|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16 was originally published when?
2. What refers to power from which everything derives power, called God, the Supreme Being, Goodness, I AM, according to Collier?
(a) All Power.
(b) Main Power.
(c) Big Power.
(d) Super Power.
3. What is the first component of Creativity, according to Collier?
(a) The ability to sense and know that a problem exists.
(b) To delay in making rash judgment.
(c) Flexibility in the approach to solving the problem.
(d) To consider any and all possible solutions to the problem.
4. According to Collier, few people actually know what?
(a) Why they want something.
(b) Who can give them what they want.
(c) Exactly what they want.
(d) How to get what they want.
5. According to Collier, the strong desire inside each individual is responsible for that person's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the question foremost in the minds of most men and women is the one querying how a person can what?
2. What term does Collier use for the process of creating a map on a large piece of paper with words and pictures detailing every last item of an individual's Dream?
3. What refers to survivors in the struggle for existence, the only desires that remain after careful reflection of all desires in one's life?
4. One example the author uses in Part IV, Chapter 10 involves a boy who is given an object his grandmother says was carried by his grandfather when?
5. Who wrote the article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Collier assert is a smart way to go about determining one's Ideal Desire in Part V, Chapter 19?
2. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
3. What is Collier's position about man's ability to fulfill his dreams?
4. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
5. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
6. What question is foremost in peoples' minds, according to Collier?
7. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
8. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
9. What example does Collier use to demonstrate the Law of Ambition in Part II, Chapter 2?
10. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)