|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the prostitute who claimed that she saw Wynn using cocaine at parties?
(a) Sharon Marie Fenton.
(b) Shirley Ann Fair.
(c) Sally Sue Farris.
(d) Suzie Jane Fuqua.
2. In what year did Wynn first visit Las Vegas?
3. Which famous Las Vegas hotel was being destroyed in the Prologue of the book?
(a) Dunes Hotel and Casino.
(b) Mandalay Bay.
(c) The Flamingo.
(d) MGM Grand.
4. With what disease was Wynn afflicted?
(b) Retinitis Pigmentosa.
(c) Diabetes Mellitus.
5. Wynn's father was in the _________________ business.
(c) Bingo hall.
6. Which of the following does NOT describe Wynn?
7. What was the cost of the hotel's destruction?
(a) $1.5 million.
(b) $7.5 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $5 million.
8. In what year did Howard Hughes purchase the Frontier Hotel?
9. The hotel was being destroyed for what reason?
(a) It was too outdated to renovate.
(b) To erase the memory of mob-related activities.
(c) It had too much structural damage and was no longer safe.
(d) The city needed the space for parking.
10. What kind of business did Wynn's father have set up in seven states?
(a) Bingo hall.
(b) Accounting firm.
(c) Hardware store.
11. How old was Wynn's father when he died?
12. From whom did Wynn's father often borrow money to pay his debts?
(a) Frank Lucchese.
(b) Frank Goldman.
(c) Frank Luciano.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
13. Which one of Wynn's friends had no gambling industry experience but was given a cushy job in Wynn's company?
(a) Louis Patrick Cappiello.
(b) Phillip James Calistrano.
(c) Gene Edward Kirkpatrick.
(d) Anthony Richard Raguso.
14. Wynn has claimed that he would give up everything in order to _____________________.
(a) Become an astronaut.
(b) Have a son.
(c) Improve his mother's health.
(d) Spend fifteen minutes with his father.
15. Allegations of drug abuse and ______________ plagued Wynn throughout his career.
(b) Cocaine trafficking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Wynn's father not end up opening a bingo parlor in Las Vegas?
2. What was Mafia boss Anthony Salerno's nickname?
3. Capiello was not convicted in the murder of whom?
4. In what year did Wynn open the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City?
5. What was the official name of the Frontier Hotel?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)