|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a student complains that he is being kept out of law school, what does Rodriguez do?
(a) Stay out of it.
(b) Tell him to stop whining.
(c) Support his case.
(d) Argue against his case.
2. In Mr. Secrets, Chapter 1, what does Rodriguez's mother beg him not to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Stop going to church.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Write a book about their family.
3. Now that he is a teacher, what does Rodriguez blame white students for?
(a) They are arrogant and selfish about their grades.
(b) They are rude to the minority students.
(c) They do not make an effort to help poor white students get an education.
(d) They think they are smarter than the professors.
4. How does Rodriguez say that the white students react to affirmative action?
(a) They blame him for it.
(b) They are sympathetic to it.
(c) They complain about it.
(d) They protest against it.
5. What does Rodriguez's professor ask him about applying for teaching jobs?
(a) If Rodriguez thinks the jobs will find him because he is a minority candidate.
(b) If he wants to get a job this year.
(c) If he is sure he wants to teach college.
(d) If he is willing to teach at a far away school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
2. What is one thing that Rodriguez says happened to black students promoted through affirmative action?
3. According to Rodriguez, who does affirmative action help?
4. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
5. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)