|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like in the Prologue as the guests of the social party head home?
2. What will eventually happen to the water released through the Mounds Landing crevasse?
(a) It will continue to flood the area.
(b) It will flow into the Colorado River.
(c) It will flow into the Arkansas River.
(d) It will flow back into the Mississippi River.
3. What year was the jetty project successfully completed?
4. When Humphrey returned from studying deltaic rivers, what did he do?
(a) Traveled the Grand Canyon.
(b) Built a railroad.
(c) Attacked Ellet's report.
(d) Built a bridge.
5. What did W.A. Percy institute in the Delta area?
(a) Sharecropping and a better treatment of blacks.
(b) A new fertilizer.
(c) Mechanical plows.
(d) A new irrigation system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally gave approval for Thompson to organize his plan when he arrives back to the Delta area?
2. Why did most levees fail?
3. Who took control of Charles Percy's family affairs after he dies?
4. How were the levees damaged in early 1927?
5. What was Eads' proposition to change the mouth of the Mississippi River?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)