Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
2. How long have Hollins and Ford known each other?
3. Besides English, what language does Ford speak?
4. What is the name of the boss man who publicly humiliates Jethro at the marina?
5. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Ford give to Zacul as to why he is in Masagua?
2. How does Zacul react when he sees that many of his guards are falling ill?
3. What type of relationship does Ford have with Jethro Nicholes?
4. What reason does Jessica give Ford as to why she betrayed him?
5. What confessions does Pilar make to Ford when she sees him after the fight?
6. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
7. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
8. How does General Riviera react to the true reason as to why Ford is in Masagua?
9. What celebratory meal does Ford prepare for Zacul on his first night in the prison?
10. How was Ford saved during the fight at Zacul's camp?
Essay Topic 1
Ford becomes increasingly disturbed to learn the details surrounding Hollins's death. First, describe the scene Ford happened across when he found Hollins's body. Then, explain what details led Ford to believe that Hollins was murdered. Finally, explain how Ford discovers the truth about Hollins's death and describe his reaction to that news.
Essay Topic 2
When Jake Hollins is kidnapped his parents react very differently to the terrible news. First, describe Rafe Hollins's reaction to the news that his son is missing. Then, compare that to Helen Hollins' reaction. How do both of the parents treat Ford during his investigation into their son's disappearance? Based on these reactions, do you think Jake Hollins has any hope of living in a happy family upon his return?
Essay Topic 3
The affair Ford has with Pilar is one of the turning points in his life. First, describe how Ford and Pilar met. Why was their relationship doomed from the start? Then, explain how the two supported and loved each other throughout the novel, even when they were physically apart. Finally, describe how the relationship between Pilar and Ford ends and why.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)