|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bank where Ford and Hollins used to meet in school?
2. How long have Hollins and Ford known each other?
3. Which of the following items is not one of the only three items Ford has left in his refrigerator when Dr. Braun-Richards arrives?
4. In what Central American country did Ford and Hollins run into each other recently?
5. Who put together the package for Ford that is waiting for him at the embassy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the after-effects of the fight with the salesman on Ford's body?
2. Who is Tomlinson?
3. What deal does Ford make with the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
4. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
5. What is the Sealife Corporation?
6. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
7. Who is Jessica McClure?
8. What type of relationship does Ford have with Jethro Nicholes?
9. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
10. What type of relationship does Ford have with Sally Field?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The area called God's Eye Lake is one that is important to the investigation into Jake's disappearance as well as for the terrorists who run rampant in Masagua. First, describe the setting of God's Eye Lake. What makes this place significant in Mayan culture? Then, explain how the setting of the lake functions within the group Zacul leads. How does this place become an important setting in the search for Jake Hollins?
Essay Topic 2
Hollins's rocky relationship and divorce from his ex-wife proved to be a turning point in his life. First, describe the relationship Hollins had with his ex-wife and what events led to their divorce. Then, explain how the series of events directly stemming from the divorce led to the ultimate kidnapping of their son.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Ford juggles romantic relationships with three women: Pilar, Jessica, and Sheri. First, describe Ford's relationship with each of these three women. How did they meet? Then, explain which woman you believe is the best romantic fit for Ford and why.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)