|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VIII, Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Collier writes that it has been proven over and over that intelligence can be increased and improved by what?
(a) Doing crossword puzzles.
(b) Exercising the brain.
(c) Getting a proper amount of sleep.
(d) Reading books.
2. The third step of the Master Formula of Attainment is to establish what?
(a) Definite Ideals.
(b) Insistent Desire.
(c) Persistent Determination.
(d) Confident Expectation.
3. Collier writes that the difference between success and failure can be measured by what?
(a) An individual's belief in himself.
(b) Someone's faith.
(c) Missed opportunities.
(d) Dollars and cents.
4. What metaphor does Collier use in Part V, Chapter 21 that has been known, over time, to crack and displace heavy concrete rock?
(c) Running water.
(d) Tree roots.
5. What is the branch of mathematics concerned with analysis of random phenomena?
(b) Phenominal algebra.
(d) Probability theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Collier, true wealth is not in money but in what?
2. What is nothing more and nothing less than the belief in the impossible, according to the author of Part V, Chapter 15?
3. The General Rule first asks the individual to develop a clear idea of his what?
4. What business did Albert Lewis Pelton develop which made him rich?
5. What refers to the strongest and most persistent desires of an individual tend to attract to him (or her) that which is closely related to or correlated with those desires?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)