|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
2. Who was Ford's replacement in Costa Rica when he left his business there?
3. What is the name of Jessica's ex-boyfriend?
4. Which of the following individuals does Ford not request a background check of from the Operations Data Board of National Security Affairs?
5. Where did Tomlinson go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Kin Qux Cho?
2. How does Jessica know Rafe Hollins?
3. How does President Don Jorge Balserio die?
4. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
5. Why does Ford get into a fight with an out-of-state salesman?
6. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
7. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
8. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
9. What request does Rafe Hollins make to Ford when he calls him for the first time in years?
10. What clues does Ford search for in Tequesta after discovering Hollins's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The area called God's Eye Lake is one that is important to the investigation into Jake's disappearance as well as for the terrorists who run rampant in Masagua. First, describe the setting of God's Eye Lake. What makes this place significant in Mayan culture? Then, explain how the setting of the lake functions within the group Zacul leads. How does this place become an important setting in the search for Jake Hollins?
Essay Topic 2
Hollins's rocky relationship and divorce from his ex-wife proved to be a turning point in his life. First, describe the relationship Hollins had with his ex-wife and what events led to their divorce. Then, explain how the series of events directly stemming from the divorce led to the ultimate kidnapping of their son.
Essay Topic 3
Although Jake Hollins is relatively absent from the pages of the novel as a whole, he could be considered one of the most important characters in the story. First, describe Jake Hollins and his relationship with Ford. Do you think Jake should be considered one of the most important characters in the novel? Choose at least two specific scenes from the novel to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)