|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Drenka hurt when Barrett stopped speaking to her?
(a) Because she did not feel that she had done anything wrong.
(b) Because he never told her why.
(c) Because she expected him to treat her more lovingly.
(d) Because she saw Sabbath less afterward.
2. How did Sabbath persuade Christa to allow him to come to her house?
(a) He posed as a police officer.
(b) He told her that he could get her a job.
(c) He pretended to be a plumber.
(d) He offered to buy one of her pieces of art.
3. Which of the following is the ultimatum issued to Sabbath?
(a) To get a job, or they will be divorced.
(b) To stop drinking, or move out.
(c) To stop gambling, or he will be involuntarily committed.
(d) To be faithful, or their relationship will end.
4. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
(b) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
(c) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
(d) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
5. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
(a) He is afraid that he will run into her son or one of her many lovers.
(b) He does not like being in graveyards during the day.
(c) He does not want anyone to be able to identify him if they see him there.
(d) He does not want Roseanna to become suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sabbath already monogamous to Drenka?
2. Why does Matija's story about the sympathy cards that he received after Drenka's death upset Sabbath?
3. Why did Barrett look uncomfortable at Drenka's funeral?
4. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
5. Who is Silvija?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)