|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Going on a drinking binge.
(b) Attempting to commit suicide.
(c) Psychological problems.
(d) Overdosing on painkillers.
2. What surprised Matija enough to cause him to end his conversation with Sabbath?
(a) Sabbath's comments about Drenka's sexual performance.
(b) Sabbath's mention of Silvija.
(c) Pictures of Drenka that Sabbath possessed.
(d) Seeing Sabbath's birthmark, and realizing that he had met him before.
3. Who is Lincoln ("Linc") Gelman?
(a) Sabbath's nephew.
(b) Roseanna's cousin.
(c) Sabbath's long-time friend.
(d) One of Drenka's lovers.
4. Why does Sabbath think that he should have been a pimp instead of a puppet master?
(a) Because he would have been able to make more money as a pimp.
(b) Because he realizes that he does not possess puppeteering talent.
(c) Because he feels that being a puppeteer is degrading.
(d) Because both professions manipulate objects for the amusement of others.
5. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
(b) His stillborn sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. What happened as a result of the favor that Drenka asked Sabbath to perform for Matija?
(a) Matija made himself look ridiculous in his speech.
(b) Matija was audited, and went bankrupt.
(c) Matthew and Matija had an intense argument and had not spoken since.
(d) Matija had to be supported by the public dole.
7. What was the first thing that triggered Roseanna's hatred for Sabbath?
(a) He refused to have a child with her.
(b) He did not work, and used all of her money.
(c) He did not make an effort to get along with her family.
(d) She found out about an affair that he was having.
8. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
(a) Have his child.
(b) Leave her husband and marry him.
(c) Sleep with other men and tell him the details.
(d) Run away with him to another country.
9. How did Sabbath's brother, Morty, die?
(a) He was stillborn.
(b) He was killed during a mugging.
(c) He had a terminal illness.
(d) He was shot down in World War II.
10. Who only spoke to Nikki a handful of times, despite Sabbath's efforts to get them to talk?
(d) Sabbath's mother.
11. Which of the following forms did Christa learn in an effort to become a "true American"?
12. How did Sabbath and Roseanna meet?
(a) Sabbath agreed to present a private show for Roseanna's father.
(b) Roseanna was one of Sabbath's devoted fans, and attended every one of his shows.
(c) Roseanna was his puppet partner.
(d) Roseanna was friends with his first wife, Nikki.
13. Who is Christa?
(a) One of Sabbath's former employees.
(b) Silvija's sister.
(c) A girl with whom Sabbath and Drenka had threesomes.
(d) One of Matija's coworkers.
14. Who was Barrett?
(a) Drenka's last conquest.
(b) Drenka's son with Sabbath.
(c) Matija's assistant.
(d) Silvija's brother.
15. Why does Sabbath think that Drenka is not attracted to her husband?
(a) Because he has lost his fortune.
(b) Because of the monogamous nature of their relationship.
(c) Because of his weight.
(d) Because of his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Nikki committed suicide?
2. For which of the following crimes was Sabbath arrested in 1956?
3. What was Sabbath's mother always doing?
4. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
5. Why did Sabbath want Drenka to sleep with all of his friends?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)