|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Leroy Percy eventually get a seat in Senate despite his popularity decline?
(a) The seat was left to him in the dead senator's will.
(b) A senator died and he won a special election.
(c) No one else wanted it.
(d) He was voted in by the people.
2. During the 19th century, what was the attitude about the Mississippi River?
(a) It was a raging machine.
(b) That if you understood the laws of nature, the river could be understood.
(c) It was harmless.
(d) People were just confused by the river.
3. What did the high river levels threaten in 1912?
(a) To bring sewage into Mississippi.
(b) To wash away all the crops.
(c) To break the dam.
(d) To top the levee before the sandbags come.
4. What happened in the Mississippi region between 1884-1889?
(a) The Hoover Dam was built.
(b) Someone drove a submarine down the Mississippi.
(c) Railroads developed quickly.
(d) The first person traveled cross country.
5. What year was the jetty project successfully completed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Humphrey feel about Ellet's suggestions about the river?
2. What did the official report about the mouth of the Mississippi that Eads wrote finally say?
3. What did Leroy Percy's speeches advocate?
4. What did Eads continue to do for a living in St. Louis after his family moved on?
5. Who took control of Charles Percy's family affairs after he dies?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)