Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a student complains that he is being kept out of law school, what does Rodriguez do?
(a) Stay out of it.
(b) Tell him to stop whining.
(c) Argue against his case.
(d) Support his case.
2. What does Rodriguez learn about complexion from his family?
(a) Complexion does not matter.
(b) Dark skin is ugly.
(c) Light skin is ugly.
(d) Be proud of your complexion, no matter what.
3. What does Rodriguez tell his mother about talking to strangers?
(a) She needs to learn how to talk to strangers more easily.
(b) Talking to strangers is more difficult in Spanish than English.
(c) Talking to strangers is always difficult.
(d) There are some things so intimate it is easier to say them to strangers.
4. What example does Rodriguez offer of how affirmative action can have negative consequences?
(a) Students who flunked out of college.
(b) Students he knew in graduate school who had never written a paper.
(c) Students who were helped by affirmative action, but then did not help their fellow minorities.
(d) His own experience as a minority who struggled in college.
5. What comment from a professor makes Rodriguez rethink his use of the label "minority student"?
(a) That his opinion is based on his minority status.
(b) That he does not count as a minority.
(c) That he is a bad writer because he is a minority.
(d) That he automatically gets an "A" because he is a minority.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
2. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
3. What example does Rodriguez offer of a program that can help minority students?
4. Why does Rodriguez's mother not understand his explanation about psychiatry?
5. According to Rodriguez, what did some sympathetic professors do for black students who were struggling?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)