|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who put together the package for Ford that is waiting for him at the embassy?
2. How does Hollins commit suicide?
(a) He drowns himself.
(b) He stabs himself.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He shoots himself.
3. Which of the following insects is considered to be the biggest nuisance in Sanibel?
(d) Fire ants.
4. How long have Hollins and Ford known each other?
(a) Since middle school.
(b) Since elementary school.
(c) Since high school.
(d) Since college.
5. What is Major Durell's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Ford from?
2. What is the name of the Masaguan Lake Ford knows of that is infested with aggressive freshwater sharks?
3. What type of house pet does Jessica keep?
4. What is the name of the bank where Ford and Hollins used to meet in school?
5. What do the out-of-state partiers Ford listens to across the water do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jessica McClure?
2. At the opening of the novel, what type of party is sweeping through Sanibel?
3. What is the Kin Qux Cho?
4. What does Ford do with Hollins's belongings after his death?
5. How does Ford react when he reads Hollins's obituary in the newspaper?
6. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
7. What deal does Ford make with the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
8. Why does Ford get into a fight with an out-of-state salesman?
9. What surprise is waiting for Ford when he arrives home after having sex with Jessica for the first time?
10. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)