|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what planet is Dr. Darell?
2. Why would it be suspicious for Homir to turn around to drop Arcadia off at home?
(a) Because the Mule would read Homir's mind.
(b) Because he is older than Arcadia.
(c) He would be turning away very close to his destination.
(d) He would lose a lot of money on the journey.
3. Why does Callia think going into the Mule's palace is not a good idea?
(a) Stettin will get angry and hit her.
(b) Arcadia might get scared.
(c) The palace is in ruins.
(d) In Kalgan culture the palace is cursed.
4. Why does Dr. Darell think his daughter is dead?
(a) Anthor tells him she died.
(b) He misinterprets Anthor's message.
(c) She left a suicide note.
(d) There has been no word from her.
5. In 13-15 why does Homir worry about his newly granted access to the Mule's palace?
(a) He knows that it is a trap.
(b) He is worried about the curse.
(c) He is afraid for Arcadia's safety.
(d) He feels there is something underhanded happening.
6. In the beginning of 13-15, what does Arcadia try to manipulate Callia to do?
(a) Give her candy.
(b) Kill Homir in his sleep.
(c) Coax Stettin to allow Homir access.
(d) Help her get back to her home.
7. With whom did Arcadia leave as recounted by the Lieutenant?
(c) Preem Palver.
8. Why is Arcadia an important figure to Stettin and Kalgan?
(a) She is the granddaughter of the hero Bayla Darell.
(b) She can read a secret code.
(c) She killed the Mule.
(d) She is extremely beautiful.
9. What is Dr. Darell doing at the beginning of 10-12?
(b) Eating breakfast.
(d) Working in his laboratory.
10. What does Callia say about how Stettin feels about the Mule's palace?
(a) The curse is nonsense.
(b) He believes the curse.
(c) He wants to destroy it.
(d) He wants to live there.
11. What does Anthor suggest Dr. Darell do in 16-18?
(a) Go see his daughter.
(b) Call Homir for news.
(c) Seek the Mule.
(d) Join the army.
12. What character was once an admiral in the Kalgan navy?
(a) Lord Stettin.
(b) Dr. Darell.
13. What is Stettin's second order in 13-15?
(a) For Arcadia to be returned home.
(b) For Callia to be put in jail.
(c) Give all his money to the population.
(d) Granting Homir access to the Mule's palace.
14. Arcadia tells Callia that there are rumors about Kalgan becoming an empire, but the only possible way is for what to happen?
(a) Homir going into the palace.
(b) Callia has to kill Stettin.
(c) Homir must be made wealthy.
(d) Arcadia has to become Stettin's mistress.
15. When did Dr. Darell first realize the extent of the Second Foundation's control?
(a) By doing brain scans on people.
(b) After his wife died five years prior.
(c) After the birth of Arcadia.
(d) When he was a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Stettin's men want to fight in 10-12?
2. What is Stettin's response to Callia when she tells him that Arcadia said he was going to make an empire?
3. Why is Arcadia upset at herself toward the end of 13-15?
4. How does Callia leave her private chambers, departing from Arcadia?
5. In 13-15, what relationship does Stettin want with Arcadia?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)