|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nikki hate her father?
(a) Because he killed her pet dog.
(b) Because he molested Nikki when she was a teenager.
(c) Becaue he was an alcoholic and a gambler, who was unfaithful to her mother.
(d) Because he was violent and abusive.
2. What about Matija strikes Sabbath?
(a) His hostile attitude toward Sabbath.
(b) His intense sadness.
(c) His dignity and composure.
(d) His physical deformities.
3. How does Sabbath feel now that Drenka is dead?
(a) He is depressed and suicidal, because he realizes that he never told her how much he loved her.
(b) He is upset that he no longer has an outlet for his libido.
(c) He is relieved that he is no longer in danger of being discovered.
(d) He is tortured by the memories of the other men with whom she slept .
4. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki might have disappeared?
(a) Because she wanted to fulfill her dreams of traveling in Europe.
(b) Because she wanted to be with her family.
(c) Because she was having an affair, and left to be with her lover.
(d) Because she saw him in bed with Roseanna.
5. Why did Sabbath stop directing?
(a) Because he lost his job by spending all of his time searching for Nikki.
(b) Because it was not exciting without Nikki as his leading lady.
(c) Because he was not allowed to make the radical changes that he wanted to make.
(d) Because too many actors refused to work with him.
6. What did Christa say to Sabbath the last time she saw him?
(a) She confessed her love for him.
(b) She threatened to sue him.
(c) She accused him of exploiting her.
(d) She threatened to tell his wife about their trysts.
7. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
(a) Leave her husband and marry him.
(b) Have his child.
(c) Run away with him to another country.
(d) Sleep with other men and tell him the details.
8. Why do the embalmers get impatient with Nikki after her mother's death?
(a) Because she is controlling and wants them to do things that are out of the ordinary.
(b) Because she insists on overseeing every aspect of the process.
(c) Because she will not part with the corpse.
(d) Because she is not satisfied with any aspect of their work.
9. In Part 2, what does Sabbath say to Drenka's ghost while he is at her grave?
(a) He proposes marriage to her.
(b) He tells her that he loves her, and wishes that he had told her so.
(c) He blames her for his marital troubles.
(d) He reveals his plot to kill Matija.
10. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She was able to focus better.
(b) She was more confident.
(c) She was more graceful.
(d) She would lose her speech impediment.
11. Who was Barrett?
(a) Drenka's last conquest.
(b) Drenka's son with Sabbath.
(c) Silvija's brother.
(d) Matija's assistant.
12. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(c) New York City.
13. How old was Sabbath when he first set up his own theater?
14. How did Sabbath feel about the manner in which Nikki handled her mother's death?
(a) He thought tht it was normal and healthy.
(b) He thought that it was grotesque.
(c) He thought that it was odd, but not extraordinary.
(d) He thought that she was faking her grief.
15. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
(b) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
(c) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
(d) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following crimes was Sabbath arrested in 1956?
2. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
3. Who arrives and hits the person at Drenka's grave while Sabbath watches?
4. What is Matthew's profession?
5. What did the woman in the house next to what Sabbath thought might be Nikki's, tell Sabbath?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)