|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the out-of-state partiers Ford listens to across the water do for a living?
(a) They are doctors.
(b) They are students.
(c) They are policemen.
(d) They are lawyers.
2. What color are the tassels the police wear in Masagua?
3. Which of the following facts is not true about Donald Cheng?
(a) He smokes cigarettes.
(b) He weighs 200 pounds.
(c) He drinks wine from the bottle.
(d) He is 5'8" tall.
4. What is the name of the Masaguan Lake Ford knows of that is infested with aggressive freshwater sharks?
(a) God's Head Lake.
(b) God's Hands Lake.
(c) God's Heart Lake.
(d) God's Eye Lake.
5. How old was Hollins when he died?
6. What sport does the medical examiner who inspected Hollins's body play?
7. Where did Balserio send PIlar when he heard she was in love with Ford?
(a) To prison.
(b) To a boarding school.
(c) To a convent.
(d) To her mother's house.
8. Which of the following individuals does Ford not request a background check of from the Operations Data Board of National Security Affairs?
(a) Jessica McClure.
(b) Mario DeArmond.
(d) Rafe Hollins.
9. What type of beverage does Ford offer to Tomlinson after their dinner together?
10. What type of music does Jessica enjoy listening to?
(a) Rock and roll.
(c) Blues and jazz.
11. What color is a tarpon?
12. At what time of day does Ford exit the Presidential Palace?
(a) At ten-o-clock am.
(b) At eight-o-clock pm.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At noon.
13. Which of the following awards was Hollins awarded for his baseball career in high school?
(a) The Gold Medallion.
(b) The Purple Heart.
(c) The Blue Ribbon.
(d) The Silver Star.
14. Who was Ford's replacement in Costa Rica when he left his business there?
15. Which of the following animals does Ford swim with in an attempt to ease the pain in his body from the fight?
(a) A manitee.
(b) An otter.
(c) A shark.
(d) A sea lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area of science does Ford study?
2. How does Dr. Marion Ford exit the Presidential Palace in the prologue of the novel?
3. What does Jessica do for a living?
4. How many copies of the Kin Qux Cho are known?
5. According to the narrator, what decade does Tomlinson look like he just walked out of?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)