|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In early 1927, what did many of the communities begin to do?
(a) Rebuild their levees to be stronger.
(b) Patrol their levees with armed guards.
(c) Develop evacuation plans.
(d) Repair their levees.
2. Why is Butler's bank paid a generous sum of money?
(a) They collected a lot of money from taxes.
(b) They sold a lot of property to businesses after the floods.
(c) They owned insurance on the homes in the southern parishes.
(d) The bank's yacht was used in rescue missions.
3. Whose biography was told?
(a) Will Percy.
(c) LeRoy Percy.
4. Why do the citizens of the Delta area begin to resent Butler?
(a) He was a nasty man.
(b) He was robbing everyone.
(c) He was successful and the person limiting reimbursements.
(d) He was a con artist.
5. What two cities were underwater in early 1927?
(a) Chicago and Columbus.
(b) Cincinnati and Cleveland.
(c) Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.
(d) Pittsburgh and Cleveland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the levees damaged in early 1927?
2. How did Coolidge not get personally involved in the flooding?
3. What did spring flooding in the upper Mississippi River cause?
4. How does Butler ensure the city of New Orleans will not face legal actions?
5. Why does Hoover accept the offer to head the flood relief committee?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)