|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wynn has often been linked to which crime family?
2. Who was the president of the Teamsters in 1964?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Henry Kissinger.
(d) Jimmy Hoffa.
3. Who was the thirty-one-year-old divorcee who died at a yachting party?
(a) Nicki Masters.
(b) Nelle McGuire.
(c) Nicole Middleton.
(d) Nancy Mottola.
4. In what year did Wynn move his family to Las Vegas?
5. In what year did Howard Hughes purchase the Frontier Hotel?
6. Wynn became known as a man with _________________.
(a) A heart of gold.
(b) Nine lives.
(c) A violent temper.
(d) The Midas touch.
7. What brand of sausage did Wynn demand was used at the Golden Nugget due to Wynn's affiliation with Louis Cappiello?
(c) Bob Evans.
(d) Jimmie Dean.
8. Who was the Chairman of the Mirage Resorts?
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) Steve Wynn.
(c) Wayne Newton.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
9. How many spectators gathered to watch the destruction of the hotel?
10. To a young Steve Wynn, Las Vegas was like _________________.
(a) Outer space.
(c) The frontier.
(d) A pirate story.
11. Which securities wizard helped Wynn establish the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City and the Mirage in Las Vegas?
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) Ivan Boesky.
(c) Michael Milken.
(d) Bernie Madoff.
12. How many stories were in the destroyed hotel?
13. At which hotel did Wynn begin his Las Vegas career?
(a) The Flamingo.
(b) Caesar's Palace.
(c) The Frontier.
(d) The Stardust.
14. How much did Wynn spend in fireworks to cap off the hotel implosion?
(a) $5 million.
(b) $1 million.
15. Who was Wynn's hair stylist?
(a) Carmine Augustino.
(b) Camilo Azzinaro.
(c) Carmelo Abruzzo.
(d) Clarence Abandano.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Wynn when he first visited Las Vegas?
2. What was Wynn's father's name?
3. Why did Wynn's father not end up opening a bingo parlor in Las Vegas?
4. In what year did the Teamsters president disappear?
5. Jerome Zarowitz was a member of which organized crime family?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)