|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jake Hollins when he was kidnapped?
2. Which of the following animals does Ford swim with in an attempt to ease the pain in his body from the fight?
3. What type of doctor is Dr. Sheri Braun-Richards?
4. What type of music does Jessica enjoy listening to?
5. What crime has Hollins committed that he thinks have put local police on his tail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
2. What reason does Hollins give Ford as to why he believes his son was kidnapped?
3. What was Rafe Hollins's final year of marriage like before his divorce?
4. Who is Jessica McClure?
5. What is the Sealife Corporation?
6. What is the Kin Qux Cho?
7. What are the after-effects of the fight with the salesman on Ford's body?
8. What major argument did President Don Jorge Balserio have with his wife for the entirety of their marriage?
9. What deal does Ford make with the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
10. How did Hollins treat Ford when they met years earlier in South America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Jake Hollins is relatively absent from the pages of the novel as a whole, he could be considered one of the most important characters in the story. First, describe Jake Hollins and his relationship with Ford. Do you think Jake should be considered one of the most important characters in the novel? Choose at least two specific scenes from the novel to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The town of Sanibel, Florida is often overrun with tourists. First, describe the town of Sanibel and explain why tourists want to come. Then, describe Ford's relationship with the tourists. How does he treat them? Give examples of at least two specific scenes in the novel that you believe exemplify Ford's relationship with the tourists.
Essay Topic 3
Tomlinson proves to be a character with a dichotomous personality. First, describe Tomlinson based on his physical appearance. What stereotypes do outsiders typically place on Tomlinson? Then, compare Tomlinson's external appearance to his internal appearance. Does Tomlinson's outside match his inside? How can you tell? Be sure to cite at least two specific examples from the text to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)