|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 13-15, what relationship does Stettin want with Arcadia?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A member of his coucil.
(d) A slave for Callia.
2. Why would it be suspicious for Homir to turn around to drop Arcadia off at home?
(a) He would lose a lot of money on the journey.
(b) Because he is older than Arcadia.
(c) He would be turning away very close to his destination.
(d) Because the Mule would read Homir's mind.
3. What question does Homir ask Arcadia when he recognizes her in 10-12?
(a) Where is her father?
(b) Where is Anthor?
(c) Why is she spying on him?
(d) What in space is she doing?
4. Why does Lord Stettin say there is an opportunity for him to build the groundwork for a new empire?
(a) A fortuneteller told him so.
(b) Because the Mule disrupted the Seldon Plan.
(c) Because Melius is very wealthy.
(d) Because his is a genius.
5. At the end of 13-15, why does Arcadia believe that the Lieutenant let her go on purpose?
(a) He knew Momma from his youth.
(b) A Lieutenant would never accept a bribe.
(c) He was unable to read her papers.
(d) He thought she was beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Arcadia upset at herself toward the end of 13-15?
2. In the beginning of 13-15, what does Arcadia try to manipulate Callia to do?
3. Arcadia tells Callia that there are rumors about Kalgan becoming an empire, but the only possible way is for what to happen?
4. How does Dr. Darell react to Arcadia's note?
5. In 13-15, what are Arcadia's emotions about visiting Callia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 10-12, how does Arcadia persuade Homir not to turn around to drop her off at home?
2. What is appealing to Stettin about Arcadia's heritage? What does Stettin want Arcadia to become for him?
3. How does Arcadia convince Palver to go to the Foundation and deliver a message for her?
4. How has Kalgan changed since the Mule's death?
5. What does Callia do for Arcadia in her private chamber? What does Arcadia see as Callia flees the room?
6. Why is Dr. Darell caught in a no-win situation in 16-18?
7. What are Stettin's reasonings for going to war that he describes to Merius?
8. Why is Anthor upset that Arcadia has disappeared?
9. In 16-18, what does Dr. Darell want from Seimic? What is Seimic's response?
10. What two orders does Stettin send out after Callia manipulates him into thinking he has a chance to start an empire?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)