|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following symptoms does not affect Zacul as he is fighting against the poisons in his system?
(a) His pupils dialate.
(b) His breathing grows shallow.
(c) His tongue swells.
(d) His hands shake.
2. What reason does Ford give his interrogators as to why he is in Masagua?
(a) He claims he is smuggling art.
(b) He claims he is searching for a missing boy.
(c) He claims he is taking photographs.
(d) He claims he is researching religions.
3. What is the name of Zacul's private chef?
4. Who is in charge of transporting Hollins's ashes?
(a) Hollins' brother.
(b) Hollins' mother.
(c) Hollins' ex-wife
5. What type of Indian is Creno?
(a) Zambo Indian.
(b) Siknis Indian.
(c) Miskito Indian.
(d) Garifuna Indian.
6. What does Wendy Stafford do for a living?
(a) She is an investigator for the CIA.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a bartender.
7. What religion does Shuso follow?
8. Which of the following statements does not describe Zacul in Ford's first impression of him?
(a) He is glassy eyed.
(b) He repeatedly clears his throat.
(c) He shifts his weight from foot to foot.
(d) He taps his fingers incessantly.
9. What type of sauce does Ford prepare to hide the taste of poison in his food?
10. At what time of day do Ford and Tomlinson leave Costa Rica for Masagua?
(c) 8:00 am.
(d) 4:00 pm.
11. What does Ford search the land surrounding the prison camp for, hoping to extract some poison from it?
12. Which of the following characters confronts Ford about his relationship with Dr. Braun-Richards?
13. What does Tomlinson call Ford as a nickname?
14. Which of the following characters does not leave a note for Jake in his home, waiting for when he returns to Sanibel?
(a) Dr. Braun-Richards.
15. How many boats does Ford own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford use to cut the meat he prepares for Zacul and his men?
2. What is the name of the goddess the Mayan people believe Pilar has been reincarnated as?
3. What sound is overwhelming in Ford's ears as he is speaking with Riviera about Zacul?
4. How do Ford and Tomlinson travel from Riviera's home to Masagua?
5. What type of car does Ford drive?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)