|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
(a) His wife.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His personality.
(d) His friends.
2. Who was Ron Metzer?
(a) Silvija's boyfriend.
(b) Sabbath's post-high school best friend.
(c) Drenka's first husband.
(d) Roseanna's brother.
3. In Part 2, what does Sabbath say to Drenka's ghost while he is at her grave?
(a) He reveals his plot to kill Matija.
(b) He tells her that he loves her, and wishes that he had told her so.
(c) He proposes marriage to her.
(d) He blames her for his marital troubles.
4. What happened to Sabbath's mother when Morty died?
(a) She was hospitalized after having suffered a nervous breakdown.
(b) She disappeared.
(c) She spent all of her time on the boardwalk, talking to her dead son.
(d) She committed suicide.
5. What was Sabbath's mother always doing?
6. Why does Sabbath begin to second-guess his decision to leave Roseanna?
(a) She is the only person left who cares about him.
(b) He does not like the idea of change.
(c) He needs money and medical insurance.
(d) He realizes how much he cares about her.
7. What did Christa say to Sabbath the last time she saw him?
(a) She accused him of exploiting her.
(b) She threatened to tell his wife about their trysts.
(c) She confessed her love for him.
(d) She threatened to sue him.
8. What new emotion is Sabbath experiencing at the beginning of Part 2?
9. Who only spoke to Nikki a handful of times, despite Sabbath's efforts to get them to talk?
(c) Sabbath's mother.
10. Why did Sabbath want Drenka to sleep with all of his friends?
(a) Because she did not want to, and he enjoyed that.
(b) Because he wanted to be sure that she met with their approval.
(c) Because he took pride in showing her off.
(d) Because he enjoyed having control over her, and making her do what he wanted.
11. Why does Drenka suddenly want Sabbath to agree to be monogamous to her?
(a) Because she is terminally ill.
(b) Because she wants to marry him.
(c) Because she is concerned about contracting a sexually transmitted illness.
(d) Because she is planning to leave her husband to be with him.
12. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(d) New York City.
13. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
14. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His stillborn sister.
15. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
(a) Drenka was happy, but the prostitute was not.
(b) All three of them enjoyed themselves.
(c) Drenka was unhappy, and the prostitute was angry.
(d) Scott was angry, and Drenka was crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabbath dislike about Roseanna attending Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) group meetings?
2. Why did Sabbath leave New York the first time?
3. How did Sabbath and Roseanna meet?
4. What does Drenka's husband do for a living?
5. How did Sabbath run into Matija?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)