Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ford watch pee upon drunks in the Mayan streets?
2. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
3. What is the name of the massive aristocratic house with wrought iron fences?
4. Who used to bring Ford sharks-teeth when he was living in Tambor?
5. What is the name of the group of rebel soldiers in Masagua?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Ford has to manipulate many people in order to get information he wants. Choose one scene in which Ford uses manipulation to get ahead. Who does he manipulate? Why? Then, compare this scene of manipulation with another scene of manipulation. Is Ford always successful in his manipulations? Where did he learn this skill?
Essay Topic 2
The area called God's Eye Lake is one that is important to the investigation into Jake's disappearance as well as for the terrorists who run rampant in Masagua. First, describe the setting of God's Eye Lake. What makes this place significant in Mayan culture? Then, explain how the setting of the lake functions within the group Zacul leads. How does this place become an important setting in the search for Jake Hollins?
Essay Topic 3
Although Jake Hollins is relatively absent from the pages of the novel as a whole, he could be considered one of the most important characters in the story. First, describe Jake Hollins and his relationship with Ford. Do you think Jake should be considered one of the most important characters in the novel? Choose at least two specific scenes from the novel to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)