|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the rain continues to fall in the Delta area?
(a) The Mississippi River gets longer.
(b) A waterfall develops at the bottom of the Mississippi.
(c) Multiple levees continue to fail.
(d) Crevases widen.
2. During the major storms that were occurring along the Mississippi River in 1927, what happens to the dam in Arkansas?
(a) It withstood the flood waters.
(b) It was eroded away.
(c) It was blown up.
(d) It was getting repaired.
3. Although he hates the idea of war, what does William decide to do?
(a) Support the President's idea to send soldiers to fight.
(b) Help train the soldiers.
(c) Become a medic for the war.
(d) Fight in WWI.
4. Why can't boats in the flooded area help get people out?
(a) The boats were not working sufficiently.
(b) The boats weren't large enough.
(c) There was no way to get fuel to the boats.
(d) All the boats got washed away.
5. What was LeRoy Percy's problem with the Klan?
(a) They were in "conflict" with the life he desired.
(b) They were the reason he couldn't become president.
(c) They boycotted all his propositions.
(d) They threatened his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will eventually happen to the water released through the Mounds Landing crevasse?
2. When small tunnels are formed beneath the levee a miniature geyser erupts. What is this mini geyser called?
3. Whose biography was told?
4. How did Leroy Percy eventually get a seat in Senate despite his popularity decline?
5. As the floods continued, what did 30,000 people decide to do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)