|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird does Ford see in the sky that reminds him of his friend, Hollins?
2. What did Rafe Hollins do for a living before he died?
(a) He was a pilot.
(b) He was a fisherman.
(c) He was an architect.
(d) He was a lawyer.
3. Where did Balserio send PIlar when he heard she was in love with Ford?
(a) To her mother's house.
(b) To prison.
(c) To a convent.
(d) To a boarding school.
4. In what century was the Presidential Palace built?
(a) The 1700.
(b) The 1800s.
(c) The 1500s.
(d) The 1600s.
5. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Black beans.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Peanut butter and jelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Hollins and Ford known each other?
2. How does Masagua President Don Jorge Balserio die?
3. Which of the following countries is McKinley interested in and subscribes to a magazine about?
4. What type of doctor is Dr. Sheri Braun-Richards?
5. What color are clam worms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ford know the status of Jessica's relationship with Benny?
2. What is the Sealife Corporation?
3. What was Rafe Hollins's final year of marriage like before his divorce?
4. What type of relationship does Ford have with Sally Field?
5. At the opening of the novel, what type of party is sweeping through Sanibel?
6. Why does Ford get into a fight with an out-of-state salesman?
7. How does President Don Jorge Balserio die?
8. How does Ford react to the partying the doctors are doing on the other side of the water?
9. Who is Bernstein and how does Ford convince Bernstein to partner with him?
10. What package is waiting for Ford at the American Embassy the day after he leaves the Presidential Palace?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)