|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took control of Charles Percy's family affairs after he dies?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His children.
2. How were the results of Thompson's plan being predicted?
(a) New Orleans will be saved.
(b) There will be no refugees.
(c) The river will stop rising.
(d) There will be thousands of refugees but the river will still rise.
3. How does the levee camp become a slave camp?
(a) The blacks are required to go to work and fix the levees.
(b) All the people there are treated miserably.
(c) They don't let any of the people leave the camp.
(d) The camps are disgustingly dirty.
4. What happens in June of 1927?
(a) A giant fire destroys New Orleans.
(b) A hurricane hits the area.
(c) A second flood crest moves down the river.
(d) Coolidge is impeached.
5. Prior to Thompson's plan being implemented, what happened to the refugees south of the levee?
(a) They protested.
(b) They refused to leave.
(c) They evacuated.
(d) They built a new levee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial issue did Eads propose that was authorized in 1867?
2. Which two things did river height depend on?
3. What decision does Will Percy make pertaining to the refugees in Greenville?
4. What did Leroy Percy's speeches advocate?
5. How did Leroy Percy eventually get a seat in Senate despite his popularity decline?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)