|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is McKinley interested in and subscribes to a magazine about?
(d) New Zealand.
2. What type of sharks live at the marina near Ford's house?
(a) Hammerhead sharks.
(b) Nurse sharks.
(c) Bull sharks.
(d) Great white sharks.
3. What do the out-of-state partiers Ford listens to across the water do for a living?
(a) They are doctors.
(b) They are students.
(c) They are policemen.
(d) They are lawyers.
4. What does Ford ship to science classrooms for his business?
5. What did Tomlinson get his college degree in?
(a) Western religions.
(b) Nothern religions.
(c) Eastern religions.
(d) Southern religions.
6. What type of airplane does Ford fly home in?
7. How old was Jake Hollins when he was kidnapped?
8. What emotion does Ford feel when he thinks about his friend, Hollins?
9. Where did Balserio send PIlar when he heard she was in love with Ford?
(a) To her mother's house.
(b) To prison.
(c) To a boarding school.
(d) To a convent.
10. Which of the following awards was Hollins awarded for his baseball career in high school?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) The Silver Star.
(c) The Gold Medallion.
(d) The Blue Ribbon.
11. What is the name of the friend Ford sends to Manhattan to investigate Jessica's art show?
(a) Major Durell.
(b) Jethro Nicholes.
(c) Donald Cheng.
(d) Captain Lewis.
12. How many of the names in Hollins's address book does Ford recognize?
13. What does Ford eat for dinner the day after Hollins dies?
(a) Black beans.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Peanut butter and jelly.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
14. According to the narrator, what decade does Tomlinson look like he just walked out of?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1970s.
15. Which of the following facts is not true about Donald Cheng?
(a) He smokes cigarettes.
(b) He drinks wine from the bottle.
(c) He weighs 200 pounds.
(d) He is 5'8" tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides English, what language does Ford speak?
2. How old was Pilar when she married Balserio?
3. What type of trees line the shore near the marina?
4. What type of house pet does Jessica keep?
5. In what century was the Presidential Palace built?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)