|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What culture does the Kin Qux Cho belong to?
2. What does Ford purchase from the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
3. What type of doctor is Dr. Sheri Braun-Richards?
(a) A brain surgeon.
(b) A pediatrician.
(c) A gynecologist.
(d) A dentist.
4. Who was Ford's replacement in Costa Rica when he left his business there?
5. What is Major Durell's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
2. What did Tomlinson get his college degree in?
3. What article of clothing is Ford missing when he exits the Presidential Palace?
4. Which of the following bands is not heard by Ford and Tomlinson blasting from the party across the water?
5. According to the narrator, how much does Melsinki weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What package is waiting for Ford at the American Embassy the day after he leaves the Presidential Palace?
2. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
3. What deal does Ford make with the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
4. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
5. Who is Donal Pio Cheng?
6. How did Hollins treat Ford when they met years earlier in South America?
7. What does Ford do with Hollins's belongings after his death?
8. Why does Ford get into a fight with an out-of-state salesman?
9. What surprise is waiting for Ford when he arrives home after having sex with Jessica for the first time?
10. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)