|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabbath not want to be buried next to Drenka?
2. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
3. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
4. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
5. During which of the following months was Morty killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabbath locate the cemetery where his parents are buried?
2. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
3. What does Rosa give Sabbath hoping that he will not kill her?
4. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
5. Why does Sabbath think that Norman and Linc chose to produce his show?
6. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
7. How does Norman react to Sabbath when he first sees him again?
8. Why was Sabbath escorted off the grounds by security when he went to visit Roseanna at the psychiatric hospital?
9. When Rosa arrives, what is Sabbath's excuse for the mess that he has made with Deborah's clothes?
10. What does Sabbath notice in Fish's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is obvious that Sabbath has a deep-seated hatred and lack of respect for women. How are his feelings displayed throughout the novel? Which interactions best reflect his feelings about women in general? Are there any exceptions to the rule, or women whom he respects, despite of their sex? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Sabbath has been married twice: to Nikki, and then to Roseanna. What qualities do his two wives have in common? What attracted them to Sabbath? What attracted Sabbath to them? Why did Sabbath choose to marry them, despite the fact that he seems incapable of love? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Sabbath describes his time on the "Romance Run" as some of the best years of his life. How did participating in the "Romance Run" at such an impressionable age affect Sabbath's personal development? Why? Would the "Romance Run" have had less of an impact on Sabbath if he had participated in it at a less crucial time in his personal development? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)