|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by the absence of cause of events that can be predicted?
2. In Part IV, Chapter 13, Collier tells the individual that he is not material, but is ____ and that as such he or she is in complete control of Life, Consciousness, and Will.
3. What poem by Francis Thompson is cited in Part IV, Chapter 13?
4. According to Collier, who is equipped with the necessary abilities to change his or her character, temperament, and habits, should they really wish to do so?
5. What law does Collier cite that in order for mental hunger to be manifested, it must have ideals presented to the mind's eye?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
2. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
3. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
4. What question is foremost in peoples' minds, according to Collier?
5. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
6. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
7. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
8. How does Collier define Positive and Negative in terms of Attitude?
9. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
10. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the definition and process of Treasure Mapping. How does this process serve to help mental visualization of one's goals?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Francis Thompson and the Biblical allusions in Part IV, Chapter 13. What is the theme and focus of "The Hound of Heaven"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Albert Einstein's philosophies of the mind and imagination. Why do Collier and Einstein believe that creativity is of more importance?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)