|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Stettin give for Homir not to enter the Mule's palace?
(a) The Kalgan population will not like it.
(b) There is a curse upon the location.
(c) Arcadia is not old enough to enter.
(d) Callia will get frightened.
2. With whom does Arcadia settle while on Trantor?
(a) Her father.
(b) The Rossem elders.
(c) Momma and Preem Palver.
(d) Anthor's family.
3. When did Dr. Darell first realize the extent of the Second Foundation's control?
(a) After his wife died five years prior.
(b) After the birth of Arcadia.
(c) When he was a child.
(d) By doing brain scans on people.
4. At the start of 16-18, what is the only thing that Dr. Darell can think about?
(a) The safety of his daughter.
(b) Defeating the Foundation.
(c) His work at the university.
(d) Arcadia's wedding.
5. How does Callia leave her private chambers, departing from Arcadia?
(a) Slowly walking away.
(b) Arms across her face, running.
(c) Hysterically crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Arcadia upset at herself toward the end of 13-15?
2. What does Callia say about how Stettin feels about the Mule's palace?
3. Why do Stettin's men want to fight in 10-12?
4. At the end of 13-15, why does Arcadia believe that the Lieutenant let her go on purpose?
5. What does Dr. Darell decide to do after learning that his daughter is safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Imperial Library an important place to Arcadia?
2. What is Dr. Darell thinking about at the beginning of 16-18? Why does he decide to stay in his current course of action?
3. Why does Anthor try to convice Dr. Darell to go to Trantor?
4. Why does Dr. Darell think that his daughter is dead?
5. What secret does Anthor reveal about the Lieutenant Dirige to Dr. Darell?
6. How does Arcadia escape from being discovered after she is announced as a wanted fugitive?
7. Why do Merius and Stettin seek the help of Homir at the end of 10-12?
8. What is Callia's explanation for why no one is allowed to enter into the Mule's palace? Has Stettin entered the palace according to Callia?
9. What are Stettin's reasonings for going to war that he describes to Merius?
10. Where does Arcadia hide while about Homir's ship? Why does she decide to come out of her hiding spot?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)