|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Collier cite that in order for mental hunger to be manifested, it must have ideals presented to the mind's eye?
2. Who said "Imagination is more important than knowledge"?
3. What is defined as that including but not limited to Fear, Worry, Lack of Confidence?
4. In Part IV, Chapter 10, Collier reminds the reader how the American military uses the method of playing recordings of what to soldiers just as they are falling asleep?
5. What is a strong will aroused by a strong desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
2. What question is foremost in peoples' minds, according to Collier?
3. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
4. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
5. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
6. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
7. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
8. What is the first secret of Collier's multi-step system, describe in Part I, Chapter 1?
9. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
10. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Albert Einstein's philosophies of the mind and imagination. Why do Collier and Einstein believe that creativity is of more importance?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Will and Ego from the perspective of Robert Collier and Sigmund Freud. How did Freud define these human elements differently?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Church of Scientology and the concept of Faith Healing. When and where was Faith Healing originated?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)