|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Darell react to Arcadia's note?
(a) He starts to cry and is afraid.
(b) He laughs and thinks it is a joke.
(c) He is calm and thinks Arcadia is mature.
(d) He is upset and emotional.
2. In the beginning of 13-15, what does Arcadia try to manipulate Callia to do?
(a) Kill Homir in his sleep.
(b) Help her get back to her home.
(c) Give her candy.
(d) Coax Stettin to allow Homir access.
3. How does Callia leave her private chambers, departing from Arcadia?
(a) Slowly walking away.
(b) Arms across her face, running.
(d) Hysterically crying.
4. Why is Arcadia upset at herself toward the end of 13-15?
(a) She lied to her friend.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She has never not had money in her life.
(d) She has been made to look like a little girl.
5. Why do Stettin's men want to fight in 10-12?
(a) They have been inactive for too long.
(b) They strongly hate the enemies.
(c) They want glory for their families.
(d) They want money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callia say about how Stettin feels about the Mule's palace?
2. In 10-12, why will Homir's motives in going to Kalgan be less suspicious?
3. What form of message does Homir receive from Dr. Darell?
4. What does Dr. Darell decide to do after learning that his daughter is safe?
5. What information does Arcadia overhear Palver telling Momma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Darell soothe Anthor's worries about Arcadia's disappearance?
2. What secret does Anthor reveal about the Lieutenant Dirige to Dr. Darell?
3. How has Kalgan changed since the Mule's death?
4. How does Poli know that Arcadia has disappeared in 10-12? What is Dr. Darell's reaction?
5. Where does Arcadia hide while about Homir's ship? Why does she decide to come out of her hiding spot?
6. Why is Anthor upset that Arcadia has disappeared?
7. Why do Merius and Stettin seek the help of Homir at the end of 10-12?
8. Why is Arcadia so excited to meet Lady Callia?
9. In 16-18, what does Dr. Darell want from Seimic? What is Seimic's response?
10. How does Arcadia convince Palver to go to the Foundation and deliver a message for her?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)