|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lincoln ("Linc") Gelman?
(a) Sabbath's nephew.
(b) One of Drenka's lovers.
(c) Sabbath's long-time friend.
(d) Roseanna's cousin.
2. At the beginning of Part 3, who calls Sabbath to give him the news about Linc?
3. How did Sabbath and Roseanna meet?
(a) Roseanna was friends with his first wife, Nikki.
(b) Roseanna was one of Sabbath's devoted fans, and attended every one of his shows.
(c) Sabbath agreed to present a private show for Roseanna's father.
(d) Roseanna was his puppet partner.
4. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She was more graceful.
(b) She was able to focus better.
(c) She would lose her speech impediment.
(d) She was more confident.
5. What does Sabbath think Roseanna uses as an excuse to delay leaving him?
(a) The abuse she suffered at the hands of her father.
(b) Her inability to function on her own.
(c) Her lack of money and a place to go.
(d) Her fear of being alone.
6. Why does Sabbath think that Drenka is not attracted to her husband?
(a) Because of his weight.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of the monogamous nature of their relationship.
(d) Because he has lost his fortune.
7. How does the spirit of Sabbath's mother respond when he asks her why he is still so concerned about Nikki's disappearance?
(a) By saying that he needs closure, and wants to know why she left.
(b) By saying that he is a perfectionist and cannot accept the idea that he cannot find her.
(c) By saying that he never liked to leave things unfinished.
(d) By saying that he has thought about it for so long, and still does not know anything.
8. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
(a) She makes fun of Sabbath for wearing a yarmulke during the funeral.
(b) She accuses Sabbath of not wanting to pay for a nice funeral because he is Jewish and cheap.
(c) She says that it is cold of the Jews to bury their dead so quickly.
(d) She says that her mother died heartbroken because Nikki married a Jew.
9. What is Matthew's profession?
(a) Police officer.
10. Who was Barrett?
(a) Drenka's last conquest.
(b) Matija's assistant.
(c) Drenka's son with Sabbath.
(d) Silvija's brother.
11. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Overdosing on painkillers.
(b) Going on a drinking binge.
(c) Attempting to commit suicide.
(d) Psychological problems.
12. Why did Barrett stop speaking to Drenka before her death?
(a) Because he did not want to get involved with her illness.
(b) Because he was angry with Sabbath.
(c) Because he was angry with her for asking him to leave his wife.
(d) Because he was afraid that Matija would discover their affair.
13. What does Drenka's husband do for a living?
14. Who arrives and hits the person at Drenka's grave while Sabbath watches?
15. What surprised Matija enough to cause him to end his conversation with Sabbath?
(a) Pictures of Drenka that Sabbath possessed.
(b) Seeing Sabbath's birthmark, and realizing that he had met him before.
(c) Sabbath's comments about Drenka's sexual performance.
(d) Sabbath's mention of Silvija.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as a result of the favor that Drenka asked Sabbath to perform for Matija?
2. In what country was Drenka born?
3. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
4. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
5. How did Sabbath's brother, Morty, die?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)