|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the essay which comprises Part V, Chapter 15?
2. According to Collier, in order to be successful an individual must be a careful guardian of his Mental Attitude, by incorporating ideas and behaviors that are what?
3. Collier asserts that a more comprehensive view of Faith is that it exists because of what?
4. What, according to Collier, directs the general success or non-success of an individual per that individual's beliefs and Faith?
5. Part V, Chapter 17 was reprinted from Dun's Review and Modern Industry in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
2. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
3. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
4. What does Collier write of the man who flees God?
5. What are the elements of Collier's Master Formula of Attainment?
6. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
7. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
8. What does Alex Osborn write about in Part V, Chapter 16?
9. What does Collier state about Mental Attitude in Part IV, Chapter 11?
10. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the definition and process of Treasure Mapping. How does this process serve to help mental visualization of one's goals?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Francis Thompson and the Biblical allusions in Part IV, Chapter 13. What is the theme and focus of "The Hound of Heaven"?
Essay Topic 3
Define Creative Power, Personal Power and All Power, and discuss the theological components of Collier's philosophies. How encompassing are Collier's views on religion?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)