|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The General Rule is constituted of how many steps?
2. What is a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by the absence of cause of events that can be predicted?
3. Who was just a poor peasant girl and yet she was able to save the entire country of France?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Joan of Arc.
(c) Madame de Stael.
(d) Marguerite Duras.
4. Whose only truly great idea was to create a car that was affordable for the common man?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Karl Benz.
(c) Christian Koenigsegg.
(d) John Chrysler.
5. When did Robert Collier die?
6. According to the author, the most important component of the Formula of Success is what?
7. What does Collier refer to as the Supreme Presence Power as well as Good, as God, as Divinity.?
(a) I MIGHT.
(b) I AM.
(c) I WILL.
(d) I SHOULD.
8. The article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16 was originally published when?
9. Collier's position states that the Desire Power works on what of the individual, influencing, guiding, directing him?
(a) Superconscious Mind.
(b) Universal Mind.
(c) Subconscious Mind.
(d) Conscious Mind.
10. When was "Secret of the Ages" published?
11. According to the author, part of the problem with the belief in imagination today is that many executives believe that creative thinking is only found where?
(b) In the realm of the artistic.
(c) The military sector.
(d) In young people.
12. What individual does Collier describe who won a contest put on by Nautilus Magazine in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Wilma Rogers.
(b) Caroline Drake.
(c) Cassandra Smith.
(d) Jennifer Mitchell.
13. Who is described as having seen a vision of man flying like a bird in Part V, Chapter 15?
(a) Leonardo da Vinci.
(b) Pope Benedict XIII.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Sir Isaac Newton.
14. What refers to treatment of a sick person through the supposed power of religious belief?
(a) Religious health.
(b) Medical Scripture.
(c) Faith Healing.
(d) Medical Faith.
15. Collier writes in Part III, Chapter 8 that stored in every person is that great reserve of ____ that is a secret from its owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 10, Collier quotes from the Bible reminding the reader that God helps what?
2. The General Rule first asks the individual to develop a clear idea of his what?
3. Who wrote the article that comprises Part V, Chapter 16?
4. Part V, Chapter 17 was reprinted from Dun's Review and Modern Industry in what year?
5. According to Collier, the strong desire inside each individual is responsible for that person's what?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)