|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki committed suicide?
(a) Because she was depressed before her disappearance.
(b) Because she talked about killing herself a lot before she disappeared.
(c) Because the character she played committed suicide.
(d) Because her wounds appeared to be self-inflicted to Sabbath, despite the ruling that it was a murder.
2. What did Christa say to Sabbath the last time she saw him?
(a) She accused him of exploiting her.
(b) She confessed her love for him.
(c) She threatened to tell his wife about their trysts.
(d) She threatened to sue him.
3. Why do the embalmers get impatient with Nikki after her mother's death?
(a) Because she is controlling and wants them to do things that are out of the ordinary.
(b) Because she insists on overseeing every aspect of the process.
(c) Because she will not part with the corpse.
(d) Because she is not satisfied with any aspect of their work.
4. How old was Sabbath when he first set up his own theater?
5. Why does Roseanna hate Sabbath now?
(a) He will not grant her a divorce.
(b) He will not move with her, so that she can be closer to her family.
(c) He will not allow her to see his son.
(d) Because he has not touched her sexually in ten years, and is bitter about his career.
6. Why did Sabbath leave New York the first time?
(a) Because he wanted to live closer to Roseanna.
(b) Because he was going crazy searching for Nikki.
(c) Because he wanted to be closer to his family.
(d) Because he had lost his job and had no reason to stay.
7. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
(b) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
(c) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
(d) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
8. What caused Roseanna's nervous breakdown?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) Sabbath's career loss.
(c) Sabbath's affair with a student.
(d) Her mother's death.
9. Why does Matija's story about the sympathy cards that he received after Drenka's death upset Sabbath?
(a) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after Drenka's death.
(b) Because Sabbath is angry on account of Matija not having known Drenka as well as he did, and does not deserve the sympathy.
(c) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after the death of his first wife, Nikki.
(d) Because Sabbath is guilty due to Matija's genuine sadness over his wife's death.
10. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She would lose her speech impediment.
(b) She was more confident.
(c) She was able to focus better.
(d) She was more graceful.
11. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
(a) He does not want Roseanna to become suspicious.
(b) He does not like being in graveyards during the day.
(c) He does not want anyone to be able to identify him if they see him there.
(d) He is afraid that he will run into her son or one of her many lovers.
12. In what country was Drenka born?
13. Why did Barrett look uncomfortable at Drenka's funeral?
(a) Because he was there with his pregnant wife.
(b) Because dead bodies made him very uncomfortable.
(c) Because he disliked several people who were present.
(d) Because he knew that Sabbath was aware of his affair with Drenka.
14. Who is Lincoln ("Linc") Gelman?
(a) One of Drenka's lovers.
(b) Sabbath's nephew.
(c) Roseanna's cousin.
(d) Sabbath's long-time friend.
15. What did Linc think had happened to Nikki?
(a) That she left to be with someone else.
(b) That she vanished to kill herself.
(c) That she ran home to her family.
(d) That she was abducted by a jealous lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nikki hate her father?
2. What does Sabbath dislike about Roseanna attending Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) group meetings?
3. At the end of Part 3, who is at Drenka's grave when Sabbath arrives there?
4. Why does Sabbath begin to second-guess his decision to leave Roseanna?
5. How do the people at Linc's office feel about what happened to him?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)