|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Arcadia finally tell Palver the message for her father?
(a) After the downfal of the Second Foundation.
(b) After Palver promises to only tell her father.
(c) After Momma is asleep.
(d) After Palver pays her.
2. In 13-15 why does Homir worry about his newly granted access to the Mule's palace?
(a) He is worried about the curse.
(b) He is afraid for Arcadia's safety.
(c) He knows that it is a trap.
(d) He feels there is something underhanded happening.
3. Where does the Lieutenant tell Dr. Darell Arcadia went?
4. Why does Anthor think that the Second Foundation arranged Arcadia's escape?
(a) Her father is a powerful man.
(b) They wanted Acradia back with the Foundation.
(c) She is a chosen child.
(d) Because she is innocent.
5. What is Stettin's response to Callia when she tells him that Arcadia said he was going to make an empire?
(a) He gets angry and destroys his chair.
(b) He says that Arcadia is stupid.
(c) He says that women cannot be trusted.
(d) He asks to hear Arcadia's exact words.
6. Why does Dr. Darell think his daughter is dead?
(a) He misinterprets Anthor's message.
(b) There has been no word from her.
(c) Anthor tells him she died.
(d) She left a suicide note.
7. How does Arcadia convince Palver to travel to the Foundation with goods?
(a) Seduces him.
(b) She tells him smugglers would make a lot of money on the trip.
(c) Bribes him with her jewelry.
(d) Threatens him with her father's power.
8. What is Stettin's response to Callia when she asks for admittance to the Mule's palace?
(a) He tells her that she has to go in alone.
(b) He refuses saying to mind her own business.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He accuses her of being a spy.
9. What does Callia give Arcadia in her private chambers?
(a) A new necklace.
(b) Clean clothes and money.
(c) A stuffed animal.
10. At the start of 16-18, what is the only thing that Dr. Darell can think about?
(a) His work at the university.
(b) The safety of his daughter.
(c) Arcadia's wedding.
(d) Defeating the Foundation.
11. For whom does the Lieutenant work undercover?
(a) The Foundation.
(c) The Mule.
(d) Lady Callia.
12. How does the author describe Callia?
(a) Plump and dimwitted.
(b) Skinny and tall.
(c) Younger than Arcadia.
13. Why does Dr. Darell refuse to go to Trantor?
(a) He thinks that is what the Second Foundation wants him to do.
(b) He does not want any such advice from Anthor.
(c) He hates his daughter.
(d) He is scared of flying.
14. How does Callia leave her private chambers, departing from Arcadia?
(b) Hysterically crying.
(c) Arms across her face, running.
(d) Slowly walking away.
15. Why does Stettin say the treasury is struggling?
(a) People are stealing.
(b) He is spending all the money.
(c) The population is too big.
(d) The navy is too big.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Arcadia an important figure to Stettin and Kalgan?
2. What does Melius try to persuade Stettin to do?
3. Why does Anthor disagree with Dr. Darell's viewpoint of Arcadia's note?
4. In 13-15, what are Arcadia's emotions about visiting Callia?
5. What question does Homir ask Arcadia when he recognizes her in 10-12?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)