|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in command of the Ford's abduction?
2. How are Tomlinson and Ford transported to Zacul's prison camp?
3. Which of the following characters accuses Ford of being a member of the CIA?
4. What is the name of the group of rebel soldiers in Masagua?
5. What type of Indian is Creno?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wendy Stafford?
2. How does Tomlinson prove his dedication to Ford while staying at General Riviera's?
3. How does General Riviera react to the true reason as to why Ford is in Masagua?
4. What condition is Jake Hollins in when Ford finally finds him?
5. Why are Zacul's prison camps so full?
6. What sound does Ford hear in the distance while he is inside Zacul's tent?
7. Why does Ford spend an evening searching for frogs in Zacul's prison camp?
8. What type of studying does Tomlinson do in preparation for his meeting with Zacul?
9. How and why does Ford test Tomlinson's honesty while they are traveling through Costa Rica?
10. How does General Juan Riviera greet Ford when he arrives in Masagua?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people of Masagua have an interesting history. First, describe the history that is recorded in the Kin Qux Cho. Who is allowed access to this history? Then, explain how the history of the Masagua people directly affects the plot of the novel and the life of young Jake Hollins. Be sure to cite at least two specific examples from the text to strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Ford has been close to General Riviera. First, explain how these two men met. Over what activities did they bond? Then, explain how General Riviera feels about Ford's search for Jake Hollins and how he aided Ford in his quest. Be sure to include at least two specific scenes from the novel that you think support your argument to the relationship between Ford and General Riviera.
Essay Topic 3
Jessica McClure proves to be an important emotional catalyst for Ford in the novel. First, describe the relationship Jessica and Ford have at the opening of the novel. Then, compare the relationship Jessica has with Ford to the relationship Jessica has with Benny. How does this love-triangle lead to one of the biggest betrayals Ford has ever experienced?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)