|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Matija strikes Sabbath?
(a) His physical deformities.
(b) His dignity and composure.
(c) His hostile attitude toward Sabbath.
(d) His intense sadness.
2. In what country was Drenka born?
3. What personal crisis led to Roseanna's hospital stay in 1989?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A scandal involving Sabbath and one of his students.
(d) The death of her parents.
4. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki might have disappeared?
(a) Because she wanted to be with her family.
(b) Because she wanted to fulfill her dreams of traveling in Europe.
(c) Because she was having an affair, and left to be with her lover.
(d) Because she saw him in bed with Roseanna.
5. Which of the following is the ultimatum issued to Sabbath?
(a) To stop drinking, or move out.
(b) To be faithful, or their relationship will end.
(c) To stop gambling, or he will be involuntarily committed.
(d) To get a job, or they will be divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Drenka once ask Sabbath to do for Matija?
2. At the end of Part 3, who is at Drenka's grave when Sabbath arrives there?
3. How does Sabbath recall Nikki?
4. What is Sabbath's former profession?
5. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabbath live off of Roseanna's salary?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what happens at Drenka's grave?
3. In what political environment was Drenka raised?
4. What role did Roseanna play in Sabbath's puppet theater?
5. Why does Norman Cowan call Sabbath at the beginning of Part 3?
6. Why does Drenka after so long, suddenly demand that Sabbath be faithful to her?
7. What does Sabbath like and dislike about Roseanna's participation in Alcoholics Anonymous?
8. What torments Sabbath after Drenka's death?
9. What happened between Sabbath, Drenka, and Christa?
10. Why was Drenka initially attracted to her husband, Matija?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)