|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki committed suicide?
(a) Because the character she played committed suicide.
(b) Because she was depressed before her disappearance.
(c) Because she talked about killing herself a lot before she disappeared.
(d) Because her wounds appeared to be self-inflicted to Sabbath, despite the ruling that it was a murder.
2. Why did Sabbath want Drenka to sleep with all of his friends?
(a) Because she did not want to, and he enjoyed that.
(b) Because he took pride in showing her off.
(c) Because he enjoyed having control over her, and making her do what he wanted.
(d) Because he wanted to be sure that she met with their approval.
3. In Part 2, why is Sabbath angry with himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) For not having left Roseanna to be with Drenka.
(b) For having continued his affair with Drenka despite the toll on his marriage.
(c) For not having killed Matija.
(d) For not having told Drenka how he felt.
4. Who was Ron Metzer?
(a) Roseanna's brother.
(b) Sabbath's post-high school best friend.
(c) Drenka's first husband.
(d) Silvija's boyfriend.
5. In Part 4, what does Sabbath think that his mother's spirit is encouraging him to do?
(a) Visit Drenka one last time.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Reconcile with Roseanna.
(d) Find Nikki.
6. Who is Roseanna?
(a) Sabbath's daughter.
(b) Sabbath's sister.
(c) Sabbath's niece.
(d) Sabbath's wife.
7. Why does Sabbath think that Drenka is not attracted to her husband?
(a) Because of the monogamous nature of their relationship.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of his weight.
(d) Because he has lost his fortune.
8. Why does Drenka suddenly want Sabbath to agree to be monogamous to her?
(a) Because she is concerned about contracting a sexually transmitted illness.
(b) Because she wants to marry him.
(c) Because she is terminally ill.
(d) Because she is planning to leave her husband to be with him.
9. What happened to Sabbath's mother when Morty died?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She spent all of her time on the boardwalk, talking to her dead son.
(c) She disappeared.
(d) She was hospitalized after having suffered a nervous breakdown.
10. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
(a) His personality.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friends.
11. Who arrives and hits the person at Drenka's grave while Sabbath watches?
12. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Attempting to commit suicide.
(b) Overdosing on painkillers.
(c) Going on a drinking binge.
(d) Psychological problems.
13. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
(a) He does not want anyone to be able to identify him if they see him there.
(b) He is afraid that he will run into her son or one of her many lovers.
(c) He does not like being in graveyards during the day.
(d) He does not want Roseanna to become suspicious.
14. Which of the following did Drenka once ask Sabbath to do for Matija?
(a) To help him build a better relationship with Matthew.
(b) To proofread a written speech.
(c) To help him do his taxes.
(d) To find him a job.
15. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She would lose her speech impediment.
(b) She was more confident.
(c) She was able to focus better.
(d) She was more graceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Barrett look uncomfortable at Drenka's funeral?
2. In Part 2, what does Sabbath say to Drenka's ghost while he is at her grave?
3. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
4. In Part 3, what does Sabbath notice about his wife's looks?
5. What about Matija strikes Sabbath?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)