|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath begin to second-guess his decision to leave Roseanna?
(a) He needs money and medical insurance.
(b) She is the only person left who cares about him.
(c) He does not like the idea of change.
(d) He realizes how much he cares about her.
2. What happened to Sabbath's mother when Morty died?
(a) She disappeared.
(b) She spent all of her time on the boardwalk, talking to her dead son.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was hospitalized after having suffered a nervous breakdown.
3. Which of the following is the ultimatum issued to Sabbath?
(a) To stop gambling, or he will be involuntarily committed.
(b) To be faithful, or their relationship will end.
(c) To get a job, or they will be divorced.
(d) To stop drinking, or move out.
4. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki committed suicide?
(a) Because she talked about killing herself a lot before she disappeared.
(b) Because the character she played committed suicide.
(c) Because she was depressed before her disappearance.
(d) Because her wounds appeared to be self-inflicted to Sabbath, despite the ruling that it was a murder.
5. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
(a) Because he does not want to take a chance on impregnating a younger woman.
(b) Because at his age, other women no longer desire him.
(c) Because he loves her more than he is willing to admit.
(d) Because he has been impotent for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
2. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
3. Who is Christa?
4. For which of the following crimes was Sabbath arrested in 1956?
5. At the end of Part 3, who is at Drenka's grave when Sabbath arrives there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Matija to end his encounter with Sabbath abruptly, but politely?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what happens at Drenka's grave?
3. How did Sabbath meet Christa?
4. Why does Drenka after so long, suddenly demand that Sabbath be faithful to her?
5. Why is Drenka unable to discuss Matthew's career with Matija?
6. What happened at Sabbath's trial?
7. What was the "Romance Run"?
8. In what political environment was Drenka raised?
9. At the end of Part 2, who does Sabbath encounter at Drenka's grave?
10. What profession does Sabbath think that he should have chosen in Part 3?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)