|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's editor say about his idea for a book?
(a) He will upset a lot of people.
(b) Writing it will be a lonely experience.
(c) It is not an interesting idea.
(d) It could be a best-seller.
2. What term does Rodriguez's mother ask him to explain?
(a) Affirmative action.
(c) Bilingual education.
3. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He is dark-skinned.
(b) He has bad acne.
(c) He is light-skinned.
(d) He looks like a white boy.
4. While he writes his book, how does Rodriguez support himself?
(a) He is a college professor.
(b) He works construction.
(c) He tutors students.
(d) He does odd jobs.
5. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
(a) It changes how people look at the world.
(b) It is a waste of time.
(c) It provides better job options.
(d) It gives people a voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
2. Does Rodriguez's mother blame him for what happened to their family?
3. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
4. What is one thing that Rodriguez says happened to black students promoted through affirmative action?
5. Now that Rodriguez is an adult and done with school, what does his mother ask him to do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)