|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford hit Hollins in the face with as he exits Jessica's house?
2. How are Tomlinson and Ford transported to Zacul's prison camp?
3. What does Wendy Stafford do for a living?
4. Who is in charge of transporting Hollins's ashes?
5. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What celebratory meal does Ford prepare for Zacul on his first night in the prison?
2. What reason does Ford give to Zacul as to why he is in Masagua?
3. How does General Juan Riviera greet Ford when he arrives in Masagua?
4. What sound does Ford hear in the distance while he is inside Zacul's tent?
5. Why does Ford spend an evening searching for frogs in Zacul's prison camp?
6. What is the first thing Ford sees when he wakes up from his blackout?
7. How does Tomlinson prove his dedication to Ford while staying at General Riviera's?
8. Who is Wendy Stafford?
9. How does General Riviera react to the true reason as to why Ford is in Masagua?
10. How was Ford saved during the fight at Zacul's camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Jake Hollins is kidnapped his parents react very differently to the terrible news. First, describe Rafe Hollins's reaction to the news that his son is missing. Then, compare that to Helen Hollins' reaction. How do both of the parents treat Ford during his investigation into their son's disappearance? Based on these reactions, do you think Jake Hollins has any hope of living in a happy family upon his return?
Essay Topic 2
As a biologist, Ford has an interesting relation with fish. First, explain how Ford treats wildlife when he is out on his boat fishing. What does Ford's relationship with the wild tell the reader about his character? Then, compare Ford's treatment of wild fish to his relationship with domestic fish. What is the same about these relationships? What is different? Is there anything surprising in this comparison?
Essay Topic 3
Ford becomes increasingly disturbed to learn the details surrounding Hollins's death. First, describe the scene Ford happened across when he found Hollins's body. Then, explain what details led Ford to believe that Hollins was murdered. Finally, explain how Ford discovers the truth about Hollins's death and describe his reaction to that news.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)