Book 1, Part 1
1. As the novel opens, who issues an ultimatum to Sabbath?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His son.
(d) His mistress.
2. Which of the following is the ultimatum issued to Sabbath?
(a) To get a job, or they will be divorced.
(b) To stop gambling, or he will be involuntarily committed.
(c) To stop drinking, or move out.
(d) To be faithful, or their relationship will end.
3. What does Drenka's husband do for a living?
4. What is Sabbath's former profession?
5. Who is Roseanna?
(a) Sabbath's niece.
(b) Sabbath's wife.
(c) Sabbath's sister.
(d) Sabbath's daughter.
6. What was Roseanna hospitalized for in 1989?
(a) Psychological problems.
(b) Attempting to commit suicide.
(c) Going on a drinking binge.
(d) Overdosing on painkillers.
7. What personal crisis led to Roseanna's hospital stay in 1989?
(a) A divorce.
(b) A scandal involving Sabbath and one of his students.
(c) A miscarriage.
(d) The death of her parents.
This section contains 6,681 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)