|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabbath think Roseanna uses as an excuse to delay leaving him?
(a) Her lack of money and a place to go.
(b) The abuse she suffered at the hands of her father.
(c) Her fear of being alone.
(d) Her inability to function on her own.
2. Why did Sabbath leave New York the first time?
(a) Because he wanted to be closer to his family.
(b) Because he had lost his job and had no reason to stay.
(c) Because he wanted to live closer to Roseanna.
(d) Because he was going crazy searching for Nikki.
3. Why do the embalmers get impatient with Nikki after her mother's death?
(a) Because she is not satisfied with any aspect of their work.
(b) Because she will not part with the corpse.
(c) Because she is controlling and wants them to do things that are out of the ordinary.
(d) Because she insists on overseeing every aspect of the process.
4. What is Matthew's profession?
(a) Police officer.
5. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
6. What did Linc think had happened to Nikki?
(a) That she ran home to her family.
(b) That she was abducted by a jealous lover.
(c) That she left to be with someone else.
(d) That she vanished to kill herself.
7. Why does Drenka discuss Matthew's career only with Sabbath?
(a) Because Drenka does not talk to her other family members much.
(b) Because Sabbath is the only one who knows that Drenka still talks to Matthew.
(c) Because Sabbath understands because he used to be in the same profession.
(d) Because Matija is disappointed that his son has become a police officer.
8. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Going on a drinking binge.
(b) Attempting to commit suicide.
(c) Overdosing on painkillers.
(d) Psychological problems.
9. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki committed suicide?
(a) Because her wounds appeared to be self-inflicted to Sabbath, despite the ruling that it was a murder.
(b) Because she was depressed before her disappearance.
(c) Because she talked about killing herself a lot before she disappeared.
(d) Because the character she played committed suicide.
10. What caused Roseanna's nervous breakdown?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Sabbath's affair with a student.
(d) Sabbath's career loss.
11. For which of the following crimes was Sabbath arrested in 1956?
(a) Public indecency.
(b) Statutory rape.
(d) Corrupting a minor.
12. Who is Roseanna?
(a) Sabbath's daughter.
(b) Sabbath's niece.
(c) Sabbath's wife.
(d) Sabbath's sister.
13. How did Sabbath and Nikki meet?
(a) Nikki attended one of his street performances.
(b) Nikki was one of his students.
(c) Nikki attended one of the plays that he directed.
(d) Nikki was friends with Roseanna.
14. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
(a) She says that it is cold of the Jews to bury their dead so quickly.
(b) She accuses Sabbath of not wanting to pay for a nice funeral because he is Jewish and cheap.
(c) She says that her mother died heartbroken because Nikki married a Jew.
(d) She makes fun of Sabbath for wearing a yarmulke during the funeral.
15. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
(a) Sleep with other men and tell him the details.
(b) Leave her husband and marry him.
(c) Run away with him to another country.
(d) Have his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabbath's former profession?
2. Why did Sabbath want Drenka to sleep with all of his friends?
3. In Part 2, what does Sabbath say to Drenka's ghost while he is at her grave?
4. In Part 2, why is Sabbath angry with himself at Drenka's grave?
5. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)