|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men is captain of the Florida Department of Criminal Law?
2. How does Hollins commit suicide?
3. Which of the following items is not in the package Ford finds waiting for him at the Embassy?
4. What is the name of the boss man who publicly humiliates Jethro at the marina?
5. How old was Jake Hollins when he was kidnapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise is waiting for Ford when he arrives home after having sex with Jessica for the first time?
2. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
3. What major argument did President Don Jorge Balserio have with his wife for the entirety of their marriage?
4. What type of relationship does Ford have with Jethro Nicholes?
5. What reason does Hollins give Ford as to why he believes his son was kidnapped?
6. How does Jessica know Rafe Hollins?
7. What was Rafe Hollins's final year of marriage like before his divorce?
8. What package is waiting for Ford at the American Embassy the day after he leaves the Presidential Palace?
9. How does Ford react when he reads Hollins's obituary in the newspaper?
10. What clues does Ford search for in Tequesta after discovering Hollins's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the course of their lives, Hollins's relationship with Ford has changed greatly. First, describe what Hollins and Ford's friendship was like in high school. Then, compare that to the relationship they had when Hollins first called asking for Ford's help. Finally, describe the state of the friendship between Hollins and Ford at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When Jake Hollins is kidnapped his parents react very differently to the terrible news. First, describe Rafe Hollins's reaction to the news that his son is missing. Then, compare that to Helen Hollins' reaction. How do both of the parents treat Ford during his investigation into their son's disappearance? Based on these reactions, do you think Jake Hollins has any hope of living in a happy family upon his return?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Ford juggles romantic relationships with three women: Pilar, Jessica, and Sheri. First, describe Ford's relationship with each of these three women. How did they meet? Then, explain which woman you believe is the best romantic fit for Ford and why.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)