|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of sharks live at the marina near Ford's house?
(a) Bull sharks.
(b) Great white sharks.
(c) Hammerhead sharks.
(d) Nurse sharks.
2. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
3. How old was Jake Hollins when he was kidnapped?
4. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Black beans.
(c) Peanut butter and jelly.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
5. Who was Ford's replacement in Costa Rica when he left his business there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ford's old friend who works for the Operations Data Board of National Security Affairs?
2. How many of the names in Hollins's address book does Ford recognize?
3. Which of the following insects is considered to be the biggest nuisance in Sanibel?
4. What culture does the Kin Qux Cho belong to?
5. What type of music does Jessica enjoy listening to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jessica know Rafe Hollins?
2. What is the Sealife Corporation?
3. What clues does Ford search for in Tequesta after discovering Hollins's body?
4. How does the old man outside the Presidential Palace treat Ford when he sees him emerge?
5. Why does Ford get into a fight with an out-of-state salesman?
6. What surprise is waiting for Ford when he arrives home after having sex with Jessica for the first time?
7. How did Hollins treat Ford when they met years earlier in South America?
8. At the opening of the novel, what type of party is sweeping through Sanibel?
9. How does President Don Jorge Balserio die?
10. How does Dr. Marion Ford emerge from the Presidential Palace at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)