|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(d) New York City.
2. What was Sabbath's mother always doing?
3. Why did Sabbath stop directing?
(a) Because he was not allowed to make the radical changes that he wanted to make.
(b) Because too many actors refused to work with him.
(c) Because he lost his job by spending all of his time searching for Nikki.
(d) Because it was not exciting without Nikki as his leading lady.
4. In Part 2, what does Sabbath say to Drenka's ghost while he is at her grave?
(a) He blames her for his marital troubles.
(b) He reveals his plot to kill Matija.
(c) He proposes marriage to her.
(d) He tells her that he loves her, and wishes that he had told her so.
5. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
(a) His father.
(b) His stillborn sister.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drenka suddenly want Sabbath to agree to be monogamous to her?
2. How does Sabbath respond when Roseanna demands to know why he stayed with her when she was a drunk?
3. What surprised Matija enough to cause him to end his conversation with Sabbath?
4. How long has it been since Nikki disappeared?
5. What attracted Drenka to her husband, Matija?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Drenka initially attracted to her husband, Matija?
2. Why does Norman Cowan call Sabbath at the beginning of Part 3?
3. In what political environment was Drenka raised?
4. What are some of the reasons that are detailed in Part 3 about Sabbath and his wife "hating" one another?
5. Why does Drenka after so long, suddenly demand that Sabbath be faithful to her?
6. How does Sabbath make the decision to leave Roseanna?
7. On what occasion did Sabbath first see Matija in public?
8. What role did Roseanna play in Sabbath's puppet theater?
9. What ultimatum is issued at the beginning of Part 1?
10. What caused Matija to end his encounter with Sabbath abruptly, but politely?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)