|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
2. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
3. One of the patients at the hospital where Roseanna was staying referred to Sabbath by the name of which of the following gods?
4. How is Norman described when Sabbath sees him?
5. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are a few pages of Part 6 written without punctuation?
2. What is contained in the note that Norman leaves on the table for Sabbath on the first morning of his stay?
3. In Part 8, why does Sabbath go to the cemetery?
4. Who was Helen Trumbull?
5. How does Norman react to Sabbath when he first sees him again?
6. What was the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job at the college?
7. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
8. What does Sabbath notice in Fish's house?
9. What did Roseanna do when she found out about the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job?
10. Why does Sabbath think that Norman and Linc chose to produce his show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christa and Drenka are both in similar situations when Sabbath meets them. What enables Sabbath to take advantage of them? How does each woman react to Sabbath? Why do they react differently? What makes them both attractive to Sabbath? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
When Sabbath leaves home, Roseanna gets over him fairly quickly. In fact, within a few days' time, she has a new companion. Why are Roseanna and Christa attracted to one another? What is Christa able to provide, that Sabbath could not? What does that tell the reader about Roseanna's feelings for Sabbath? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Sabbath describes his time on the "Romance Run" as some of the best years of his life. How did participating in the "Romance Run" at such an impressionable age affect Sabbath's personal development? Why? Would the "Romance Run" have had less of an impact on Sabbath if he had participated in it at a less crucial time in his personal development? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)