|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabbath dislike about Roseanna attending Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) group meetings?
2. Why did Barrett stop speaking to Drenka before her death?
3. What did Sabbath and Ron do together?
4. Who is Roseanna?
5. Who only spoke to Nikki a handful of times, despite Sabbath's efforts to get them to talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabbath make the decision to leave Roseanna?
2. How did Sabbath meet Christa?
3. What profession does Sabbath think that he should have chosen in Part 3?
4. How did Nikki handle her mother's death?
5. What event ended in Sabbath's arrest?
6. Why does Sabbath live off of Roseanna's salary?
7. What happened at Sabbath's trial?
8. How is Sabbath described in Part 1?
9. What torments Sabbath after Drenka's death?
10. What was the "Romance Run"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sabbath didn't want a faithful, exclusive relationship with Drenka when she was alive, but he was tortured by jealousy after she died. What did her death change? Why did his attitude change so much? Why was he unwilling to admit to Drenka that he was already being faithful to her? Was his explanation, that no other women wanted him, accurate? Or was he just refusing to admit that he was being faithful by choice? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Michelle repeatedly asks Sabbath why he always pushes people away. Does he ever answer her? Does he know the answer himself? Why or why not? What might be some reasons why Sabbath is so antisocial? Does he just not know how to interact with people? Is it because he is incapable of empathy? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Sabbath has been married twice: to Nikki, and then to Roseanna. What qualities do his two wives have in common? What attracted them to Sabbath? What attracted Sabbath to them? Why did Sabbath choose to marry them, despite the fact that he seems incapable of love? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)