|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
(a) Because he has been impotent for a while.
(b) Because he does not want to take a chance on impregnating a younger woman.
(c) Because at his age, other women no longer desire him.
(d) Because he loves her more than he is willing to admit.
2. What is Matthew's profession?
(b) Police officer.
3. Which of the following forms did Christa learn in an effort to become a "true American"?
4. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
(b) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
(c) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
(d) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
5. What finally makes Sabbath decide to leave Roseanna?
(a) He realizes that she will never have the courage to leave him.
(b) She refuses to stop trying to correct the problems in their marriage.
(c) He realizes that she would not be able to endure his suicide.
(d) She has a relapse and starts drinking again.
6. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
(a) She says that her mother died heartbroken because Nikki married a Jew.
(b) She says that it is cold of the Jews to bury their dead so quickly.
(c) She makes fun of Sabbath for wearing a yarmulke during the funeral.
(d) She accuses Sabbath of not wanting to pay for a nice funeral because he is Jewish and cheap.
7. In Part 4, what does Sabbath think that his mother's spirit is encouraging him to do?
(a) Reconcile with Roseanna.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Visit Drenka one last time.
(d) Find Nikki.
8. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
(a) Drenka was unhappy, and the prostitute was angry.
(b) Scott was angry, and Drenka was crying.
(c) All three of them enjoyed themselves.
(d) Drenka was happy, but the prostitute was not.
9. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Psychological problems.
(b) Overdosing on painkillers.
(c) Going on a drinking binge.
(d) Attempting to commit suicide.
10. Which of the following did Drenka once ask Sabbath to do for Matija?
(a) To help him build a better relationship with Matthew.
(b) To proofread a written speech.
(c) To find him a job.
(d) To help him do his taxes.
11. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
(a) His mother.
(b) His stillborn sister.
(d) His father.
12. How do the people at Linc's office feel about what happened to him?
13. In Part 3, what does Sabbath notice about his wife's looks?
(a) That she looks younger than him.
(b) That she has aged dramatically.
(c) That she has regained her good-looks since she has stopped drinking.
(d) That she does not possess fashion sense.
14. How did Sabbath and Nikki meet?
(a) Nikki was one of his students.
(b) Nikki attended one of his street performances.
(c) Nikki was friends with Roseanna.
(d) Nikki attended one of the plays that he directed.
15. What did Christa say to Sabbath the last time she saw him?
(a) She threatened to sue him.
(b) She accused him of exploiting her.
(c) She threatened to tell his wife about their trysts.
(d) She confessed her love for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, who calls Sabbath to give him the news about Linc?
2. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
3. Who arrives and hits the person at Drenka's grave while Sabbath watches?
4. What does Drenka's husband do for a living?
5. How does Sabbath recall Nikki?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)