|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third rule of the Master Formula of Attainment is that "You may have anything you want, provided that you" what?
(a) Persistently determine to obtain it.
(b) Confidently expect to attain it.
(c) Know exactly what you want.
(d) Think about it.
2. According to Coller, the Law of the Universe is the Law of what?
3. In what field of business did the author of Part V, Chapter 16 succeed?
4. According to Collier, the ability to do what, of all human abilities, is the most God-like that man possesses, the closest that man can come to Divinity?
5. The article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16 was originally published when?
Short Answer Questions
1. The fourth rule of the Master Formula of Attainment is that "You may have anything you want, provided that you" what?
2. In Part II, Chapter 4, Collier writes that in order to be truly successful, what must be created in the audience of the speaker in order to get them to feel with emotion?
3. The author whose garden is described in Part V, Chapter 15 created what famous fictional detective?
4. What law states that in order for mental hunger to be manifested it must have ideals presented to the mind's eye?
5. What does Collier refer to as the Supreme Presence Power as well as Good, as God, as Divinity.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Collier define Faith? What is its importance?
2. How does Collier define Positive and Negative in terms of Attitude?
3. What is the first secret of Collier's multi-step system, describe in Part I, Chapter 1?
4. What does Collier state about Mental Attitude in Part IV, Chapter 11?
5. What does the article from Dun's Review and Modern Industry say of imagination in Part V, Chapter 17?
6. What does Collier assert is a smart way to go about determining one's Ideal Desire in Part V, Chapter 19?
7. What is described in the beginning of Selvyn James' article in Part V, Chapter 15?
8. How does Collier define God in his philosophy?
9. Collier cites an example of Annie, a poverty stricken girl who is delighted to find a job as an errand girl for a fashionable Fifth Avenue dress shop in Part III, Chapter 9. What does Annie do to achieve her goals?
10. What metaphor does Collier use to describe desire in Part II, Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)