|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that he should have been a pimp instead of a puppet master?
(a) Because he would have been able to make more money as a pimp.
(b) Because both professions manipulate objects for the amusement of others.
(c) Because he feels that being a puppeteer is degrading.
(d) Because he realizes that he does not possess puppeteering talent.
2. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She was more confident.
(b) She was able to focus better.
(c) She would lose her speech impediment.
(d) She was more graceful.
3. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
(a) He does not like being in graveyards during the day.
(b) He does not want anyone to be able to identify him if they see him there.
(c) He is afraid that he will run into her son or one of her many lovers.
(d) He does not want Roseanna to become suspicious.
4. What did Linc think had happened to Nikki?
(a) That she was abducted by a jealous lover.
(b) That she ran home to her family.
(c) That she vanished to kill herself.
(d) That she left to be with someone else.
5. Who is Christa?
(a) One of Sabbath's former employees.
(b) One of Matija's coworkers.
(c) A girl with whom Sabbath and Drenka had threesomes.
(d) Silvija's sister.
6. What was the first thing that triggered Roseanna's hatred for Sabbath?
(a) He did not make an effort to get along with her family.
(b) He did not work, and used all of her money.
(c) He refused to have a child with her.
(d) She found out about an affair that he was having.
7. Why did Nikki hate her father?
(a) Becaue he was an alcoholic and a gambler, who was unfaithful to her mother.
(b) Because he molested Nikki when she was a teenager.
(c) Because he was violent and abusive.
(d) Because he killed her pet dog.
8. How did Sabbath persuade Christa to allow him to come to her house?
(a) He offered to buy one of her pieces of art.
(b) He pretended to be a plumber.
(c) He told her that he could get her a job.
(d) He posed as a police officer.
9. Who is Matthew?
(a) Drenka's nephew.
(b) Sabbath's brother.
(c) Sabbath's son.
(d) Drenka's son.
10. How long has it been since Nikki disappeared?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
11. What caused Roseanna's nervous breakdown?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) Sabbath's affair with a student.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Sabbath's career loss.
12. What does Drenka's husband do for a living?
13. What is Matthew's profession?
(d) Police officer.
14. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki might have disappeared?
(a) Because she wanted to be with her family.
(b) Because she wanted to fulfill her dreams of traveling in Europe.
(c) Because she saw him in bed with Roseanna.
(d) Because she was having an affair, and left to be with her lover.
15. At the beginning of Part 3, what does Sabbath find out about Linc?
(a) That he has just become a father.
(b) That he has gotte married.
(c) That he has committed suicide.
(d) That he has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabbath's former profession?
2. Why was Drenka hurt when Barrett stopped speaking to her?
3. How old was Sabbath when he first set up his own theater?
4. What new emotion is Sabbath experiencing at the beginning of Part 2?
5. What personal crisis led to Roseanna's hospital stay in 1989?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)