|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sabbath's former profession?
2. Why did Barrett stop speaking to Drenka before her death?
(a) Because he did not want to get involved with her illness.
(b) Because he was afraid that Matija would discover their affair.
(c) Because he was angry with Sabbath.
(d) Because he was angry with her for asking him to leave his wife.
3. At the end of Part 3, who is at Drenka's grave when Sabbath arrives there?
4. What happened to Sabbath's mother when Morty died?
(a) She was hospitalized after having suffered a nervous breakdown.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She disappeared.
(d) She spent all of her time on the boardwalk, talking to her dead son.
5. What does Sabbath dislike about Roseanna attending Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) group meetings?
(a) She constantly pesters him to attend meetings with her.
(b) Sabbath dislikes some of the people whom she has met at the meetings.
(c) She uses language that she learns in her meetings to talk to him.
(d) She has abandoned all of her hobbies, and her old friends, in favor of people at the AA meetings.
6. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
7. Who is Silvija?
(a) Drenka's daughter.
(b) Matija's sister.
(c) Drenka's niece.
(d) Sabbath's cousin.
8. How old was Sabbath when he first set up his own theater?
9. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
(b) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
(c) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
(d) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
10. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mistress.
11. Who arrives and hits the person at Drenka's grave while Sabbath watches?
12. Why does Roseanna hate Sabbath now?
(a) He will not grant her a divorce.
(b) He will not move with her, so that she can be closer to her family.
(c) He will not allow her to see his son.
(d) Because he has not touched her sexually in ten years, and is bitter about his career.
13. Christa was an immigrant from which of the following countries?
14. How does Sabbath scare Scott Lewis away from Drenka's grave?
(a) He throws a large rock at him.
(b) He barks like a dog.
(c) He shoots at him.
(d) He runs out yelling from behind a tree.
15. How did Sabbath and Roseanna meet?
(a) Sabbath agreed to present a private show for Roseanna's father.
(b) Roseanna was friends with his first wife, Nikki.
(c) Roseanna was his puppet partner.
(d) Roseanna was one of Sabbath's devoted fans, and attended every one of his shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, why is Sabbath angry with himself at Drenka's grave?
2. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
3. Why did Sabbath leave New York the first time?
4. How does Sabbath recall Nikki?
5. In Part 4, what does Sabbath think that his mother's spirit is encouraging him to do?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)