|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Collier, an individual should be no different whether working for a huge bonus from someone else, or working for themselves toward their what?
(a) Ideal Desire.
(b) Personal Fortune.
(c) Life Goal.
(d) Ultimate Ambition.
2. How many secrets does Collier put forth, claiming that they will completely change the life of the individual who takes his words to heart and makes a concentrated effort to apply his principles in the book?
3. The first rule of the Master Formula of Attainment is that "You may have anything you want, provided that you" what?
(a) Are willing to pay the price of its attainment.
(b) Confidently expect to attain it.
(c) Know exactly what you want.
(d) Want it hard enough.
4. Collier writes in Part III, Chapter 8 that stored in every person is that great reserve of ____ that is a secret from its owner.
5. What is the first component of Creativity, according to Collier?
(a) Flexibility in the approach to solving the problem.
(b) To delay in making rash judgment.
(c) The ability to sense and know that a problem exists.
(d) To consider any and all possible solutions to the problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Collier, one has faith in the Law of what that if he were to step off the roof of a building that he would fall to the ground?
2. Who wrote the essay which comprises Part V, Chapter 15?
3. What refers to a spiritual movement which developed in the United States during the late 19th century and emphasizes metaphysical beliefs concerning the effects of positive thinking, the law of attraction, healing, life force, creative visualization, and personal power?
4. According to Collier, one's what is constantly changing, being influenced by and influencing one's surroundings and those around them?
5. What is the branch of mathematics concerned with analysis of random phenomena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Collier quote from the Bible about desire in Part IV, Chapter 10?
2. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
3. What is desire the key to, according to Collier?
4. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
5. What question is foremost in peoples' minds, according to Collier?
6. How does Collier define Positive and Negative in terms of Attitude?
7. What great men does Selwyn James describe in Part V, Chapter 15?
8. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
9. What does Collier assert is a smart way to go about determining one's Ideal Desire in Part V, Chapter 19?
10. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)