|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does the old man outside the Presidential Palace speak?
2. What type of trees line the shore near the marina?
3. Which of the following awards was Hollins awarded for his baseball career in high school?
(a) The Silver Star.
(b) The Gold Medallion.
(c) The Purple Heart.
(d) The Blue Ribbon.
4. Which of the following artifacts does Ford not keep in his study?
(a) An ant farm.
(b) A jade amulet.
(c) A small parrot's head.
(d) Unborn sharks.
5. What is the name of Jessica's ex-boyfriend?
6. In what American State does Ford settle down in after leaving Masagua?
7. According to the narrator, how much does Melsinki weigh?
(a) 370 pounds.
(b) 220 pounds.
(c) 140 pounds.
(d) 410 pounds.
8. What time does Ford go to bed and notice that Jessica's porch light is still on?
(a) 4:00 am.
(b) 1:00 am.
(c) 2:00 am.
(d) 3:00 am.
9. What is Major Durell's first name?
10. What type of beer did Hollins purchase at the 7-11 before he died?
(a) Labatts Blue.
(d) Miller High Life.
11. What type of music does Jessica enjoy listening to?
(a) Rock and roll.
(d) Blues and jazz.
12. In what Central American country did Ford and Hollins run into each other recently?
(a) Costa Rica.
13. What is the name of Ford's old friend who works for the Operations Data Board of National Security Affairs?
(a) Betty Crocker.
(b) Joan Rivers.
(c) Sally Field.
(d) Martha Stewart.
14. Which of the following things did Hollins not ask Ford for when they ran into each other in Central America?
(a) A job.
(b) A loan.
(c) To borrow a pair of shoes.
15. Which of the following types of aquatic animal does Ford keep in a tank on his porch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
2. How does Dr. Marion Ford exit the Presidential Palace in the prologue of the novel?
3. What neighborhood in Manhattan did Jessica live and work in during her time in the city?
4. What did Tomlinson get his college degree in?
5. How many copies of the Kin Qux Cho are known?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)