|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the names in Hollins's address book does Ford recognize?
2. What country is Ford from?
3. What type of bird does Ford see in the sky that reminds him of his friend, Hollins?
4. Which of the following ailments does Jethro suffer from?
(a) He has a stutter.
(b) He has poor hearing.
(c) He has crossed eyes.
(d) He has a limp.
5. Where does Jessica's ex-boyfriend live in when he's not visiting her?
6. Which of the following animals does Ford swim with in an attempt to ease the pain in his body from the fight?
(a) An otter.
(b) A shark.
(c) A manitee.
(d) A sea lion.
7. What type of sharks live at the marina near Ford's house?
(a) Great white sharks.
(b) Nurse sharks.
(c) Hammerhead sharks.
(d) Bull sharks.
8. What is the name of the friend Ford sends to Manhattan to investigate Jessica's art show?
(a) Donald Cheng.
(b) Captain Lewis.
(c) Major Durell.
(d) Jethro Nicholes.
9. Who was Hollins's ex-wife having an affair with during their divorce trial?
(a) The judge.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The governor.
(d) The mayor.
10. According to the narrator, what decade does Tomlinson look like he just walked out of?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1950s.
11. Which member of Hollins's family has gone missing, prompting his phone call to Ford?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
12. Which of the following artifacts does Ford not keep in his study?
(a) Unborn sharks.
(b) An ant farm.
(c) A small parrot's head.
(d) A jade amulet.
13. How does Ford hear about Masagua President Don Jorge Balserio's death?
(a) Through the newspaper.
(b) Through the internet.
(c) Through a phone call.
(d) Through a friend.
14. What color is a tarpon?
15. How long have Hollins and Ford known each other?
(a) Since elementary school.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since middle school.
(d) Since college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area of science does Ford study?
2. What type of doctor is Dr. Sheri Braun-Richards?
3. How many times does Hollins call Ford before finally reaching him at the marina?
4. What do the out-of-state partiers Ford listens to across the water do for a living?
5. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)