|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Collier, the strong desire inside each individual is responsible for that person's what?
2. How old was the author of Part V, Chapter 15 when he writes of learning the gift in the garden of an author?
3. According to the author, the question foremost in the minds of most men and women is the one querying how a person can what?
(a) Choose their destiny.
(b) Become wealthier.
(c) Find their true love.
(d) Better his position in life.
4. Who was already a millionaire before he actually hired someone to give him the education he felt he needed?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) John D. Rockefeller.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. What refers to power from which everything derives power, called God, the Supreme Being, Goodness, I AM, according to Collier?
(a) Super Power.
(b) Main Power.
(c) Big Power.
(d) All Power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Collier writes in Part III, Chapter 8 that stored in every person is that great reserve of ____ that is a secret from its owner.
2. Collier defines the Two Keys to Success as Ambition and what?
3. What refers to the strongest and most persistent desires of an individual tend to attract to him (or her) that which is closely related to or correlated with those desires?
4. Collier's position states that the Desire Power works on what of the individual, influencing, guiding, directing him?
5. In Part III, Chapter 8, Collier compares the energies and resources within man to the abundant law of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does Collier use to demonstrate the Law of Ambition in Part II, Chapter 2?
2. What obstacles does one face in finding one's desires, according to Collier?
3. What does Collier assert is a smart way to go about determining one's Ideal Desire in Part V, Chapter 19?
4. What elements of Christian Science does Collier promote?
5. How does desire differentiate between employees and individuals, according to Collier?
6. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
7. How does Collier describe the qualities of Constructive Imagination in Part V, Chapter 18?
8. What is the first component which creativity is broken down into in Part V, Chapter 17?
9. How does Constructive Imagination aid in mapping out projects?
10. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)