|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 13, Collier tells the individual that he is not material, but is ____ and that as such he or she is in complete control of Life, Consciousness, and Will.
2. How old was the author of Part V, Chapter 15 when he writes of learning the gift in the garden of an author?
3. How many secrets does Collier put forth, claiming that they will completely change the life of the individual who takes his words to heart and makes a concentrated effort to apply his principles in the book?
4. According to Collier, true wealth is not in money but in what?
5. What, according to Collier, directs the general success or non-success of an individual per that individual's beliefs and Faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first secret of Collier's multi-step system, describe in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
3. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
4. How does Collier define the subconscious mind?
5. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
6. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
7. What does Alex Osborn write about in Part V, Chapter 16?
8. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
9. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
10. How does Collier define Positive and Negative in terms of Attitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Collier's definitions of Constructive Imagination and the Definitive Purpose. What is the relationship between the two?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the definition and process of Treasure Mapping. How does this process serve to help mental visualization of one's goals?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of Ideal Desire, and analyze different methods in which one may focus his/her intentions. How does imagination play into this process?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)