Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ford watch pee upon drunks in the Mayan streets?
2. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
3. What is the name of the massive aristocratic house with wrought iron fences?
4. Who used to bring Ford sharks-teeth when he was living in Tambor?
5. What is the name of the group of rebel soldiers in Masagua?
Essay Topic 1
The people of Masagua have an interesting history. First, describe the history that is recorded in the Kin Qux Cho. Who is allowed access to this history? Then, explain how the history of the Masagua people directly affects the plot of the novel and the life of young Jake Hollins. Be sure to cite at least two specific examples from the text to strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Ford becomes increasingly disturbed to learn the details surrounding Hollins's death. First, describe the scene Ford happened across when he found Hollins's body. Then, explain what details led Ford to believe that Hollins was murdered. Finally, explain how Ford discovers the truth about Hollins's death and describe his reaction to that news.
Essay Topic 3
Although Jake Hollins is relatively absent from the pages of the novel as a whole, he could be considered one of the most important characters in the story. First, describe Jake Hollins and his relationship with Ford. Do you think Jake should be considered one of the most important characters in the novel? Choose at least two specific scenes from the novel to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)