|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christa went to Madamaska Falls from which of the following cities?
(b) New York City.
2. Which of the following anti-Semitic comments does Nikki make to Sabbath after her mother's death?
(a) She says that her mother died heartbroken because Nikki married a Jew.
(b) She accuses Sabbath of not wanting to pay for a nice funeral because he is Jewish and cheap.
(c) She says that it is cold of the Jews to bury their dead so quickly.
(d) She makes fun of Sabbath for wearing a yarmulke during the funeral.
3. Who is Matthew?
(a) Sabbath's brother.
(b) Sabbath's son.
(c) Drenka's nephew.
(d) Drenka's son.
4. How does Nikki respond to her mother's death initially?
(a) She is in denial, and stays with the corpse.
(b) She is overwhelmed with emotion, and has a nervous breakdown.
(c) She does not show much emotion because she and her mother had not been close.
(d) She is in shock, and displays no emotion.
5. In what way was Nikki different when she was on stage?
(a) She was more graceful.
(b) She was able to focus better.
(c) She would lose her speech impediment.
(d) She was more confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabbath blame for his inability to express his love for Drenka?
2. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
3. Why do the embalmers get impatient with Nikki after her mother's death?
4. In Part 2, what does Sabbath say to Drenka's ghost while he is at her grave?
5. In what country was Drenka born?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)