|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as Confident Expectation, Self-Confidence, Optimism, Expectation of Good not Evil, of Wealth not Poverty?
2. Collier defines the Two Keys to Success as Ambition and what?
3. What refers to the absence of any cause of events that can be predicted, understood, or controlled?
4. In what field of business did the author of Part V, Chapter 16 succeed?
5. What is defined as that including but not limited to Fear, Worry, Lack of Confidence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
2. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
3. How does Collier define Positive and Negative in terms of Attitude?
4. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
5. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
6. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
7. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
8. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
9. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
10. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author Robert Collier, the New Thought Movement, and the overall principles and subjects within "Secret of the Ages". What was the book's success rate when it was published?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Selwyn James' interpretation of Imagination. Do you agree with his assertion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Alex Osborn, Henry Ford and Clarence Budington Kelland. How did each of these individuals succeed following methods like those the author presents?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)