|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Collier cites what verse from the Bible regarding Faith in Part IV, Chapter 13?
2. According to Collier, true wealth is not in money but in what?
3. What is the first component of Creativity, according to Collier?
4. What is nothing more and nothing less than the belief in the impossible, according to the author of Part V, Chapter 15?
5. What refers to survivors in the struggle for existence, the only desires that remain after careful reflection of all desires in one's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
2. What are the elements of Collier's Master Formula of Attainment?
3. What question is foremost in peoples' minds, according to Collier?
4. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
5. What does Alex Osborn write about in Part V, Chapter 16?
6. What is the first secret of Collier's multi-step system, describe in Part I, Chapter 1?
7. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
8. What is the first component which creativity is broken down into in Part V, Chapter 17?
9. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
10. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the definition of a Positive Mental Attitude and how it applies to the Formula of Success. How does Collier differentiate Positive and Negative Attitudes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the positive characteristics of adversity. How does Collier use environment as an example? What are other comparisons for favorable and unfavorable circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Collier's definitions of Ambition and Desire. How are the two related?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)