|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ford watch pee upon drunks in the Mayan streets?
2. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
3. What is the name of the massive aristocratic house with wrought iron fences?
4. Who used to bring Ford sharks-teeth when he was living in Tambor?
5. What is the name of the group of rebel soldiers in Masagua?
Essay Topic 1
Ford becomes increasingly disturbed to learn the details surrounding Hollins's death. First, describe the scene Ford happened across when he found Hollins's body. Then, explain what details led Ford to believe that Hollins was murdered. Finally, explain how Ford discovers the truth about Hollins's death and describe his reaction to that news.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the course of their lives, Hollins's relationship with Ford has changed greatly. First, describe what Hollins and Ford's friendship was like in high school. Then, compare that to the relationship they had when Hollins first called asking for Ford's help. Finally, describe the state of the friendship between Hollins and Ford at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The affair Ford has with Pilar is one of the turning points in his life. First, describe how Ford and Pilar met. Why was their relationship doomed from the start? Then, explain how the two supported and loved each other throughout the novel, even when they were physically apart. Finally, describe how the relationship between Pilar and Ford ends and why.
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)