|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The result of Jack London's formula for "storiettes" resulted in how many stock forms?
2. What is Point Two of Pelton's Seven Essential Points for Success?
(a) Always try to improve.
(b) Belief in the power of an idea.
(c) Accepting risk is necessary.
(d) Plot to win.
3. According to Collier, in the act of being Creative, man participates in what?
(a) All Power.
(b) Desire Power
(c) Supreme Power.
(d) Power of Faith.
4. Collier writes that by invoking the power of God daily, men will what?
(b) Become Christ-like.
(c) Make many friends.
5. What religious quote does Collier showcase in Part VI, Chapter 25?
(a) "She Who Kneels Before God Can Stand Before Anyone."
(b) "Be still and know that I AM God."
(c) "Your talent is Gods gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God."
(d) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
6. What is Point Five of Pelton's Seven Essential Points for Success?
(a) Don't waste time.
(b) Accepting risk is necessary.
(c) A strong will is mandatory for success.
(d) Always try to improve.
7. Collier tells the reader not only to praise God, but to praise him when?
(a) In times of poor health.
(b) Ahead of time.
(c) Every Sunday.
(d) After favorable occurences.
8. According to the author, most instances of a lack of Will are due to the Will having what?
(a) Been too strong.
(b) Having shifted.
(c) Been crushed.
(d) Lain dormant though lack of use.
9. Pelton supports Collier's theory that the _______ is the source of unlimited thought and ideas and he who learns to harness that power is a Genius.
10. In Part VI, Chapter 25, Collier notes that who made a habit of thanking God ahead of time and praised God even when he was in trouble?
11. What refers to that concerned with abstract thought or subjects, as existence, causality, or truth?
(a) Superconscious Mind.
(b) Universal Mind.
12. Will is the expression of what in man, according to Collier?
13. The fifth step of the Master Formula of Attainment is to establish what?
(a) Persistent Determination.
(b) Balanced Compensation.
(c) Definite Ideals.
(d) Confident Expectation.
14. The final example Collier gives in Part VIII, Chapter 34 is of a young couple who purchase what?
(a) A small run-down house.
(b) Several horses.
(c) A car dealership.
(d) An old boat.
15. What harsh, inhospitable climate does Collier use as an example in Part VI, Chapter 24?
(c) New England.
(d) The Yukon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Collier states that some residents of tropical countries where the climate is temperate with no great need of clothing to protect one from the elements often lack what?
2. When was The Creed of the Conquering Chief published by Albert Lewis Pelton?
3. From what book is the excerpt which comprises Part VIII, Chapter 30?
4. According to Albert Lewis Pelton, Genius is the highest form of creation, and ultimately it is Mind Power turned into what?
5. What is the title of Part VIII, Chapter 33?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)