|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of beverage does Ford offer to Tomlinson after their dinner together?
2. Which of the following artifacts does Ford not keep in his study?
(a) An ant farm.
(b) A jade amulet.
(c) Unborn sharks.
(d) A small parrot's head.
3. What type of bird does Ford see in the sky that reminds him of his friend, Hollins?
4. Which of the following things did Hollins not ask Ford for when they ran into each other in Central America?
(a) A loan.
(b) To borrow a pair of shoes.
(d) A job.
5. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly.
(b) Black beans.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
2. Which of the following types of aquatic animal does Ford keep in a tank on his porch?
3. What type of airplane does Ford fly home in?
4. What is the name of Ford's old friend who works for the Operations Data Board of National Security Affairs?
5. What culture does the Kin Qux Cho belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship does Ford have with Jethro Nicholes?
2. What clues does Ford search for in Tequesta after discovering Hollins's body?
3. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
4. How does the old man outside the Presidential Palace treat Ford when he sees him emerge?
5. What type of relationship does Ford have with Sally Field?
6. At the opening of the novel, what type of party is sweeping through Sanibel?
7. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
8. Who is Tomlinson?
9. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
10. What request does Rafe Hollins make to Ford when he calls him for the first time in years?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)