|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the massive aristocratic house with wrought iron fences?
(a) The Sanibel Flat.
(b) The Box of Pandora.
(c) The Tiger's Eye.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
2. What is the name of Zacul's private chef?
3. What type of building is the injured Ford held in while he recuperates in Managua?
(a) A motel.
(b) A convent.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
4. What is the name of the goddess the Mayan people believe Pilar has been reincarnated as?
5. Which of the following sports is Riviera obsessed with?
6. What city does Zacul try to escape to when he realizes that Ford is after Jake?
(a) Mal Pais.
(c) Santa Teresa.
7. What animal does Ford watch pee upon drunks in the Mayan streets?
8. What gift does Ford promise to give Zacul, which makes Zacul very excited?
(a) A woman.
(b) A gemstone.
(c) A book.
(d) A gun.
9. Who gives Ford a run-down of the histories of each of Zacul's prisoners?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) An artist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A physician.
10. How many people show up for Hollins's funeral?
(a) Nineteen people.
(b) Nine hundred people.
(c) Nine people.
(d) Ninety people.
11. How far is Masagua from General Riviera's home?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 150 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
12. Who does Jake Hollins stay with after being returned to America?
(a) With Ford.
(b) With his mother.
(c) With his grandparents.
(d) With his uncle.
13. What is the name of the song the three-piece jazz band plays at the bar Ford visits with Wendy Stafford?
(a) Silk Dress.
(b) Cotton Shoes.
(c) Plaid Pajamas.
(d) Satin Doll.
14. What is General Riviera's first name?
15. Which of the following crimes did most of the men in the prison camp commit leading to their incarcerations?
(c) The men did not commit any crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of Indian is Creno?
2. How are Tomlinson and Ford transported to Zacul's prison camp?
3. Which of the following characters does not leave a note for Jake in his home, waiting for when he returns to Sanibel?
4. Which of the following dances do the Mayan people partake in while Ford and Tomlinson watch from the hotel?
5. What sound is overwhelming in Ford's ears as he is speaking with Riviera about Zacul?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)