|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does General Zacul die?
(a) He is poisoned after eating deadly fish.
(b) He is drowned in the boat crash.
(c) He is shot by Ford.
(d) He is eaten alive by sharks.
2. What is the name of Hollins's older brother?
3. Who is the first person Ford sees after waking from his blackout?
4. Who does Jake Hollins stay with after being returned to America?
(a) With Ford.
(b) With his grandparents.
(c) With his mother.
(d) With his uncle.
5. In what room of the house does Ford see Hollins making love to Jessica?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
6. What gift does Ford promise to give Zacul, which makes Zacul very excited?
(a) A book.
(b) A gemstone.
(c) A gun.
(d) A woman.
7. Which of the following sports teams did Riviera once hear drafted Fidel Castro?
(a) The Mets.
(b) The Giants.
(c) The Redskins.
(d) The Packers.
8. What color are the uniforms the soldiers who abduct Ford are wearing?
9. Which of the following characters spends his days studying calendar glyphs.
10. Which of the following statements does not describe Zacul in Ford's first impression of him?
(a) He shifts his weight from foot to foot.
(b) He repeatedly clears his throat.
(c) He taps his fingers incessantly.
(d) He is glassy eyed.
11. What is the name of the song the three-piece jazz band plays at the bar Ford visits with Wendy Stafford?
(a) Plaid Pajamas.
(b) Cotton Shoes.
(c) Satin Doll.
(d) Silk Dress.
12. What reason does Ford give his interrogators as to why he is in Masagua?
(a) He claims he is searching for a missing boy.
(b) He claims he is smuggling art.
(c) He claims he is researching religions.
(d) He claims he is taking photographs.
13. What type of building is the injured Ford held in while he recuperates in Managua?
(a) A motel.
(b) A convent.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
14. Who gives Ford a run-down of the histories of each of Zacul's prisoners?
(a) An artist.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A physician.
15. How does Riviera know Zacul?
(a) Zacul was once Riviera's student.
(b) Zacul was once Riviera's teacher.
(c) Zacul was once Riviera's neighbor.
(d) Zacul was once Riviera's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Riviera's first name?
2. What does Ford use to cut the meat he prepares for Zacul and his men?
3. What does Ford hit Hollins in the face with as he exits Jessica's house?
4. What meat does Ford prepare for Zacul for their celebratory dinner?
5. Who is in charge of transporting Hollins's ashes?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)