|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Rossem elders so excited at the beginning of 4-6?
(a) They rarely get visitors.
(b) They have found mineral deposits.
(c) They are insane.
(d) The have never seen humans.
2. What surprises Arcadia at the beginning of 7-9?
(a) She failed her class.
(b) A solar eclipse.
(c) A man appears at her window.
(d) Her father left her a present.
3. Who is the last person to enter into the room where the confrontation is happening at the end of 4-6?
(a) The Mule.
(c) Second Founation's First Speaker.
(d) The ship's technician.
4. How does Channis gain the upper hand against the Mule in their confrontation on Rossem?
(a) He reconditions Pritchard's mind back to its previous state.
(b) He uses a slight of hand.
(c) He turns off the lights as a surprise.
(d) He is physically stronger.
5. The Mule tells Channis that he realizes Tazenda is not the location of the Second Foundation for what reason?
(a) The Second Foundation cannot be killed.
(b) Channis has told the Mule everything.
(c) Channis feels no regret when learning of the planet's destruction.
(d) Pritchard knows information about the true whereabouts.
6. What does Dr. Darell do with Anthor for the next seven days after Anthor's arrival?
(a) Train him in his laboratory.
(b) Hide him in the house.
(c) Have him date Arcadia.
(d) Tour the city.
7. How many years later does section 7-9 take place after section 4-6?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) One year.
8. How does the Mule react when he learns he has been outwitted?
(a) He drops his head.
(b) He fights back.
(c) He blows up the ship.
(d) He kills himself.
9. What is Pritcher's immediate reaction upon first meeting Channis?
(c) Severe dislike.
(d) Pure joy.
10. Who set up two scientific locations three hundred years prior as recounted in "Second Foundation"?
(a) The Mule.
(c) Hari Seldon.
11. What is Channis' physical description?
(c) Extremely pale.
(d) Good looking.
12. Toward the end of 1-3, what does the technician tell Channis he has discovered on board the ship?
(a) A hyper relay device.
(b) A bomb.
(c) The Mule's spy.
(d) A stowaway.
13. What is the reason behind the Mule's power?
(a) He has a lot of money.
(b) He was born a king.
(c) He can condition and control minds.
(d) He is a god.
14. Where is the Second Foundation said to be in 1-3?
(a) In a black hole.
(b) At the end of time.
(c) At the beginning of the galaxy.
(d) At Stars End.
15. Pritcher was originally part of what organization?
(a) The Foundation.
(b) The Urban Rebellion.
(c) The Alliance.
(d) The Second Foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Rossem elders describe Tazenda?
2. Pritcher and Channis are searching for a world that is described how?
3. How old is Arcadia Darell?
4. What is Arcadia's reaction when the mysterious man wants to come inside her home?
5. How does Pritchard claim he knows his mind has not been reconditioned since arriving on Rossem?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)