|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Ford's body hurts the most after his scuffle with the boss man?
2. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
3. How does Hollins commit suicide?
4. Besides English, what language does Ford speak?
5. What type of wine does Jessica serve Ford on the first night they make love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zacul react when he sees that many of his guards are falling ill?
2. What is God's Eye Lake?
3. What is the Sealife Corporation?
4. How does Jessica know Rafe Hollins?
5. What relationship does Ford have with Durell?
6. What is the first thing Ford sees when he wakes up from his blackout?
7. What does Ford do with Hollins's belongings after his death?
8. Who is Wendy Stafford?
9. Why are Zacul's prison camps so full?
10. How and why does Ford test Tomlinson's honesty while they are traveling through Costa Rica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jessica McClure proves to be an important emotional catalyst for Ford in the novel. First, describe the relationship Jessica and Ford have at the opening of the novel. Then, compare the relationship Jessica has with Ford to the relationship Jessica has with Benny. How does this love-triangle lead to one of the biggest betrayals Ford has ever experienced?
Essay Topic 2
Hollins's rocky relationship and divorce from his ex-wife proved to be a turning point in his life. First, describe the relationship Hollins had with his ex-wife and what events led to their divorce. Then, explain how the series of events directly stemming from the divorce led to the ultimate kidnapping of their son.
Essay Topic 3
The affair Ford has with Pilar is one of the turning points in his life. First, describe how Ford and Pilar met. Why was their relationship doomed from the start? Then, explain how the two supported and loved each other throughout the novel, even when they were physically apart. Finally, describe how the relationship between Pilar and Ford ends and why.
This section contains 2,023 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)