|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company Mario DeArmond sells product for?
2. What color clothes is Ford's nurse wearing when he wakes up from his coma?
3. What overwhelming emotion does Tomlinson feel after his interrogation?
4. Which of the following continents has Tomlinson not traveled to in his lifetime?
5. What gift does Ford promise to give Zacul, which makes Zacul very excited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing Ford sees when he wakes up from his blackout?
2. How was Ford saved during the fight at Zacul's camp?
3. What type of documentation does Ford bring with him to Costa Rica?
4. How does General Juan Riviera greet Ford when he arrives in Masagua?
5. How does Zacul react when he sees that many of his guards are falling ill?
6. Who is Wendy Stafford?
7. What is Ford's reaction to Hollins's funeral?
8. What do Ford and Tomlinson discuss when they are in the prisoner truck headed to the camp?
9. How does Jessica react when she hears about Ford and Dr. Braun-Richards?
10. What celebratory meal does Ford prepare for Zacul on his first night in the prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ford has been close to General Riviera. First, explain how these two men met. Over what activities did they bond? Then, explain how General Riviera feels about Ford's search for Jake Hollins and how he aided Ford in his quest. Be sure to include at least two specific scenes from the novel that you think support your argument to the relationship between Ford and General Riviera.
Essay Topic 2
When Jake Hollins is kidnapped his parents react very differently to the terrible news. First, describe Rafe Hollins's reaction to the news that his son is missing. Then, compare that to Helen Hollins' reaction. How do both of the parents treat Ford during his investigation into their son's disappearance? Based on these reactions, do you think Jake Hollins has any hope of living in a happy family upon his return?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Ford juggles romantic relationships with three women: Pilar, Jessica, and Sheri. First, describe Ford's relationship with each of these three women. How did they meet? Then, explain which woman you believe is the best romantic fit for Ford and why.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)