|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did Albert Lewis Pelton develop which made him rich?
(a) Refining gasoline.
(b) Building ships.
(c) Typewriter manufacturing.
(d) Mail-order books.
2. Who was the British Secretary of State of the American colonies?
(a) Lord Steven Holligsworth.
(b) Lord Harvey Buckingham.
(c) Lord George Germain.
(d) Lord Fredrick Smith.
3. Regarding the question about eliminating doubts and fear, Collier responds that such negative emotions use what?
(a) A great deal of energy.
(b) Positive reserves.
(c) Desire Power.
(d) Too much brain power.
4. In Part VI, Chapter 25, Collier notes that who made a habit of thanking God ahead of time and praised God even when he was in trouble?
5. The fifth step of the Master Formula of Attainment is to establish what?
(a) Persistent Determination.
(b) Definite Ideals.
(c) Balanced Compensation.
(d) Confident Expectation.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Collier, the Will presents itself usually out of what?
2. What is the title of the Appendix of the book?
3. From what magazine is the article "How to Become a Millionaire" which is excerpted in the text?
4. What refers to that concerned with abstract thought or subjects, as existence, causality, or truth?
5. What does the MRA stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the last three of Pelton's Seven Essential Points for Success?
2. What are the first four of Pelton's Seven Essential Points for Success?
3. What millionaire opportunities does Collier cite in Part VIII, Chapter 33? What must one remember?
4. What does Collier write in response to questions of doubts and fear in Part VII, Chapter 28?
5. What does Collier write of failure and of Faith in Part VI, Chapter 25?
6. How is Albert Lewis Pelton described in his beginnings in Part VIII, Chapter 29?
7. What analogy does Collier give for forces of the All Power?
8. What is man's Creative Power comprised of?
9. Who was Lord George Germain? What was he ordered to do in Part VI, Chapter 26?
10. What does Collier propose for those facing creative blocks in Part VII, Chapter 28?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)