|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wynn has been called the Great Casino Salesman, the Vegas King and ________________.
(a) The Vegas Don.
(b) Mr. Lucky.
(c) Mr. Las Vegas.
(d) Casino Joe.
2. In what year did Wynn move his family to Las Vegas?
3. Which Las Vegas casino did Wynn purchase with E. Parry Thomas' money?
(a) Desert Inn.
(c) Golden Nugget.
4. The implosion of the hotel was compared to ________________.
(a) A Hollywood movie.
(c) World War II.
(d) A bad dream.
5. Of what did Matthew Gregory put Wynn in charge for his company?
(d) Lounge shows.
6. How many spectators gathered to watch the destruction of the hotel?
7. In what year did The Mirage hotel and casino open?
8. What was Mafia boss Anthony Salerno's nickname?
(a) Fat Tony.
(b) Cry Baby.
(d) Tony Bologna.
9. What hotel and casino did Wynn build in Atlantic City?
(c) Taj Mahal.
(d) The Golden Nugget.
10. By the time he was thirty, Wynn was being referred to as a Las Vegas _________________.
(a) Hit man.
(b) Mover and shaker.
(c) High roller.
11. Which one of Wynn's friends had no gambling industry experience but was given a cushy job in Wynn's company?
(a) Gene Edward Kirkpatrick.
(b) Louis Patrick Cappiello.
(c) Anthony Richard Raguso.
(d) Phillip James Calistrano.
12. Who was Wynn's hair stylist?
(a) Camilo Azzinaro.
(b) Clarence Abandano.
(c) Carmelo Abruzzo.
(d) Carmine Augustino.
13. Why did Wynn's father not end up opening a bingo parlor in Las Vegas?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He didn't have the money.
(c) He couldn't get a license.
(d) He got ill.
14. Allegations of drug abuse and ______________ plagued Wynn throughout his career.
(b) Cocaine trafficking.
15. What epitaph did Wynn suggest for himself?
(a) Running Fast, Running Scared.
(b) Running Free and Easy.
(c) Running Wild and Untamed.
(d) Running Scared, Straight Ahead.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what disease was Wynn afflicted?
2. What was Wynn's father's name?
3. What was the cost of the hotel's destruction?
4. Who was Wynn's New Jersey nemesis?
5. How old was Wynn's father when he died?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)