|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Marion Ford exit the Presidential Palace in the prologue of the novel?
(a) Through an underground tunnel.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through the front door.
2. What is the name of Ford's old friend who works for the Operations Data Board of National Security Affairs?
(a) Sally Field.
(b) Betty Crocker.
(c) Joan Rivers.
(d) Martha Stewart.
3. How old was Jake Hollins when he was kidnapped?
4. What type of doctor is Dr. Sheri Braun-Richards?
(a) A pediatrician.
(b) A brain surgeon.
(c) A gynecologist.
(d) A dentist.
5. Which of the following types of aquatic animal does Ford keep in a tank on his porch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rafe Hollins do for a living before he died?
2. What crime has Hollins committed that he thinks have put local police on his tail?
3. What color are the tassels the police wear in Masagua?
4. What culture does the Kin Qux Cho belong to?
5. What does Ford ship to science classrooms for his business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
2. What is the Sealife Corporation?
3. What deal does Ford make with the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
4. What is the Kin Qux Cho?
5. What are the after-effects of the fight with the salesman on Ford's body?
6. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
7. What was Rafe Hollins's final year of marriage like before his divorce?
8. Who is Tomlinson?
9. How does Jessica know Rafe Hollins?
10. What major argument did President Don Jorge Balserio have with his wife for the entirety of their marriage?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)