|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wynn has been called the Great Casino Salesman, the Vegas King and ________________.
(a) Casino Joe.
(b) The Vegas Don.
(c) Mr. Las Vegas.
(d) Mr. Lucky.
2. What brand of sausage did Wynn demand was used at the Golden Nugget due to Wynn's affiliation with Louis Cappiello?
(c) Jimmie Dean.
(d) Bob Evans.
3. How much did Wynn spend in fireworks to cap off the hotel implosion?
(a) $5 million.
(b) $1 million.
4. In what year did Wynn enter the Las Vegas casino market?
5. How much did Howard Hughes pay for the Frontier Hotel?
(a) $13 million.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $24 million.
(d) $50 million.
6. With what company was E. Parry Thomas working when he was sent to Las Vegas?
(a) Coldwell Banker.
(b) Continental Bank.
(c) Cardinal Healthcare.
(d) Bank of America.
7. Allegations of ________________ were leveled at Wynn and the men in #72 and #74.
(b) Cocaine abuse.
(d) Heroin abuse.
8. With what disease was Wynn diagnosed?
(a) Diabetes Mellitus.
(b) Retinitis Pigmentosa.
9. How many stories were in the destroyed hotel?
10. Which one of Wynn's friends had no gambling industry experience but was given a cushy job in Wynn's company?
(a) Gene Edward Kirkpatrick.
(b) Phillip James Calistrano.
(c) Anthony Richard Raguso.
(d) Louis Patrick Cappiello.
11. The hotel was being destroyed for what reason?
(a) It had too much structural damage and was no longer safe.
(b) To erase the memory of mob-related activities.
(c) The city needed the space for parking.
(d) It was too outdated to renovate.
12. In what year did the Teamsters president disappear?
13. Which of the following is NOT associated with the term "half wiseguy"?
(b) Obscure profession.
(c) Owning 50% of a casino.
(d) Living high.
14. Wynn had men in high positions in his organization who had no gaming industry experience and he claimed that they were what?
(a) Public Relations experts.
15. What did Wynn add to the Golden Nugget to update its image?
(d) Golf course.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel and casino did Wynn build in Atlantic City?
2. Capiello was not convicted in the murder of whom?
3. Jerome Zarowitz was a member of which organized crime family?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Wynn?
5. Wynn's bodyguards were of what nationality?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)