|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pritchard as he has disloyal thoughts?
(a) He has an allergic reaction.
(b) He gets an electric shock.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gets sick to his stomach.
2. What does Arcadia friend build for her?
(a) A sound receiver.
(b) A computer.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A model airplane.
3. Who does Channis say the Second Foundation members are really after when talking to Pritchard in 4-6?
(a) The Mule.
(b) The First Speaker.
(c) The Rossem leaders.
4. How many years later does section 7-9 take place after section 4-6?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) One year.
(d) 60 years.
5. Channis tells Pritchard that Tazenda is the Second Foundation because Rossem views Tazenda how?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) With great reverence.
(c) With disrespect.
(d) With great loathing.
6. What is the name of the boy Arcadia befriends?
7. What is Pritcher's reaction when Channis says that the Mule does not know where they are going?
(a) He pulls out his gun.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He kills Channis.
8. What does Pritchard say the Second Foundation needs when confronting Channis?
(a) Nuclear weapons.
(b) Coal deposits.
(c) A larger army.
9. What planet does Channis say is near the location of the Second Foundation?
10. In 4-6, who is described as knowing that Pritchard and Channis were coming and has already arranged to arrive in Rossem?
(a) The First Speaker.
(b) The ship's doctor.
(c) The Mule.
(d) The Governor of Tazenda.
11. Who set up two scientific locations three hundred years prior as recounted in "Second Foundation"?
(a) Hari Seldon.
(b) The Mule.
12. How does the Mule know that Channis is a Second Foundationer?
(a) The Mule can read his thoughts.
(b) Channis can resist the Mule's mind control.
(c) Someone betrayed Channis.
(d) Channis has a secret tattoo.
13. What disguised title does Anthor receive while visiting with the doctor?
(a) Arcadia's fiancee.
(b) Dr. Darell's cousin.
(c) Dr. Darell's nephew.
(d) A priest.
14. Pritcher was originally part of what organization?
(a) The Foundation.
(b) The Second Foundation.
(c) The Urban Rebellion.
(d) The Alliance.
15. How do the Rossem elders describe Tazenda?
(a) A great and noble ruler.
(b) Nothing special.
(c) A terrible and controlling ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Mule say that Channis will be less likely to be detected by the Second Foundation?
2. What does Dr. Darell do with Anthor for the next seven days after Anthor's arrival?
3. At the end of 4-6, why is it revealed that Channis volunteered to lead the Mule?
4. How does Pritcher remember his past as described in 1-3?
5. What does Pritchard say that Channis would do after being hired by the Mule?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)