Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
2. How long have Hollins and Ford known each other?
3. Besides English, what language does Ford speak?
4. What is the name of the boss man who publicly humiliates Jethro at the marina?
5. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Ford give to Zacul as to why he is in Masagua?
2. How does Zacul react when he sees that many of his guards are falling ill?
3. What type of relationship does Ford have with Jethro Nicholes?
4. What reason does Jessica give Ford as to why she betrayed him?
5. What confessions does Pilar make to Ford when she sees him after the fight?
6. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
7. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
8. How does General Riviera react to the true reason as to why Ford is in Masagua?
9. What celebratory meal does Ford prepare for Zacul on his first night in the prison?
10. How was Ford saved during the fight at Zacul's camp?
At the opening of the novel, Ford is speeding away through an underground tunnel from the Presidential Palace in Masagua. First, explain what Ford was doing in the Presidential Palace to begin with. Then, explain how Ford used his cunning and wit to escape, undetected from danger. Finally, explain how these events, which take place in the prologue, spin the action of the entire novel into motion.
Hollins's rocky relationship and divorce from his ex-wife proved to be a turning point in his life. First, describe the relationship Hollins had with his ex-wife and what events led to their divorce. Then, explain how the series of events directly stemming from the divorce led to the ultimate kidnapping of their son.
Ford has been close to General Riviera. First, explain how these two men met. Over what activities did they bond? Then, explain how General Riviera feels about Ford's search for Jake Hollins and how he aided Ford in his quest. Be sure to include at least two specific scenes from the novel that you think support your argument to the relationship between Ford and General Riviera.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)