|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
(b) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
(c) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
(d) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
2. What happened as a result of the favor that Drenka asked Sabbath to perform for Matija?
(a) Matija made himself look ridiculous in his speech.
(b) Matthew and Matija had an intense argument and had not spoken since.
(c) Matija was audited, and went bankrupt.
(d) Matija had to be supported by the public dole.
3. What happened when Sabbath took vodka to the hospital where Roseanna was being treated?
(a) He was questioned by one of the nurses.
(b) He was escorted off the premises by security.
(c) Nothing. No one knew he had vodka.
(d) One of the patients beat him up and took it.
4. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
(a) His personality.
(b) His friends.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His wife.
5. What about Matija strikes Sabbath?
(a) His hostile attitude toward Sabbath.
(b) His intense sadness.
(c) His dignity and composure.
(d) His physical deformities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Roseanna's nervous breakdown?
2. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
3. What does Crawford say about Sabbath's family?
4. How is Norman described when Sabbath sees him?
5. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)