|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Channis states that he does not fear what in 1-3?
(a) The Mule or the Second Foundation.
(b) The Foundation.
(c) His wife.
(d) His subjects.
2. What question does Anthor ask Dr. Darell while descending the stairs in 7-9?
(a) Why does Dr. Darell have a daughter?
(b) Which way to City Hall?
(c) Has Arcadia ever mentioned marriage?
(d) How old is Arcadia?
3. What does Pritchard say the Second Foundation needs when confronting Channis?
(a) Nuclear weapons.
(b) Coal deposits.
(c) A larger army.
4. Pritcher was originally part of what organization?
(a) The Alliance.
(b) The Second Foundation.
(c) The Urban Rebellion.
(d) The Foundation.
5. What reason does Anthor give for visiting Arcadia's house?
(a) He is robbing the house.
(b) He needs to speak with her father.
(c) He used to live there.
(d) He is in love with Arcadia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arcadia friend build for her?
2. At the start of the book, who is the leader of the galaxy?
3. Why does Arcadia tell her father she was being rude to Anthor?
4. How does the Mule react when he learns he has been outwitted?
5. What does the narrator describe a hyper relay device as allowing outside sources to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dr. Darell and Anthor do for the week after Anthor's arrival? How does this help with Anthor's disguise?
2. What reasons does the Mule give for believing that the Second Foundation was not on Tazenda judging by Channis' reactions?
3. What is the Mule's motivations for finding the Second Foundation? How close has he come to this discovery?
4. In 1-3, what reason does the Mule give Channis about his assurance that the mythical Second Foundation really exists?
5. In 7-9, what reasons does Arcadia give that she has knowledge that her father is expecting a visitor?
6. In 4-6, how does the Mule know that Channis is a Second Foundationer?
7. Why does the Mule choose Channis to accompany Pritcher on the assignment of finding the Second Foundation?
8. In 4-6, why is Pritchard so sure that nothing has tampered with him mind?
9. Why does Anthor want everyone at the meeting in 7-9 to get their brains scanned?
10. Why does Pritchard pull a gun on Channis? What are his reasons for accusing Channis of this crime?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)