|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Collier, one has faith in the Law of what that if he were to step off the roof of a building that he would fall to the ground?
2. According to Collier, most individuals have many desires, and they can often what?
3. What individual does Collier describe who won a contest put on by Nautilus Magazine in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. Expounding on his theory of belief, Collier insists that everything desired can be attained provided it is what?
5. According to the author, part of the problem with the belief in imagination today is that many executives believe that creative thinking is only found where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
2. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
3. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
4. What are the elements of Collier's Master Formula of Attainment?
5. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
6. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
7. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
8. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
9. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
10. What example does Collier use to demonstrate the Law of Ambition in Part II, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the importance of Ideal Desire, and analyze different methods in which one may focus his/her intentions. How does imagination play into this process?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Collier's Master Formula of Attainment and examine the origins and influences which can be seen in the rules of the formula. What component is the most difficult and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Definite Ideal, Concentrated Will, and Dynamic Idealization. How do the components of Creative Power embody the individual?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)