|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford purchase from the old man outside the Presidential Palace?
2. Where did Balserio send PIlar when he heard she was in love with Ford?
(a) To a boarding school.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) To a convent.
(d) To prison.
3. What type of airplane does Ford fly home in?
4. What color are clam worms?
5. What does Jessica do for a living?
(a) She is a dancer.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is an artist.
(d) She is a construction worker.
6. How does Dr. Marion Ford exit the Presidential Palace in the prologue of the novel?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through an underground tunnel.
7. Which of the following countries is McKinley interested in and subscribes to a magazine about?
(b) New Zealand.
8. How long have Hollins and Ford known each other?
(a) Since middle school.
(b) Since elementary school.
(c) Since college.
(d) Since high school.
9. What is the name of the friend Ford sends to Manhattan to investigate Jessica's art show?
(a) Major Durell.
(b) Donald Cheng.
(c) Jethro Nicholes.
(d) Captain Lewis.
10. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
11. Which of the following men is captain of the Florida Department of Criminal Law?
(a) Captain Jones.
(b) Captisn Smith.
(c) Captain Lewis.
(d) Captain Golds.
12. Which member of Hollins's family has gone missing, prompting his phone call to Ford?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
13. What type of sandwich does Ford regularly order from the marina?
(a) Fried shrimp.
(b) Fried catfish.
(c) Fried salmon.
(d) Fried conch.
14. What neighborhood in Manhattan did Jessica live and work in during her time in the city?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Alphabet City.
(c) Park Slope.
15. What county is the marina in?
(a) Fadiman County.
(b) Everglade County.
(c) Goss County.
(d) Abbott County.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the names in Hollins's address book does Ford recognize?
2. What article of clothing is Ford missing when he exits the Presidential Palace?
3. What time does Ford go to bed and notice that Jessica's porch light is still on?
4. What type of music does Jessica enjoy listening to?
5. Who put together the package for Ford that is waiting for him at the embassy?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)