|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Barrett stop speaking to Drenka before her death?
(a) Because he was angry with Sabbath.
(b) Because he was afraid that Matija would discover their affair.
(c) Because he did not want to get involved with her illness.
(d) Because he was angry with her for asking him to leave his wife.
2. Why does Drenka suddenly want Sabbath to agree to be monogamous to her?
(a) Because she wants to marry him.
(b) Because she is planning to leave her husband to be with him.
(c) Because she is terminally ill.
(d) Because she is concerned about contracting a sexually transmitted illness.
3. Under what type of government was Drenka raised?
4. Who is Christa?
(a) One of Sabbath's former employees.
(b) One of Matija's coworkers.
(c) Silvija's sister.
(d) A girl with whom Sabbath and Drenka had threesomes.
5. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
2. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
3. Why was Drenka hurt when Barrett stopped speaking to her?
4. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
5. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)