collier, in order to be successful an individual must be a careful guardian of his Mental Attitude, by incorporating ideas and behaviors that are what?
2. According to Collier, the ability to do what, of all human abilities, is the most God-like that man possesses, the closest that man can come to Divinity?
3. What, according to Collier, directs the general success or non-success of an individual per that individual's beliefs and Faith?
4. The author whose garden is described in Part V, Chapter 15 created what famous fictional detective?
5. The article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16 was originally published by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
2. What does Alex Osborn write about in Part V, Chapter 16?
3. What does Collier write of the man who flees God?
4. What does Collier assert is a smart way to go about determining one's Ideal Desire in Part V, Chapter 19?
5. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
6. How does Collier define the subconscious mind?
7. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
8. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
9. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
10. What is the first component which creativity is broken down into in Part V, Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Apostles, Joan of Arc, Andrew Carnegie and other success stories cited in Part V, Chapter 14. What did each of these examples have in common?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Albert Einstein's philosophies of the mind and imagination. Why do Collier and Einstein believe that creativity is of more importance?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of Ideal Desire, and analyze different methods in which one may focus his/her intentions. How does imagination play into this process?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)