|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikki respond to her mother's death initially?
(a) She does not show much emotion because she and her mother had not been close.
(b) She is in denial, and stays with the corpse.
(c) She is in shock, and displays no emotion.
(d) She is overwhelmed with emotion, and has a nervous breakdown.
2. At the beginning of Part 3, who calls Sabbath to give him the news about Linc?
3. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
4. At the beginning of Part 3, what does Sabbath find out about Linc?
(a) That he has just become a father.
(b) That he has gotte married.
(c) That he has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
(d) That he has committed suicide.
5. How did Sabbath's brother, Morty, die?
(a) He had a terminal illness.
(b) He was stillborn.
(c) He was shot down in World War II.
(d) He was killed during a mugging.
6. What personal crisis led to Roseanna's hospital stay in 1989?
(a) A scandal involving Sabbath and one of his students.
(b) A miscarriage.
(c) The death of her parents.
(d) A divorce.
7. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
(a) Scott was angry, and Drenka was crying.
(b) All three of them enjoyed themselves.
(c) Drenka was unhappy, and the prostitute was angry.
(d) Drenka was happy, but the prostitute was not.
8. How does Sabbath respond when Roseanna demands to know why he stayed with her when she was a drunk?
(a) He tells her about his affair with Drenka.
(b) He pretends not to hear her.
(c) He blatantly ignores her.
(d) He tells her that he stayed because of her paychecks.
9. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki might have disappeared?
(a) Because she wanted to fulfill her dreams of traveling in Europe.
(b) Because she saw him in bed with Roseanna.
(c) Because she wanted to be with her family.
(d) Because she was having an affair, and left to be with her lover.
10. Why does Drenka suddenly want Sabbath to agree to be monogamous to her?
(a) Because she is planning to leave her husband to be with him.
(b) Because she is terminally ill.
(c) Because she is concerned about contracting a sexually transmitted illness.
(d) Because she wants to marry him.
11. According to Norman, which of the following rumors did Linc never believe about Sabbath?
(a) That Sabbath had gotten Roseanna pregnant while he was married to Nikki.
(b) That Sabbath was an alcoholic.
(c) That Sabbath had nothing to do with the disappearance of his first wife.
(d) That Sabbath had murdered someone.
12. Why did Sabbath stop directing?
(a) Because he lost his job by spending all of his time searching for Nikki.
(b) Because it was not exciting without Nikki as his leading lady.
(c) Because he was not allowed to make the radical changes that he wanted to make.
(d) Because too many actors refused to work with him.
13. In Part 3, what does Sabbath notice about his wife's looks?
(a) That she has aged dramatically.
(b) That she does not possess fashion sense.
(c) That she looks younger than him.
(d) That she has regained her good-looks since she has stopped drinking.
14. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friends.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His personality.
15. What did Christa say to Sabbath the last time she saw him?
(a) She threatened to sue him.
(b) She threatened to tell his wife about their trysts.
(c) She confessed her love for him.
(d) She accused him of exploiting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roseanna?
2. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
3. How long has it been since Nikki disappeared?
4. Why was Drenka hurt when Barrett stopped speaking to her?
5. What about Matija strikes Sabbath?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)