|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Drenka is not attracted to her husband?
(a) Because of the monogamous nature of their relationship.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because he has lost his fortune.
(d) Because of his weight.
2. Why do the embalmers get impatient with Nikki after her mother's death?
(a) Because she is not satisfied with any aspect of their work.
(b) Because she will not part with the corpse.
(c) Because she is controlling and wants them to do things that are out of the ordinary.
(d) Because she insists on overseeing every aspect of the process.
3. Why does Roseanna hate Sabbath now?
(a) He will not allow her to see his son.
(b) Because he has not touched her sexually in ten years, and is bitter about his career.
(c) He will not move with her, so that she can be closer to her family.
(d) He will not grant her a divorce.
4. Why did Sabbath want Drenka to sleep with all of his friends?
(a) Because he took pride in showing her off.
(b) Because she did not want to, and he enjoyed that.
(c) Because he enjoyed having control over her, and making her do what he wanted.
(d) Because he wanted to be sure that she met with their approval.
5. Why does Matija's story about the sympathy cards that he received after Drenka's death upset Sabbath?
(a) Because Sabbath is guilty due to Matija's genuine sadness over his wife's death.
(b) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after Drenka's death.
(c) Because Sabbath is angry on account of Matija not having known Drenka as well as he did, and does not deserve the sympathy.
(d) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after the death of his first wife, Nikki.
6. What personal crisis led to Roseanna's hospital stay in 1989?
(a) A scandal involving Sabbath and one of his students.
(b) The death of her parents.
(c) A miscarriage.
(d) A divorce.
7. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki committed suicide?
(a) Because she was depressed before her disappearance.
(b) Because the character she played committed suicide.
(c) Because her wounds appeared to be self-inflicted to Sabbath, despite the ruling that it was a murder.
(d) Because she talked about killing herself a lot before she disappeared.
8. Why does Sabbath begin to second-guess his decision to leave Roseanna?
(a) He realizes how much he cares about her.
(b) He needs money and medical insurance.
(c) She is the only person left who cares about him.
(d) He does not like the idea of change.
9. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(c) New York City.
10. What was the first thing that triggered Roseanna's hatred for Sabbath?
(a) He did not make an effort to get along with her family.
(b) He did not work, and used all of her money.
(c) He refused to have a child with her.
(d) She found out about an affair that he was having.
11. Why does Drenka suddenly want Sabbath to agree to be monogamous to her?
(a) Because she is planning to leave her husband to be with him.
(b) Because she is concerned about contracting a sexually transmitted illness.
(c) Because she wants to marry him.
(d) Because she is terminally ill.
12. How does Sabbath feel now that Drenka is dead?
(a) He is tortured by the memories of the other men with whom she slept .
(b) He is relieved that he is no longer in danger of being discovered.
(c) He is upset that he no longer has an outlet for his libido.
(d) He is depressed and suicidal, because he realizes that he never told her how much he loved her.
13. How does Sabbath recall Nikki?
(a) As a drug addict with no control over her life.
(b) As a person who was very happy publicly, but miserable privately.
(c) As a solemn, thoughtful girl.
(d) As a nervous, high-strung girl who jumped at the slightest provocation.
14. How does Nikki respond to her mother's death initially?
(a) She does not show much emotion because she and her mother had not been close.
(b) She is overwhelmed with emotion, and has a nervous breakdown.
(c) She is in denial, and stays with the corpse.
(d) She is in shock, and displays no emotion.
15. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friends.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lincoln ("Linc") Gelman?
2. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
3. How did Sabbath and Roseanna meet?
4. Why does Sabbath think that he should have been a pimp instead of a puppet master?
5. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)