|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as having seen a vision of man flying like a bird in Part V, Chapter 15?
2. Expounding on his theory of belief, Collier insists that everything desired can be attained provided it is what?
3. In answering how to immerse oneself in a project, the author suggests that what a smart individual will do is to act as if he will be offered a bonus of how much?
4. What refers to power from which everything derives power, called God, the Supreme Being, Goodness, I AM, according to Collier?
5. What term does Collier use for the process of creating a map on a large piece of paper with words and pictures detailing every last item of an individual's Dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Collier, is the most God-like ability man possesses?
2. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
3. What is desire the key to, according to Collier?
4. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
5. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
6. What does Collier write of the man who flees God?
7. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
8. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
9. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
10. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Robert Collier's definition of Faith and how it applies to the Formula of Success. What is the Formula of Success?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Desire Power and the subconscious mind. What is the relationship between the subconscious and conscious minds and how should one attempt to control the subconscious?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Selwyn James' interpretation of Imagination. Do you agree with his assertion? Why or why not?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)