|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Humphrey returned from studying deltaic rivers, what did he do?
(a) Built a bridge.
(b) Attacked Ellet's report.
(c) Built a railroad.
(d) Traveled the Grand Canyon.
2. How were the results of Thompson's plan being predicted?
(a) There will be thousands of refugees but the river will still rise.
(b) The river will stop rising.
(c) New Orleans will be saved.
(d) There will be no refugees.
3. What did the flooding of 1912 and 1913 demonstrate?
(a) The strength of the people.
(b) The strength of the levee system.
(c) The failure of the levee system.
(d) The weakness of the government.
4. What two things did Humphrey unsuccessfully attempt to do to change the mouth of the Mississippi River?
(a) Dredges and bridges.
(b) Canals and dredges.
(c) Creating a new river and a dam.
(d) Bridges and canals.
5. What was the weather like in the Prologue as the guests of the social party head home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to LeRoy Percy Jr.?
2. How were the levees along the Mississippi different from levees in other places?
3. On average, how many people are the refugee camps designed to hold?
4. As the levees in other cities are failing, why would New Orleans "saboteurs" attempt to dynamite the levees by St. Bernard Parish?
5. Why did armed St. Bernard Parish men visit the bankers of New Orleans?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)