|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Collier, one has faith in the Law of what that if he were to step off the roof of a building that he would fall to the ground?
(d) Personal injury.
2. Expounding on his theory of belief, Collier insists that everything desired can be attained provided it is what?
(a) Physically attainable.
(b) Consciously attainable.
(c) Others want it for you.
(d) Earnestly desired.
3. According to Collier, most individuals have many desires, and they can often what?
(a) Develop into cancerous thoughts.
(b) Conflict with one another.
(c) Develop into a single desire.
(d) Build a web of ambition.
4. Who wrote the essay which comprises Part V, Chapter 15?
(b) Robert Collier.
(c) Selwyn James.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
5. What refers to the strongest and most persistent desires of an individual tend to attract to him (or her) that which is closely related to or correlated with those desires?
(a) Desire Power.
(c) Desire Strength.
(d) The Big Desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What uneducated men accomplished work that is still unequaled, according to Collier?
2. According to the author, the question foremost in the minds of most men and women is the one querying how a person can what?
3. In answering how to immerse oneself in a project, the author suggests that what a smart individual will do is to act as if he will be offered a bonus of how much?
4. According to Collier, Constructive Imagination is the quality found in the _____ of the human species desiring to survive.
5. What is the third component of Creativity, according to Collier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
2. What is Treasure Mapping?
3. How does Collier define the subconscious mind?
4. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
5. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
6. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
7. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
8. What example does Collier use to demonstrate the Law of Ambition in Part II, Chapter 2?
9. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
10. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)