|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day do Ford and Tomlinson leave Costa Rica for Masagua?
(b) 4:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 am.
2. What does Tomlinson call Ford as a nickname?
3. Which of the following dances do the Mayan people partake in while Ford and Tomlinson watch from the hotel?
(a) The Dance of Fertility.
(b) The Dance of Conquest.
(c) The Dance of Rain.
(d) The Dance of Harvest.
4. Which of the following crimes did most of the men in the prison camp commit leading to their incarcerations?
(c) The men did not commit any crimes.
5. What does Ford search the land surrounding the prison camp for, hoping to extract some poison from it?
6. How was God's Eye Lake moved from one location to another?
(a) By man - one bucket at a time.
(b) By an earthquake.
(c) By the hand of God.
(d) The lake has never moved.
7. When Ford leaves to search for Zacul in the morning, how many armed soldiers does Riviera send along with him?
8. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
9. What is the name of the song the three-piece jazz band plays at the bar Ford visits with Wendy Stafford?
(a) Cotton Shoes.
(b) Silk Dress.
(c) Satin Doll.
(d) Plaid Pajamas.
10. Which of the following statements does not describe Zacul in Ford's first impression of him?
(a) He is glassy eyed.
(b) He shifts his weight from foot to foot.
(c) He repeatedly clears his throat.
(d) He taps his fingers incessantly.
11. What city does Zacul try to escape to when he realizes that Ford is after Jake?
(b) Santa Teresa.
(c) Mal Pais.
12. How far is Masagua from General Riviera's home?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 150 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
13. Which of the following precious gems erupts from the water when Zacul's boat explodes?
14. Which of the following men was sent to Zacul's prison for selling vegatables?
15. What does Ford use to cut the meat he prepares for Zacul and his men?
(a) Clam shells.
(b) A machete.
(c) A sharp stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ford watch pee upon drunks in the Mayan streets?
2. How are Tomlinson and Ford transported to Zacul's prison camp?
3. What is the name of the group of rebel soldiers in Masagua?
4. How long was Ford in a coma before he woke up?
5. In what room of the house does Ford see Hollins making love to Jessica?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)