Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rodriguez, who does affirmative action help?
(a) White college professors who feel guilty about the Civil Rights Movement.
(b) Minority students who already have some advantages.
(c) White students who want an excuse for not getting into school.
(d) All minority students.
2. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
(a) People used to ignore his complexion, but now they make a big deal about it.
(b) His dark skin used to be unpopular, but now is popular.
(c) Nobody pays any attention to complexion any more.
(d) His dark skin used to be popular, but now is unpopular.
3. How does Rodriguez's sister's friend challenge his ideas about complexion?
(a) She is black, but not poor.
(b) She is light-skinned but spends more time outdoors than he does.
(c) She is dark-skinned but spends more time indoors than he does.
(d) She is white, but not rich.
4. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
(a) It is a waste of time.
(b) It provides better job options.
(c) It changes how people look at the world.
(d) It gives people a voice.
5. Who teaches Rodriguez that stereotypes are not accurate?
(a) The other students.
(b) His professors at Stanford.
(c) The well-educated construction workers.
(d) His boss at his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez's mother call him "Mr. Secrets"?
2. What is Rodriguez aware of when he visits his rich friends?
3. In Complexion, Chapter 2, what does Rodriguez do to try to change his skin color?
4. What does Rodriguez learn about complexion from his family?
5. At what stage in their academic career does Rodriguez believe students need help?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)