|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zacul's private chef?
2. Who does Jake Hollins stay with after being returned to America?
3. What color clothes is Ford's nurse wearing when he wakes up from his coma?
4. What sound does Ford hear when he wakes up from his blackout after his visit with Pilar?
5. How many people show up for Hollins's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Zacul's prison camps so full?
2. What happens to Tomlinson when he is separated from Ford in Masagua?
3. How does General Riviera react to the true reason as to why Ford is in Masagua?
4. How does the judge in Sandy Key treat Ford when he hears Ford is searching for Jake Hollins?
5. How was Ford saved during the fight at Zacul's camp?
6. What do Ford and Tomlinson discuss when they are in the prisoner truck headed to the camp?
7. What is the first thing Ford sees when he wakes up from his blackout?
8. What confessions does Pilar make to Ford when she sees him after the fight?
9. What happens when a mortar explodes near the dock where Zacul has docked his boat?
10. Who is Wendy Stafford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ford becomes increasingly disturbed to learn the details surrounding Hollins's death. First, describe the scene Ford happened across when he found Hollins's body. Then, explain what details led Ford to believe that Hollins was murdered. Finally, explain how Ford discovers the truth about Hollins's death and describe his reaction to that news.
Essay Topic 2
Hollins's funeral is an event that highlights the way Rafe Hollins lived his life while he was alive. First, create a list of characters that were present at Hollins's funeral. Then, describe the general mood of the funeral. Was it as somber and respectful as one might expect from a funeral? Finally, describe the ceremony in which Hollins's family scattered his ashes. What did this event signify about the relationship between Hollins and his family?
Essay Topic 3
The area called God's Eye Lake is one that is important to the investigation into Jake's disappearance as well as for the terrorists who run rampant in Masagua. First, describe the setting of God's Eye Lake. What makes this place significant in Mayan culture? Then, explain how the setting of the lake functions within the group Zacul leads. How does this place become an important setting in the search for Jake Hollins?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)