|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, who calls Sabbath to give him the news about Linc?
2. Who was Ron Metzer?
(a) Drenka's first husband.
(b) Silvija's boyfriend.
(c) Roseanna's brother.
(d) Sabbath's post-high school best friend.
3. Christa was an immigrant from which of the following countries?
4. At the beginning of Part 3, what does Sabbath find out about Linc?
(a) That he has gotte married.
(b) That he has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
(c) That he has just become a father.
(d) That he has committed suicide.
5. Why does Drenka discuss Matthew's career only with Sabbath?
(a) Because Matija is disappointed that his son has become a police officer.
(b) Because Sabbath understands because he used to be in the same profession.
(c) Because Sabbath is the only one who knows that Drenka still talks to Matthew.
(d) Because Drenka does not talk to her other family members much.
6. Sabbath's memories of Nikki are interrupted by which of the following realizations?
(a) That he does not know where Norman lives.
(b) That Matthew meant to hit Sabbath at Drenka's grave.
(c) That he does not have any money in his checking account.
(d) That his car has run out of gas.
7. What surprised Matija enough to cause him to end his conversation with Sabbath?
(a) Seeing Sabbath's birthmark, and realizing that he had met him before.
(b) Sabbath's mention of Silvija.
(c) Pictures of Drenka that Sabbath possessed.
(d) Sabbath's comments about Drenka's sexual performance.
8. How did Sabbath run into Matija?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At a corporate function.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) While grocery shopping.
9. How does the spirit of Sabbath's mother respond when he asks her why he is still so concerned about Nikki's disappearance?
(a) By saying that he needs closure, and wants to know why she left.
(b) By saying that he is a perfectionist and cannot accept the idea that he cannot find her.
(c) By saying that he has thought about it for so long, and still does not know anything.
(d) By saying that he never liked to leave things unfinished.
10. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
11. How do the people at Linc's office feel about what happened to him?
12. How old was Sabbath when he first set up his own theater?
13. How did Sabbath persuade Christa to allow him to come to her house?
(a) He offered to buy one of her pieces of art.
(b) He posed as a police officer.
(c) He told her that he could get her a job.
(d) He pretended to be a plumber.
14. Which of the following did Drenka once ask Sabbath to do for Matija?
(a) To find him a job.
(b) To help him do his taxes.
(c) To help him build a better relationship with Matthew.
(d) To proofread a written speech.
15. Who was Barrett?
(a) Silvija's brother.
(b) Drenka's son with Sabbath.
(c) Matija's assistant.
(d) Drenka's last conquest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sabbath's mother always doing?
2. How did Sabbath's brother, Morty, die?
3. Why does Drenka suddenly want Sabbath to agree to be monogamous to her?
4. Why did Barrett stop speaking to Drenka before her death?
5. What did Linc think had happened to Nikki?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)