|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His father.
2. What happened as a result of the favor that Drenka asked Sabbath to perform for Matija?
(a) Matija had to be supported by the public dole.
(b) Matija made himself look ridiculous in his speech.
(c) Matthew and Matija had an intense argument and had not spoken since.
(d) Matija was audited, and went bankrupt.
3. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
(a) Because at his age, other women no longer desire him.
(b) Because he does not want to take a chance on impregnating a younger woman.
(c) Because he has been impotent for a while.
(d) Because he loves her more than he is willing to admit.
4. What new emotion is Sabbath experiencing at the beginning of Part 2?
5. What did the woman in the house next to what Sabbath thought might be Nikki's, tell Sabbath?
(a) That Nikki used to live next to her, but disappeared.
(b) That she did not know who Nikki was.
(c) That Nikki left because Sabbath beat her.
(d) That Nikki left because Sabbath drank too much.
6. Which of the following did Drenka once ask Sabbath to do for Matija?
(a) To proofread a written speech.
(b) To help him do his taxes.
(c) To help him build a better relationship with Matthew.
(d) To find him a job.
7. Who arrives and hits the person at Drenka's grave while Sabbath watches?
8. How long has it been since Nikki disappeared?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 40 years.
9. Who is Roseanna?
(a) Sabbath's niece.
(b) Sabbath's wife.
(c) Sabbath's daughter.
(d) Sabbath's sister.
10. What was Sabbath's mother always doing?
11. Why did Barrett look uncomfortable at Drenka's funeral?
(a) Because dead bodies made him very uncomfortable.
(b) Because he disliked several people who were present.
(c) Because he was there with his pregnant wife.
(d) Because he knew that Sabbath was aware of his affair with Drenka.
12. How does the spirit of Sabbath's mother respond when he asks her why he is still so concerned about Nikki's disappearance?
(a) By saying that he has thought about it for so long, and still does not know anything.
(b) By saying that he is a perfectionist and cannot accept the idea that he cannot find her.
(c) By saying that he needs closure, and wants to know why she left.
(d) By saying that he never liked to leave things unfinished.
13. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Going on a drinking binge.
(b) Overdosing on painkillers.
(c) Psychological problems.
(d) Attempting to commit suicide.
14. Sabbath's memories of Nikki are interrupted by which of the following realizations?
(a) That his car has run out of gas.
(b) That Matthew meant to hit Sabbath at Drenka's grave.
(c) That he does not have any money in his checking account.
(d) That he does not know where Norman lives.
15. How do the people at Linc's office feel about what happened to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
2. According to Norman, which of the following rumors did Linc never believe about Sabbath?
3. Why do the embalmers get impatient with Nikki after her mother's death?
4. Why does Roseanna hate Sabbath now?
5. Why did Sabbath stop directing?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)