|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Pritchard grow fearful in 4-6?
(a) After Channis hits him.
(b) After seeing his wife.
(c) As the Tazender governor approaches in his car.
(d) Upon meeting the Rossem elders.
2. Who is the Mule's general?
(b) Dr. Darell.
(d) The First Speaker.
3. Channis says in 1-3 that in order to find the Second Foundation, they must search for a world strong in mental power but lacking in what?
(a) A powerful army.
(c) Physical science.
4. What is Arcadia's reaction when the mysterious man wants to come inside her home?
(a) She calls for her father.
(b) She hits the man.
(c) She tells him she is not that type of girl.
(d) She lets him in right away.
5. What is the reason behind the Mule's power?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He can condition and control minds.
(c) He has a lot of money.
(d) He was born a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Mule choose Channis to help find the Second Foundation?
2. How many years later does section 7-9 take place after section 4-6?
3. How does Pritchard claim he knows his mind has not been reconditioned since arriving on Rossem?
4. Pritchard describes the people of Rossem in what way?
5. Channis tells Pritchard that Tazenda is the Second Foundation because Rossem views Tazenda how?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pritchard pull a gun on Channis? What are his reasons for accusing Channis of this crime?
2. What reasons does the Mule give for believing that the Second Foundation was not on Tazenda judging by Channis' reactions?
3. What is Arcadia's reaction when she sees the man at her window?
4. Who is the leader of the Galaxy and how did this leader rise to power?
5. During the confrontation on Rossem, in what trap does Channis catch the Mule?
6. What are Channis' reasons for telling Pritchard that his mind has been tampered with by the Second Foundation in 4-6? Why would the Second Foundation leave Pritchard's feeling of loyalty?
7. Why does Dr. Darell scold Arcadia when he enters her room at the beginning of 7-9?
8. In 7-9, what reasons does Arcadia give that she has knowledge that her father is expecting a visitor?
9. How does the Mule admit defeat? What happens after the Mule's defeat?
10. How does the opening of "Second Foundation" help the reader understand events that have occurred earlier in the trilogy?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)