|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(a) New York City.
2. At the end of Part 3, who is at Drenka's grave when Sabbath arrives there?
3. How does Nikki respond to her mother's death initially?
(a) She is in denial, and stays with the corpse.
(b) She is overwhelmed with emotion, and has a nervous breakdown.
(c) She is in shock, and displays no emotion.
(d) She does not show much emotion because she and her mother had not been close.
4. In Part 3, what does Sabbath notice about his wife's looks?
(a) That she has aged dramatically.
(b) That she looks younger than him.
(c) That she has regained her good-looks since she has stopped drinking.
(d) That she does not possess fashion sense.
5. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
(a) His father.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the ultimatum issued to Sabbath?
2. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
3. Why was Sabbath attracted to Roseanna?
4. Why does Sabbath think that he should have been a pimp instead of a puppet master?
5. What did Sabbath and Ron do together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sabbath choose to leave New York?
2. What are some of the reasons that are detailed in Part 3 about Sabbath and his wife "hating" one another?
3. What transpired between Drenka and Barrett shortly before Drenka's death?
4. What happened between Sabbath, Drenka, and Christa?
5. How did Nikki handle her mother's death?
6. What caused Matija to end his encounter with Sabbath abruptly, but politely?
7. What does the spirit of Sabbath's mother say to him at the end of Part 4?
8. Why did Sabbath quit directing?
9. On what occasion did Sabbath first see Matija in public?
10. At the end of Part 2, who does Sabbath encounter at Drenka's grave?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)