|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the citizens of the Delta area begin to resent Butler?
(a) He was a con artist.
(b) He was robbing everyone.
(c) He was a nasty man.
(d) He was successful and the person limiting reimbursements.
2. Why does Hoover accept the offer to head the flood relief committee?
(a) He always wanted to visit the Delta area.
(b) He wanted to help the people in that area.
(c) He was offered a large sum of money.
(d) He sees it as a great opportunity to gain popularity with the public.
3. What did Hoover do during WWI?
(a) He fought overseas.
(b) He trained soldiers.
(c) He worked in a hospital.
(d) He organized a large relief program.
4. In early 1927, what did many of the communities begin to do?
(a) Develop evacuation plans.
(b) Rebuild their levees to be stronger.
(c) Patrol their levees with armed guards.
(d) Repair their levees.
5. Before going to Washington, what was Hoover's life like?
(a) He was middle class and owned a business.
(b) He was poor and a blue collar worker.
(c) He was a wealthy, successful engineer.
(d) He was a successful lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Coolidge not get personally involved in the flooding?
2. Whose biography was told?
3. Who is very aware of Butler's actions regarding the allocation of funds to the southern parishes?
4. What did spring flooding in the upper Mississippi River cause?
5. During the major storms that were occurring along the Mississippi River in 1927, what happens to the dam in Arkansas?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)