|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, without confident expectation that life will continue, there can be no expectation of achieving one's what?
2. What refers to power from which everything derives power, called God, the Supreme Being, Goodness, I AM, according to Collier?
3. In answering how to immerse oneself in a project, the author suggests that what a smart individual will do is to act as if the problem has been presented by whom?
4. Collier defines the Two Keys to Success as Ambition and what?
5. In Part IV, Chapter 10, Collier reminds the reader how the American military uses the method of playing recordings of what to soldiers just as they are falling asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
2. How does Collier define the subconscious mind?
3. What does Alex Osborn write about in Part V, Chapter 16?
4. What does Collier assert is a smart way to go about determining one's Ideal Desire in Part V, Chapter 19?
5. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
6. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
7. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
8. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
9. What are the elements of Collier's Master Formula of Attainment?
10. What is Treasure Mapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Collier's definitions of Ambition and Desire. How are the two related?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the positive characteristics of adversity. How does Collier use environment as an example? What are other comparisons for favorable and unfavorable circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author Robert Collier, the New Thought Movement, and the overall principles and subjects within "Secret of the Ages". What was the book's success rate when it was published?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)