|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as having seen a vision of man flying like a bird in Part V, Chapter 15?
2. What refers to survivors in the struggle for existence, the only desires that remain after careful reflection of all desires in one's life?
3. According to the author, the question foremost in the minds of most men and women is the one querying how a person can what?
4. What term does Collier use for the process of creating a map on a large piece of paper with words and pictures detailing every last item of an individual's Dream?
5. How many secrets does Collier put forth, claiming that they will completely change the life of the individual who takes his words to heart and makes a concentrated effort to apply his principles in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
2. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
3. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
4. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
5. What does Collier write of the man who flees God?
6. What is Treasure Mapping?
7. What does Collier state about Mental Attitude in Part IV, Chapter 11?
8. What is desire the key to, according to Collier?
9. What is the General Rule? What is its first step?
10. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the positive characteristics of adversity. How does Collier use environment as an example? What are other comparisons for favorable and unfavorable circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Robert Collier's definition of Faith and how it applies to the Formula of Success. What is the Formula of Success?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Collier's definitions of Constructive Imagination and the Definitive Purpose. What is the relationship between the two?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)