|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford order Tomlinson to collect by the river so as not to arouse suspicion?
2. What is the name of the goddess the Mayan people believe Pilar has been reincarnated as?
3. What is the maximum number of beers Ford will drink in one day?
4. Who is the first person Ford sees after waking from his blackout?
5. Which of the following symptoms does not affect Zacul as he is fighting against the poisons in his system?
(a) His pupils dialate.
(b) His breathing grows shallow.
(c) His hands shake.
(d) His tongue swells.
6. How does Helen Hollins react when Ford shows up at her doorstep?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
7. What does Ford search the land surrounding the prison camp for, hoping to extract some poison from it?
8. How are Tomlinson and Ford transported to Zacul's prison camp?
(a) On foot.
(b) In the trunk of a car.
(c) By truck.
(d) On horseback.
9. What does Ford hit Hollins in the face with as he exits Jessica's house?
(a) His fist.
(b) A shell.
(c) A tire iron.
(d) A shoe.
10. Which of the following sports teams did Riviera once hear drafted Fidel Castro?
(a) The Mets.
(b) The Packers.
(c) The Redskins.
(d) The Giants.
11. How long was Ford in a coma before he woke up?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
12. How does General Zacul die?
(a) He is shot by Ford.
(b) He is eaten alive by sharks.
(c) He is drowned in the boat crash.
(d) He is poisoned after eating deadly fish.
13. Which of the following statements does not describe Zacul in Ford's first impression of him?
(a) He taps his fingers incessantly.
(b) He shifts his weight from foot to foot.
(c) He is glassy eyed.
(d) He repeatedly clears his throat.
14. What does Ford use to build a small fort, hoping to attract Jake's attention?
15. Which of the following confessions does Pilar not make to Ford when she visits him in hospital?
(a) That she killed her husband.
(b) That she is pregnant with his child.
(c) That she arranged his arrest in Managua.
(d) That she is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color clothes is Ford's nurse wearing when he wakes up from his coma?
2. How big is Zacul's escape boat?
3. In what room of the house does Ford see Hollins making love to Jessica?
4. What does Ford use to cut the meat he prepares for Zacul and his men?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldiers that were in charge of guarding Tomlinson and Ford during their transportation?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)