|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Pilar when she married Balserio?
2. Where did Tomlinson go to college?
3. What did Rafe Hollins do for a living before he died?
4. What time does Ford go to bed and notice that Jessica's porch light is still on?
5. What does Ford purchase from the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship does Ford have with Sally Field?
2. At the opening of the novel, what type of party is sweeping through Sanibel?
3. What type of relationship does Ford have with Jethro Nicholes?
4. What major argument did President Don Jorge Balserio have with his wife for the entirety of their marriage?
5. How does the old man outside the Presidential Palace treat Ford when he sees him emerge?
6. How does Jessica know Rafe Hollins?
7. What is the Kin Qux Cho?
8. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
9. What was Rafe Hollins's final year of marriage like before his divorce?
10. What is the Sealife Corporation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ford has been close to General Riviera. First, explain how these two men met. Over what activities did they bond? Then, explain how General Riviera feels about Ford's search for Jake Hollins and how he aided Ford in his quest. Be sure to include at least two specific scenes from the novel that you think support your argument to the relationship between Ford and General Riviera.
Essay Topic 2
Hollins's rocky relationship and divorce from his ex-wife proved to be a turning point in his life. First, describe the relationship Hollins had with his ex-wife and what events led to their divorce. Then, explain how the series of events directly stemming from the divorce led to the ultimate kidnapping of their son.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Ford juggles romantic relationships with three women: Pilar, Jessica, and Sheri. First, describe Ford's relationship with each of these three women. How did they meet? Then, explain which woman you believe is the best romantic fit for Ford and why.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)