Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ford watch pee upon drunks in the Mayan streets?
2. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
3. What is the name of the massive aristocratic house with wrought iron fences?
4. Who used to bring Ford sharks-teeth when he was living in Tambor?
5. What is the name of the group of rebel soldiers in Masagua?
Essay Topic 1
At the opening of the novel, Ford is speeding away through an underground tunnel from the Presidential Palace in Masagua. First, explain what Ford was doing in the Presidential Palace to begin with. Then, explain how Ford used his cunning and wit to escape, undetected from danger. Finally, explain how these events, which take place in the prologue, spin the action of the entire novel into motion.
Essay Topic 2
The affair Ford has with Pilar is one of the turning points in his life. First, describe how Ford and Pilar met. Why was their relationship doomed from the start? Then, explain how the two supported and loved each other throughout the novel, even when they were physically apart. Finally, describe how the relationship between Pilar and Ford ends and why.
Essay Topic 3
Tomlinson proves to be a character with a dichotomous personality. First, describe Tomlinson based on his physical appearance. What stereotypes do outsiders typically place on Tomlinson? Then, compare Tomlinson's external appearance to his internal appearance. Does Tomlinson's outside match his inside? How can you tell? Be sure to cite at least two specific examples from the text to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)