|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
(a) Drenka was unhappy, and the prostitute was angry.
(b) Drenka was happy, but the prostitute was not.
(c) Scott was angry, and Drenka was crying.
(d) All three of them enjoyed themselves.
2. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
(a) Sleep with other men and tell him the details.
(b) Run away with him to another country.
(c) Leave her husband and marry him.
(d) Have his child.
3. How do the people at Linc's office feel about what happened to him?
4. What new emotion is Sabbath experiencing at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
(a) She accuses Sabbath of not wanting to pay for a nice funeral because he is Jewish and cheap.
(b) She says that her mother died heartbroken because Nikki married a Jew.
(c) She says that it is cold of the Jews to bury their dead so quickly.
(d) She makes fun of Sabbath for wearing a yarmulke during the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following crimes was Sabbath arrested in 1956?
2. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
3. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
4. What does Sabbath think Roseanna uses as an excuse to delay leaving him?
5. Why does Roseanna hate Sabbath now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabbath live off of Roseanna's salary?
2. Why was Drenka initially attracted to her husband, Matija?
3. What role did Roseanna play in Sabbath's puppet theater?
4. What happened at Sabbath's trial?
5. What torments Sabbath after Drenka's death?
6. What transpired between Drenka and Barrett shortly before Drenka's death?
7. What ultimatum is issued at the beginning of Part 1?
8. How is Drenka described in Part 1?
9. What profession does Sabbath think that he should have chosen in Part 3?
10. How is Sabbath described in Part 1?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)