|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sabbath and Nikki meet?
(a) Nikki was friends with Roseanna.
(b) Nikki attended one of his street performances.
(c) Nikki was one of his students.
(d) Nikki attended one of the plays that he directed.
2. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
(a) Drenka was happy, but the prostitute was not.
(b) Scott was angry, and Drenka was crying.
(c) All three of them enjoyed themselves.
(d) Drenka was unhappy, and the prostitute was angry.
3. What attracted Drenka to her husband, Matija?
(a) He was rebellious, and an outcast.
(b) He did not subscribe to the political views upon which she had been raised.
(c) He was a very religious man.
(d) He was incredibly handsome, as well as rich.
4. Who was Ron Metzer?
(a) Roseanna's brother.
(b) Sabbath's post-high school best friend.
(c) Silvija's boyfriend.
(d) Drenka's first husband.
5. What new emotion is Sabbath experiencing at the beginning of Part 2?
6. In Part 2, why is Sabbath angry with himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) For having continued his affair with Drenka despite the toll on his marriage.
(b) For not having killed Matija.
(c) For not having left Roseanna to be with Drenka.
(d) For not having told Drenka how he felt.
7. What caused Roseanna's nervous breakdown?
(a) Sabbath's career loss.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Sabbath's affair with a student.
(d) A miscarriage.
8. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Attempting to commit suicide.
(b) Psychological problems.
(c) Going on a drinking binge.
(d) Overdosing on painkillers.
9. Why does Sabbath think that he should have been a pimp instead of a puppet master?
(a) Because he realizes that he does not possess puppeteering talent.
(b) Because he would have been able to make more money as a pimp.
(c) Because he feels that being a puppeteer is degrading.
(d) Because both professions manipulate objects for the amusement of others.
10. Why did Sabbath want Drenka to sleep with all of his friends?
(a) Because she did not want to, and he enjoyed that.
(b) Because he enjoyed having control over her, and making her do what he wanted.
(c) Because he took pride in showing her off.
(d) Because he wanted to be sure that she met with their approval.
11. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She was more graceful.
(b) She was able to focus better.
(c) She was more confident.
(d) She would lose her speech impediment.
12. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki might have disappeared?
(a) Because she was having an affair, and left to be with her lover.
(b) Because she saw him in bed with Roseanna.
(c) Because she wanted to be with her family.
(d) Because she wanted to fulfill her dreams of traveling in Europe.
13. Why did Sabbath leave New York the first time?
(a) Because he wanted to live closer to Roseanna.
(b) Because he had lost his job and had no reason to stay.
(c) Because he was going crazy searching for Nikki.
(d) Because he wanted to be closer to his family.
14. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
(a) He does not want Roseanna to become suspicious.
(b) He is afraid that he will run into her son or one of her many lovers.
(c) He does not like being in graveyards during the day.
(d) He does not want anyone to be able to identify him if they see him there.
15. Who is Roseanna?
(a) Sabbath's sister.
(b) Sabbath's wife.
(c) Sabbath's daughter.
(d) Sabbath's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sabbath and Ron do together?
2. How long has it been since Nikki disappeared?
3. How did Sabbath feel about the manner in which Nikki handled her mother's death?
4. Who was Barrett?
5. How did Sabbath run into Matija?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)