|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what disease was Wynn afflicted?
(b) Retinitis Pigmentosa.
(d) Diabetes Mellitus.
2. On what day did the hotel destruction occur?
(a) October 27, 1993.
(b) April 19, 1981.
(c) June 25, 1987.
(d) September 15, 1999.
3. Which of the following did Wynn's parents NOT want him to be?
(a) Fighter pilot.
4. The hotel was being destroyed for what reason?
(a) It had too much structural damage and was no longer safe.
(b) It was too outdated to renovate.
(c) The city needed the space for parking.
(d) To erase the memory of mob-related activities.
5. The new hotel would be located next to which hotel?
(b) The Imperial Palace.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) The Mirage.
6. Wynn's personality has been described as ________________.
7. Wynn has dominated the Las Vegas casino and _____________ scene.
(c) Health care.
8. What is La Cosa Nostra?
(a) A New York prison.
(b) The Mafia.
(c) An Italian restaurant.
(d) An Italian tour guidebook.
9. In what year did Wynn enter the Las Vegas casino market?
10. It was unofficially determined that the men in #72 and #74 were Wynn's ___________________.
(a) Cocaine dealers.
(b) Step brothers.
11. What was the cost of the hotel's destruction?
(a) $7.5 million.
(b) $1.5 million.
(c) $5 million.
(d) $3 million.
12. How many stories were in the destroyed hotel?
13. What new hotel was intended to take the place of the one being destroyed?
(a) The Bellagio.
(c) Treasure Island.
14. What was the name of the infomercial which would include footage of the hotel's destruction?
(a) Diamonds on Black Velvet, the Las Vegas Story.
(b) Steve Wynn, the Brightest Light in Las Vegas.
(c) Treasure Island, the Adventure Begins.
(d) Lights Out, Farewell to an Icon.
15. What is one thing that Wynn is unable to control?
(a) His bankers.
(b) His ego.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the thirty-one-year-old divorcee who died at a yachting party?
2. Who was Wynn's mother?
3. In what year did The Mirage hotel and casino open?
4. What hotel and casino did Wynn build in Atlantic City?
5. Wynn was sometimes compared to Las Vegas legends Bugsy Siegel and _________________.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)