Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a student complains that he is being kept out of law school, what does Rodriguez do?
2. What does Rodriguez learn about complexion from his family?
3. What does Rodriguez tell his mother about talking to strangers?
4. What example does Rodriguez offer of how affirmative action can have negative consequences?
5. What comment from a professor makes Rodriguez rethink his use of the label "minority student"?
Essay Topic 1
Would it have been better for Rodriguez to attend a non-Catholic school when he was younger? Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Rodriguez's parents, focusing on the following areas:
1) Their education
2) Their attitudes toward the "public" world
3) Their attitudes toward Richard and his education
If Rodriguez was going to try to talk to one of them about the loneliness and distance he feels from them, which one should he pick? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Rodriguez spends a lot of time analyzing his education and how it affected him.
Part One: What lessons can a minority student draw from his story? What lessons can any student draw from his story?
Part Two: What lessons can the parent of a minority student draw from his story? What lessons can the parent of any student draw from his story?
Part Three: What lessons can the teachers of minority students draw from his story? What lessons can any teacher draw from his story?
Based on that, to what group(s) of people would you recommend this book? Why?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)