|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following confessions does Pilar not make to Ford when she visits him in hospital?
(a) That she is in love with him.
(b) That she killed her husband.
(c) That she is pregnant with his child.
(d) That she arranged his arrest in Managua.
2. How do Ford and Tomlinson travel from Riviera's home to Masagua?
(a) By train.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On foot.
(d) By car.
3. At what time of day do Ford and Tomlinson leave Costa Rica for Masagua?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 am.
4. Which of the following symptoms does not affect Zacul as he is fighting against the poisons in his system?
(a) His hands shake.
(b) His tongue swells.
(c) His breathing grows shallow.
(d) His pupils dialate.
5. Who is in command of the Ford's abduction?
(a) Colonel Suarez.
(b) General Riviera.
(c) President Balserio.
(d) General Zacul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following dances do the Mayan people partake in while Ford and Tomlinson watch from the hotel?
2. What sound does Ford hear when he wakes up from his blackout after his visit with Pilar?
3. What sound does Ford hear in the distance as he is trying to give medical attention to Zacul?
4. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
5. Who is the first person Ford sees after waking from his blackout?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tomlinson when he is separated from Ford in Masagua?
2. What relationship does Ford have with Durell?
3. What condition is Jake Hollins in when Ford finally finds him?
4. Why are Zacul's prison camps so full?
5. What celebratory meal does Ford prepare for Zacul on his first night in the prison?
6. How was Ford saved during the fight at Zacul's camp?
7. What confessions does Pilar make to Ford when she sees him after the fight?
8. What sound does Ford hear in the distance while he is inside Zacul's tent?
9. How does General Riviera react to the true reason as to why Ford is in Masagua?
10. How does Jessica react when she hears about Ford and Dr. Braun-Richards?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)