|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century was the Presidential Palace built?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) The 1500s.
(c) The 1700.
(d) The 1600s.
2. What type of bird does Ford see in the sky that reminds him of his friend, Hollins?
3. Which of the following facts is not true about Donald Cheng?
(a) He weighs 200 pounds.
(b) He drinks wine from the bottle.
(c) He smokes cigarettes.
(d) He is 5'8" tall.
4. What type of doctor is Dr. Sheri Braun-Richards?
(a) A gynecologist.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A brain surgeon.
(d) A pediatrician.
5. Where does Jessica's ex-boyfriend live in when he's not visiting her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime has Hollins committed that he thinks have put local police on his tail?
2. How old was Pilar when she married Balserio?
3. Which of the following countries is McKinley interested in and subscribes to a magazine about?
4. What county is the marina in?
5. What do the out-of-state partiers Ford listens to across the water do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship does Ford have with Jethro Nicholes?
2. What clues does Ford search for in Tequesta after discovering Hollins's body?
3. What type of relationship does Ford have with Sally Field?
4. What major argument did President Don Jorge Balserio have with his wife for the entirety of their marriage?
5. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
6. How does Jessica know Rafe Hollins?
7. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
8. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
9. What surprise is waiting for Ford when he arrives home after having sex with Jessica for the first time?
10. What are the after-effects of the fight with the salesman on Ford's body?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)