|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the Second Foundation not altar Pritchard's mind after arriving on Rossem according to Channis?
(a) His mind is too powerful.
(b) The Mule would detect the change too easily.
(c) The Mule would get angry.
(d) His body would shut down from the change.
2. Why do Dr. Darell's colleagues worry about Anthor's involvement in their group?
(a) They think he is not smart enough.
(b) They think he is too young.
(c) He might be a spy.
(d) He likes Arcadia.
3. The Mule tells Channis that he realizes Tazenda is not the location of the Second Foundation for what reason?
(a) The Second Foundation cannot be killed.
(b) Channis has told the Mule everything.
(c) Channis feels no regret when learning of the planet's destruction.
(d) Pritchard knows information about the true whereabouts.
4. Channis says that the people of Rossem are neither starving nor unhappy which means what?
(a) They are stupid people.
(b) The people are insane.
(c) The Second Foundation does not exist.
(d) The Second Foundation has conditioned their minds.
5. What is different about Channis from other characters in 1-3?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is unconverted by the Mule.
(c) He is the true leader of Kalgan.
(d) He has never been out in space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Mule send to accompany Prichard's final mission?
2. How does the Mule know that Channis is a Second Foundationer?
3. What advice does Anthor tell Dr. Darell to do if a man ever wants to marry Arcadia?
4. What does Dr. Darell do with Anthor for the next seven days after Anthor's arrival?
5. What reason does Arcadia give to know that her father was expecting a visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Arcadia's reaction when she sees the man at her window?
2. In 4-6, how does the Mule know that Channis is a Second Foundationer?
3. Why does the Mule choose Channis to accompany Pritcher on the assignment of finding the Second Foundation?
4. Who is the leader of the Galaxy and how did this leader rise to power?
5. How do the Rossem elders react to the arrival of Pritchard and Channis?
6. Why did the Seldon Plan fail as described by the author?
7. What is the history of Han Pritcher and how does this character remember his past?
8. What are Channis' reasons for telling Pritchard that his mind has been tampered with by the Second Foundation in 4-6? Why would the Second Foundation leave Pritchard's feeling of loyalty?
9. Toward the end of 1-3, what does the technician find in the ship and what is Channis' response?
10. What difference in time do the events in 7-9 take place after 4-6 and how is this shown by the characters?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)