|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song the three-piece jazz band plays at the bar Ford visits with Wendy Stafford?
(a) Silk Dress.
(b) Plaid Pajamas.
(c) Cotton Shoes.
(d) Satin Doll.
2. What does Rivera call Tomlinson based on his first impression of Ford's traveling partner?
(a) A spy.
(b) A hippie.
(c) A geriatric.
(d) A child.
3. How do Ford and Tomlinson travel from Riviera's home to Masagua?
(a) By train.
(b) On foot.
(c) By car.
(d) On horseback.
4. What does Ford use to cut the meat he prepares for Zacul and his men?
(a) Clam shells.
(b) A machete.
(d) A sharp stick.
5. Which of the following characters does not leave a note for Jake in his home, waiting for when he returns to Sanibel?
(b) Dr. Braun-Richards.
6. Which of the following symptoms does not affect Zacul as he is fighting against the poisons in his system?
(a) His tongue swells.
(b) His pupils dialate.
(c) His hands shake.
(d) His breathing grows shallow.
7. What does Tomlinson call Ford as a nickname?
8. What does Wendy Stafford do for a living?
(a) She is a bartender.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is an investigator for the CIA.
9. Which of the following dances do the Mayan people partake in while Ford and Tomlinson watch from the hotel?
(a) The Dance of Conquest.
(b) The Dance of Rain.
(c) The Dance of Harvest.
(d) The Dance of Fertility.
10. What does Ford search the land surrounding the prison camp for, hoping to extract some poison from it?
11. What is the name of Hollins's older brother?
12. In what room of the house does Ford see Hollins making love to Jessica?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the kitchen.
13. Where does Hollins's family request to have Hollins's ashes scattered?
(a) By the Empire State Building.
(b) Off a mountaintop.
(c) In the sea.
(d) In an open field.
14. How does General Zacul die?
(a) He is shot by Ford.
(b) He is poisoned after eating deadly fish.
(c) He is eaten alive by sharks.
(d) He is drowned in the boat crash.
15. What is the name of the drug dealer Bernstein believes has Jake Hollins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the massive aristocratic house with wrought iron fences?
2. What is General Riviera's first name?
3. How old is Julius Zacul?
4. Which of the following items is not something General Riviera offers to Ford immediately after seeing him?
5. How far is Masagua from General Riviera's home?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)