|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
2. How does Ford hear about Masagua President Don Jorge Balserio's death?
(a) Through a phone call.
(b) Through the newspaper.
(c) Through a friend.
(d) Through the internet.
3. What country is Ford from?
4. Who was Ford's replacement in Costa Rica when he left his business there?
5. Which of the following items is not in the package Ford finds waiting for him at the Embassy?
(a) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Hollins call Ford before finally reaching him at the marina?
2. What type of doctor is Dr. Sheri Braun-Richards?
3. What color are Jessica's eyes?
4. In what Central American country did Ford and Hollins run into each other recently?
5. Which of the following awards was Hollins awarded for his baseball career in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What package is waiting for Ford at the American Embassy the day after he leaves the Presidential Palace?
2. What is the Kin Qux Cho?
3. Why does Ford get into a fight with an out-of-state salesman?
4. What was Rafe Hollins's final year of marriage like before his divorce?
5. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
6. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
7. What request does Rafe Hollins make to Ford when he calls him for the first time in years?
8. What major argument did President Don Jorge Balserio have with his wife for the entirety of their marriage?
9. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
10. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)