|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Callia?
(a) Skinny and tall.
(b) Plump and dimwitted.
(d) Younger than Arcadia.
2. How does Arcadia convince Palver to travel to the Foundation with goods?
(a) She tells him smugglers would make a lot of money on the trip.
(b) Seduces him.
(c) Bribes him with her jewelry.
(d) Threatens him with her father's power.
3. How does Callia leave her private chambers, departing from Arcadia?
(b) Slowly walking away.
(c) Hysterically crying.
(d) Arms across her face, running.
4. Why does Dr. Darell tell Seimic not to tell anyone else of their plans in 16-18?
(a) So as not to implicate anyone else.
(b) Because he is nervous.
(c) Because Arcadia is in danger.
(d) So that no one can ruin his plan.
5. After departing from Callia, what does Arcadia realize as she leaves for the Spaceport?
(a) Her father is a spy.
(b) She knows the location of the Second Foundation.
(c) She is in love with Anthor.
(d) She has left Homir behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Stettin say there is an opportunity for him to build the groundwork for a new empire?
2. What reason does Stettin give for Homir not to enter the Mule's palace?
3. With whom did Arcadia leave as recounted by the Lieutenant?
4. What secret does Anthor reveal about the Lieutenant?
5. Who is Stettin talking to when first introduced in 10-12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anthor upset that Arcadia has disappeared?
2. How does Arcadia convince Palver to go to the Foundation and deliver a message for her?
3. What does Callia do for Arcadia in her private chamber? What does Arcadia see as Callia flees the room?
4. How does Callia convince Stettin to allow herself, Arcadia and Homir into the Mule's palace?
5. Why do Merius and Stettin seek the help of Homir at the end of 10-12?
6. Where does Arcadia hide while about Homir's ship? Why does she decide to come out of her hiding spot?
7. How does Poli know that Arcadia has disappeared in 10-12? What is Dr. Darell's reaction?
8. What secret does Anthor reveal about the Lieutenant Dirige to Dr. Darell?
9. What are Stettin's reasonings for going to war that he describes to Merius?
10. What is Dr. Darell thinking about at the beginning of 16-18? Why does he decide to stay in his current course of action?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)