|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 2, Desire is compared to the nature of fire that burns where?
(a) In space.
(b) In the rainforest.
(c) Beneath water.
(d) In a vacuum.
2. The author of Part V, Chapter 15 recounts his experience in the garden of whom?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Leonardo Da Vinci.
(d) The Queen of England.
3. What poem by Francis Thompson is cited in Part IV, Chapter 13?
(a) "The Kingdom of God."
(b) "At the Lord's Table."
(c) "The Hound of Heaven."
(d) "On Health and Holiness."
4. Who said "Imagination is more important than knowledge"?
(a) Sir Isaac Newton.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) John D. Rockefeller.
(d) Henry Ford.
5. What is nothing more and nothing less than the belief in the impossible, according to the author of Part V, Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the essay which comprises Part V, Chapter 15?
2. Whose only truly great idea was to create a car that was affordable for the common man?
3. The article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16 was originally published when?
4. The General Rule is constituted of how many steps?
5. What is a strong will aroused by a strong desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is foremost in peoples' minds, according to Collier?
2. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
3. What does Collier assert is a smart way to go about determining one's Ideal Desire in Part V, Chapter 19?
4. What does Alex Osborn write about in Part V, Chapter 16?
5. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
6. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
7. What does Collier state about Mental Attitude in Part IV, Chapter 11?
8. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
9. What great entrepreneurs and thinkers are described in Part V, Chapter 16?
10. What are the elements of Collier's Master Formula of Attainment?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)