|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts is not true about Donald Cheng?
(a) He weighs 200 pounds.
(b) He smokes cigarettes.
(c) He drinks wine from the bottle.
(d) He is 5'8" tall.
2. What culture does the Kin Qux Cho belong to?
3. According to the narrator, what decade does Tomlinson look like he just walked out of?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1980s.
4. Which of the following bands is not heard by Ford and Tomlinson blasting from the party across the water?
(b) Twisted Sister.
(d) Van Halen.
5. How many times does Hollins call Ford before finally reaching him at the marina?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Six times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters stole a copy of the Kin Qux Cho?
2. What type of beverage does Ford offer to Tomlinson after their dinner together?
3. What is the name of the boss man who publicly humiliates Jethro at the marina?
4. Which of the following animals does Ford swim with in an attempt to ease the pain in his body from the fight?
5. Which of the following accessories does Ford lose in his scuffle with the businessman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Ford make with the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
2. How does President Don Jorge Balserio die?
3. How does Ford react when he reads Hollins's obituary in the newspaper?
4. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
5. What type of relationship does Ford have with Sally Field?
6. What was Rafe Hollins's final year of marriage like before his divorce?
7. How does the old man outside the Presidential Palace treat Ford when he sees him emerge?
8. What does Ford do with Hollins's belongings after his death?
9. Who is Jessica McClure?
10. How did Hollins treat Ford when they met years earlier in South America?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)