|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did spring flooding in the upper Mississippi River cause?
(a) Property destruction, deaths and devastation.
(c) A great fishing season.
(d) A richer soil for planting crops.
2. How does Butler ensure the city of New Orleans will not face legal actions?
(a) He makes sure the city does nothing wrong.
(b) He threatens any lawyers that could be hired.
(c) He hires the best lawyers to represent the city.
(d) He threatens the people from suing them.
3. How does Butler limit payments to the people in the southern parishes?
(a) He limits the amount each parish can have.
(b) He didn't raise a lot of money.
(c) He only gives a certain amount per household.
(d) He doesn't look at the sales receipts.
4. Who is very aware of Butler's actions regarding the allocation of funds to the southern parishes?
(a) Governor Simpson.
(b) William Percy.
(c) President Coolidge.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
5. Whose biography was told?
(b) Will Percy.
(c) LeRoy Percy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before going to Washington, what was Hoover's life like?
2. In early 1927, what did many of the communities begin to do?
3. After losing the run for presidency, what did Hoover receive?
4. Why does Hoover accept the offer to head the flood relief committee?
5. What did Hoover do during WWI?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)