|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sports is Riviera obsessed with?
2. How was God's Eye Lake moved from one location to another?
3. Which of the following items is not something General Riviera offers to Ford immediately after seeing him?
4. What meat does Ford prepare for Zacul for their celebratory dinner?
5. Which of the following men was sent to Zacul's prison for selling vegatables?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ford's reaction to Hollins's funeral?
2. What relationship does Ford have with Durell?
3. How does General Juan Riviera greet Ford when he arrives in Masagua?
4. What type of documentation does Ford bring with him to Costa Rica?
5. How does Jessica react when she hears about Ford and Dr. Braun-Richards?
6. What type of studying does Tomlinson do in preparation for his meeting with Zacul?
7. What reason does Ford give to Zacul as to why he is in Masagua?
8. How does General Riviera react to the true reason as to why Ford is in Masagua?
9. How was Ford saved during the fight at Zacul's camp?
10. What condition is Jake Hollins in when Ford finally finds him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Ford juggles romantic relationships with three women: Pilar, Jessica, and Sheri. First, describe Ford's relationship with each of these three women. How did they meet? Then, explain which woman you believe is the best romantic fit for Ford and why.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Ford has to manipulate many people in order to get information he wants. Choose one scene in which Ford uses manipulation to get ahead. Who does he manipulate? Why? Then, compare this scene of manipulation with another scene of manipulation. Is Ford always successful in his manipulations? Where did he learn this skill?
Essay Topic 3
The affair Ford has with Pilar is one of the turning points in his life. First, describe how Ford and Pilar met. Why was their relationship doomed from the start? Then, explain how the two supported and loved each other throughout the novel, even when they were physically apart. Finally, describe how the relationship between Pilar and Ford ends and why.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)