|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the goddess the Mayan people believe Pilar has been reincarnated as?
2. What overwhelming emotion does Tomlinson feel after his interrogation?
3. What does Rivera call Tomlinson based on his first impression of Ford's traveling partner?
(a) A spy.
(b) A child.
(c) A geriatric.
(d) A hippie.
4. Which of the following symptoms does not affect Zacul as he is fighting against the poisons in his system?
(a) His breathing grows shallow.
(b) His tongue swells.
(c) His pupils dialate.
(d) His hands shake.
5. How does Riviera react when Ford asks him for help tracking down Zacul?
(a) He denies Ford.
(b) He accepts Ford's offer.
(c) Heh punches Ford.
(d) He ignores Ford.
6. What type of building is the injured Ford held in while he recuperates in Managua?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A convent.
(d) A motel.
7. What color are the uniforms the soldiers who abduct Ford are wearing?
8. What type of Indian is Creno?
(a) Zambo Indian.
(b) Siknis Indian.
(c) Miskito Indian.
(d) Garifuna Indian.
9. What type of sauce does Ford prepare to hide the taste of poison in his food?
10. How many people show up for Hollins's funeral?
(a) Nine people.
(b) Ninety people.
(c) Nine hundred people.
(d) Nineteen people.
11. At what time of day do Ford and Tomlinson leave Costa Rica for Masagua?
(b) 8:00 am.
(d) 4:00 pm.
12. What does Ford use to build a small fort, hoping to attract Jake's attention?
13. What sound is overwhelming in Ford's ears as he is speaking with Riviera about Zacul?
(a) Flies buzzing.
(b) Monkeys howling.
(c) Frogs croacking.
(d) Birds chirping.
14. How are Tomlinson and Ford transported to Zacul's prison camp?
(a) In the trunk of a car.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By truck.
(d) On foot.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldiers that were in charge of guarding Tomlinson and Ford during their transportation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the vase Hollins's ashes are stored in?
2. What is the name of the massive aristocratic house with wrought iron fences?
3. What is the name of the drug dealer Bernstein believes has Jake Hollins?
4. Which of the following confessions does Pilar not make to Ford when she visits him in hospital?
5. What is the maximum number of beers Ford will drink in one day?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)