|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ford watch pee upon drunks in the Mayan streets?
2. What type of building is the injured Ford held in while he recuperates in Managua?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A motel.
(c) A convent.
(d) A school.
3. What reason does Ford give his interrogators as to why he is in Masagua?
(a) He claims he is taking photographs.
(b) He claims he is researching religions.
(c) He claims he is searching for a missing boy.
(d) He claims he is smuggling art.
4. Which of the following items is not something General Riviera offers to Ford immediately after seeing him?
(a) A nice meal.
(b) A woman.
(c) A glass of whiskey.
(d) A warm bath.
5. What sound is overwhelming in Ford's ears as he is speaking with Riviera about Zacul?
(a) Birds chirping.
(b) Frogs croacking.
(c) Flies buzzing.
(d) Monkeys howling.
6. What is the name of the goddess the Mayan people believe Pilar has been reincarnated as?
7. How does Riviera react when Ford asks him for help tracking down Zacul?
(a) He ignores Ford.
(b) He accepts Ford's offer.
(c) Heh punches Ford.
(d) He denies Ford.
8. What does Rivera call Tomlinson based on his first impression of Ford's traveling partner?
(a) A spy.
(b) A child.
(c) A geriatric.
(d) A hippie.
9. What is the name of the group of rebel soldiers in Masagua?
(a) The Shining Path.
(b) The Good Earth.
(c) The Silver Star.
(d) The Raging Waters.
10. How far is Masagua from General Riviera's home?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
11. Which of the following characters spends his days studying calendar glyphs.
12. What color clothes is Ford's nurse wearing when he wakes up from his coma?
13. At what time of day does the interrogation of Tomlinson and Ford finally end?
(a) 7:00 pm.
(b) 3:30 pm.
(c) 12:00 am.
(d) 4:30 am.
14. How big is Zacul's escape boat?
(a) 14-feet long.
(b) 18-feet long.
(c) 22-feet long.
(d) 10-feet long.
15. How are Tomlinson and Ford transported to Zacul's prison camp?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By truck.
(c) On foot.
(d) In the trunk of a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song the three-piece jazz band plays at the bar Ford visits with Wendy Stafford?
2. How long was Ford in a coma before he woke up?
3. When Ford leaves to search for Zacul in the morning, how many armed soldiers does Riviera send along with him?
4. What sound does Ford hear in the distance as he is trying to give medical attention to Zacul?
5. Who used to bring Ford sharks-teeth when he was living in Tambor?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)