|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lincoln ("Linc") Gelman?
(a) Sabbath's long-time friend.
(b) Sabbath's nephew.
(c) One of Drenka's lovers.
(d) Roseanna's cousin.
2. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
(a) She accuses Sabbath of not wanting to pay for a nice funeral because he is Jewish and cheap.
(b) She says that it is cold of the Jews to bury their dead so quickly.
(c) She makes fun of Sabbath for wearing a yarmulke during the funeral.
(d) She says that her mother died heartbroken because Nikki married a Jew.
3. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
(a) His mother.
(b) His stillborn sister.
(c) His father.
4. How does Sabbath feel now that Drenka is dead?
(a) He is tortured by the memories of the other men with whom she slept .
(b) He is relieved that he is no longer in danger of being discovered.
(c) He is upset that he no longer has an outlet for his libido.
(d) He is depressed and suicidal, because he realizes that he never told her how much he loved her.
5. Why does Sabbath think that he should have been a pimp instead of a puppet master?
(a) Because he would have been able to make more money as a pimp.
(b) Because both professions manipulate objects for the amusement of others.
(c) Because he feels that being a puppeteer is degrading.
(d) Because he realizes that he does not possess puppeteering talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Christa say to Sabbath the last time she saw him?
2. For which of the following crimes was Sabbath arrested in 1956?
3. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
4. Who is Matthew?
5. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what occasion did Sabbath first see Matija in public?
2. What profession does Sabbath think that he should have chosen in Part 3?
3. Why did Sabbath choose to leave New York?
4. What was the "Romance Run"?
5. Why does Norman Cowan call Sabbath at the beginning of Part 3?
6. What happened between Sabbath, Drenka, and Christa?
7. How does Sabbath make the decision to leave Roseanna?
8. What are some of the reasons that are detailed in Part 3 about Sabbath and his wife "hating" one another?
9. At the end of Part 2, who does Sabbath encounter at Drenka's grave?
10. What transpired between Drenka and Barrett shortly before Drenka's death?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)