|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sabbath and Nikki meet?
(a) Nikki was friends with Roseanna.
(b) Nikki attended one of his street performances.
(c) Nikki was one of his students.
(d) Nikki attended one of the plays that he directed.
2. How does Sabbath feel now that Drenka is dead?
(a) He is upset that he no longer has an outlet for his libido.
(b) He is relieved that he is no longer in danger of being discovered.
(c) He is depressed and suicidal, because he realizes that he never told her how much he loved her.
(d) He is tortured by the memories of the other men with whom she slept .
3. What attracted Drenka to her husband, Matija?
(a) He was a very religious man.
(b) He was incredibly handsome, as well as rich.
(c) He was rebellious, and an outcast.
(d) He did not subscribe to the political views upon which she had been raised.
4. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(c) New York City.
5. In Part 2, what does Sabbath say to Drenka's ghost while he is at her grave?
(a) He tells her that he loves her, and wishes that he had told her so.
(b) He blames her for his marital troubles.
(c) He reveals his plot to kill Matija.
(d) He proposes marriage to her.
6. What does Sabbath think Roseanna uses as an excuse to delay leaving him?
(a) Her lack of money and a place to go.
(b) The abuse she suffered at the hands of her father.
(c) Her fear of being alone.
(d) Her inability to function on her own.
7. Why was Sabbath attracted to Roseanna?
(a) Because she did not seem as interested in him as he was in her.
(b) Because she was confident and capable.
(c) Because she was good-looking, and a great dancer.
(d) Because she was rich, and her father was powerful.
8. What was Sabbath's mother always doing?
9. What does Drenka's husband do for a living?
10. What personal crisis led to Roseanna's hospital stay in 1989?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) A scandal involving Sabbath and one of his students.
(c) The death of her parents.
(d) A divorce.
11. Why does Drenka discuss Matthew's career only with Sabbath?
(a) Because Drenka does not talk to her other family members much.
(b) Because Sabbath is the only one who knows that Drenka still talks to Matthew.
(c) Because Matija is disappointed that his son has become a police officer.
(d) Because Sabbath understands because he used to be in the same profession.
12. At the beginning of Part 3, who calls Sabbath to give him the news about Linc?
13. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
(b) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
(c) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
(d) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
14. Sabbath often feels the presence of which of his departed relatives?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His stillborn sister.
15. Who is Roseanna?
(a) Sabbath's sister.
(b) Sabbath's wife.
(c) Sabbath's daughter.
(d) Sabbath's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sabbath feel about the manner in which Nikki handled her mother's death?
2. Why does Sabbath think that Drenka is not attracted to her husband?
3. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
4. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
5. In Part 4, what does Sabbath think that his mother's spirit is encouraging him to do?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)