|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sabbath recall Nikki?
(a) As a solemn, thoughtful girl.
(b) As a nervous, high-strung girl who jumped at the slightest provocation.
(c) As a person who was very happy publicly, but miserable privately.
(d) As a drug addict with no control over her life.
2. Who is Christa?
(a) Silvija's sister.
(b) One of Sabbath's former employees.
(c) A girl with whom Sabbath and Drenka had threesomes.
(d) One of Matija's coworkers.
3. At the beginning of Part 3, who calls Sabbath to give him the news about Linc?
4. Who only spoke to Nikki a handful of times, despite Sabbath's efforts to get them to talk?
(b) Sabbath's mother.
5. How does the spirit of Sabbath's mother respond when he asks her why he is still so concerned about Nikki's disappearance?
(a) By saying that he has thought about it for so long, and still does not know anything.
(b) By saying that he never liked to leave things unfinished.
(c) By saying that he is a perfectionist and cannot accept the idea that he cannot find her.
(d) By saying that he needs closure, and wants to know why she left.
6. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
7. What about Matija strikes Sabbath?
(a) His physical deformities.
(b) His hostile attitude toward Sabbath.
(c) His intense sadness.
(d) His dignity and composure.
8. At the end of Part 3, who is at Drenka's grave when Sabbath arrives there?
9. Who was Barrett?
(a) Silvija's brother.
(b) Matija's assistant.
(c) Drenka's son with Sabbath.
(d) Drenka's last conquest.
10. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She was more confident.
(b) She would lose her speech impediment.
(c) She was more graceful.
(d) She was able to focus better.
11. What happened to Sabbath's mother when Morty died?
(a) She spent all of her time on the boardwalk, talking to her dead son.
(b) She disappeared.
(c) She was hospitalized after having suffered a nervous breakdown.
(d) She committed suicide.
12. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(d) New York City.
13. Why does Matija's story about the sympathy cards that he received after Drenka's death upset Sabbath?
(a) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after Drenka's death.
(b) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after the death of his first wife, Nikki.
(c) Because Sabbath is guilty due to Matija's genuine sadness over his wife's death.
(d) Because Sabbath is angry on account of Matija not having known Drenka as well as he did, and does not deserve the sympathy.
14. How did Sabbath and Nikki meet?
(a) Nikki was friends with Roseanna.
(b) Nikki attended one of the plays that he directed.
(c) Nikki was one of his students.
(d) Nikki attended one of his street performances.
15. Which of the following did Drenka once ask Sabbath to do for Matija?
(a) To proofread a written speech.
(b) To help him build a better relationship with Matthew.
(c) To help him do his taxes.
(d) To find him a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drenka discuss Matthew's career only with Sabbath?
2. Why do the embalmers get impatient with Nikki after her mother's death?
3. How old was Sabbath when he first set up his own theater?
4. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
5. At the beginning of Part 3, what does Sabbath find out about Linc?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)