|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She was more confident.
(b) She was more graceful.
(c) She was able to focus better.
(d) She would lose her speech impediment.
2. What new emotion is Sabbath experiencing at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Why did Sabbath want Drenka to sleep with all of his friends?
(a) Because he enjoyed having control over her, and making her do what he wanted.
(b) Because he took pride in showing her off.
(c) Because he wanted to be sure that she met with their approval.
(d) Because she did not want to, and he enjoyed that.
4. Why does Matija's story about the sympathy cards that he received after Drenka's death upset Sabbath?
(a) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after Drenka's death.
(b) Because Sabbath is jealous that he did not receive any sympathy cards after the death of his first wife, Nikki.
(c) Because Sabbath is guilty due to Matija's genuine sadness over his wife's death.
(d) Because Sabbath is angry on account of Matija not having known Drenka as well as he did, and does not deserve the sympathy.
5. Over the years, Sabbath has encouraged Drenka to do which of the following?
(a) Have his child.
(b) Leave her husband and marry him.
(c) Run away with him to another country.
(d) Sleep with other men and tell him the details.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Roseanna's nervous breakdown?
2. How do the people at Linc's office feel about what happened to him?
3. What was Sabbath's mother always doing?
4. What attracted Drenka to her husband, Matija?
5. What personal crisis led to Roseanna's hospital stay in 1989?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)