|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 10, Collier quotes from the Bible reminding the reader that God helps what?
2. The General Rule is constituted of how many steps?
3. What is the part of the mind that is all-wise, all-powerful, and also called the Higher Self within man?
4. When was "Secret of the Ages" published?
5. What, according to Collier, directs the general success or non-success of an individual per that individual's beliefs and Faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
2. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
3. How does Collier compare those who live in favorable versus unfavorable environments?
4. How did Albert Lewis Pelton achieve success?
5. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
6. Who was Lord George Germain? What was he ordered to do in Part VI, Chapter 26?
7. What does Collier assert man gains from connection with God?
8. What is Treasure Mapping?
9. What is man's Creative Power comprised of?
10. How is Albert Lewis Pelton described in his beginnings in Part VIII, Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author Robert Collier, the New Thought Movement, and the overall principles and subjects within "Secret of the Ages". What was the book's success rate when it was published?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Desire Power and the subconscious mind. What is the relationship between the subconscious and conscious minds and how should one attempt to control the subconscious?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Robert Collier's definition of Faith and how it applies to the Formula of Success. What is the Formula of Success?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)