|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does the interrogation of Tomlinson and Ford finally end?
2. Which of the following statement is not true about Jake Hollins's condition when he is found?
3. Which of the following crimes did most of the men in the prison camp commit leading to their incarcerations?
4. What does Rivera call Tomlinson based on his first impression of Ford's traveling partner?
5. What city does Zacul try to escape to when he realizes that Ford is after Jake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ford becomes increasingly disturbed to learn the details surrounding Hollins's death. First, describe the scene Ford happened across when he found Hollins's body. Then, explain what details led Ford to believe that Hollins was murdered. Finally, explain how Ford discovers the truth about Hollins's death and describe his reaction to that news.
Essay Topic 2
The town of Sanibel, Florida is often overrun with tourists. First, describe the town of Sanibel and explain why tourists want to come. Then, describe Ford's relationship with the tourists. How does he treat them? Give examples of at least two specific scenes in the novel that you believe exemplify Ford's relationship with the tourists.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Ford has to manipulate many people in order to get information he wants. Choose one scene in which Ford uses manipulation to get ahead. Who does he manipulate? Why? Then, compare this scene of manipulation with another scene of manipulation. Is Ford always successful in his manipulations? Where did he learn this skill?
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)