|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen Hollins react when Ford shows up at her doorstep?
2. What Costa Rican city do Tomlinson and Ford fly into on their first day searching for Jake Hollins?
3. What does Ford hit Hollins in the face with as he exits Jessica's house?
4. What type of animal lives in swarms around Riviera's house?
5. What is the name of Hollins's older brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Ford has to manipulate many people in order to get information he wants. Choose one scene in which Ford uses manipulation to get ahead. Who does he manipulate? Why? Then, compare this scene of manipulation with another scene of manipulation. Is Ford always successful in his manipulations? Where did he learn this skill?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Ford juggles romantic relationships with three women: Pilar, Jessica, and Sheri. First, describe Ford's relationship with each of these three women. How did they meet? Then, explain which woman you believe is the best romantic fit for Ford and why.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the course of their lives, Hollins's relationship with Ford has changed greatly. First, describe what Hollins and Ford's friendship was like in high school. Then, compare that to the relationship they had when Hollins first called asking for Ford's help. Finally, describe the state of the friendship between Hollins and Ford at the end of the novel.
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)