|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does the old man outside the Presidential Palace speak?
2. What neighborhood in Manhattan did Jessica live and work in during her time in the city?
(a) Park Slope.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) Alphabet City.
3. Which member of Hollins's family has gone missing, prompting his phone call to Ford?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. How does Ford hear about Masagua President Don Jorge Balserio's death?
(a) Through a friend.
(b) Through the internet.
(c) Through a phone call.
(d) Through the newspaper.
5. Where does Jessica's ex-boyfriend live in when he's not visiting her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica do for a living?
2. What type of beverage does Ford offer to Tomlinson after their dinner together?
3. According to the narrator, what decade does Tomlinson look like he just walked out of?
4. How many copies of the Kin Qux Cho are known?
5. What color are Jessica's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
2. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
3. What request does Rafe Hollins make to Ford when he calls him for the first time in years?
4. How does the old man outside the Presidential Palace treat Ford when he sees him emerge?
5. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
6. What deal does Ford make with the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
7. What are the after-effects of the fight with the salesman on Ford's body?
8. What type of relationship does Ford have with Sally Field?
9. Who is Tomlinson?
10. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)