|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Drenka is not attracted to her husband?
(a) Because he has lost his fortune.
(b) Because of his weight.
(c) Because of the monogamous nature of their relationship.
(d) Because of his age.
2. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
(a) Because he does not want to take a chance on impregnating a younger woman.
(b) Because he loves her more than he is willing to admit.
(c) Because at his age, other women no longer desire him.
(d) Because he has been impotent for a while.
3. What happened when Scott Lewis got a prostitute for Drenka?
(a) Drenka was happy, but the prostitute was not.
(b) All three of them enjoyed themselves.
(c) Drenka was unhappy, and the prostitute was angry.
(d) Scott was angry, and Drenka was crying.
4. How did Sabbath's brother, Morty, die?
(a) He was stillborn.
(b) He had a terminal illness.
(c) He was killed during a mugging.
(d) He was shot down in World War II.
5. Who is Christa?
(a) One of Sabbath's former employees.
(b) A girl with whom Sabbath and Drenka had threesomes.
(c) One of Matija's coworkers.
(d) Silvija's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
2. Why was Drenka hurt when Barrett stopped speaking to her?
3. How did Sabbath run into Matija?
4. Which of the following forms did Christa learn in an effort to become a "true American"?
5. What happened to Sabbath's mother when Morty died?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)