|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When small tunnels are formed beneath the levee a miniature geyser erupts. What is this mini geyser called?
(a) A sand boil.
(b) A geyser.
(c) A magma bubble.
(d) A gas bubble.
2. When was the first recorded flood of the Mississippi River?
3. Why were veterans enlisted during the time the levees were being fixed?
(a) To boost the economy.
(b) To protect the area from the Native Americans.
(c) To prevent sabotage.
(d) To train them for another tour of war.
4. What helped Leroy Percy lose a lot of his political influence outside of the Delta area?
(a) He advocated for the rights of women.
(b) He helped Vardaman get defeated for a seat in Senate.
(c) He enforced the need for slaves.
(d) He wanted to free all slaves.
5. What did Congress create in response to the flooding in Mississippi?
(a) A plan to create walls along the river.
(b) A plan to reroute the river.
(c) The Hoover Dam.
(d) The U.S. Levee Commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1900 a new demand surged in throughout the United States. What was that demand?
2. How did Humphrey feel about Ellet's suggestions about the river?
3. What did W.A. Percy institute in the Delta area?
4. What were the three basic methods that engineers have attempted to control the river?
5. Which three rivers continued to rise as their levees fail?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)