|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath begin to second-guess his decision to leave Roseanna?
(a) He needs money and medical insurance.
(b) She is the only person left who cares about him.
(c) He does not like the idea of change.
(d) He realizes how much he cares about her.
2. What is Sabbath's former profession?
3. For which of the following crimes was Sabbath arrested in 1956?
(b) Corrupting a minor.
(c) Statutory rape.
(d) Public indecency.
4. What about Matija strikes Sabbath?
(a) His physical deformities.
(b) His intense sadness.
(c) His dignity and composure.
(d) His hostile attitude toward Sabbath.
5. What does Sabbath think Roseanna uses as an excuse to delay leaving him?
(a) The abuse she suffered at the hands of her father.
(b) Her lack of money and a place to go.
(c) Her fear of being alone.
(d) Her inability to function on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following forms did Christa learn in an effort to become a "true American"?
2. Why did Barrett look uncomfortable at Drenka's funeral?
3. Who is Lincoln ("Linc") Gelman?
4. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
5. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what occasion did Sabbath first see Matija in public?
2. How does Sabbath make the decision to leave Roseanna?
3. In what political environment was Drenka raised?
4. What role did Roseanna play in Sabbath's puppet theater?
5. Why does Norman Cowan call Sabbath at the beginning of Part 3?
6. What happened between Sabbath, Drenka, and Christa?
7. How is Drenka described in Part 1?
8. Why did Sabbath quit directing?
9. What does the spirit of Sabbath's mother say to him at the end of Part 4?
10. What was the "Romance Run"?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)