|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He misses the ritual.
(b) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(c) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(d) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
2. What does Rodriguez tell his mother about talking to strangers?
(a) She needs to learn how to talk to strangers more easily.
(b) There are some things so intimate it is easier to say them to strangers.
(c) Talking to strangers is always difficult.
(d) Talking to strangers is more difficult in Spanish than English.
3. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
(a) That he would get involved with a gang.
(b) That he would have a harder time in school.
(c) That he would take a hard labor job.
(d) That people would discriminate against him.
4. What has happened to Rodriguez's classmate who applied for the same type of teaching jobs?
(a) He gets lots of good job offers.
(b) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
(c) He does not get any job offers.
(d) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
5. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A wealthy boy who does not work.
(c) A sick child.
(d) A poor Mexican man who works in the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he gets older, what do people tell Rodriguez about his complexion?
2. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
3. How do Rodriguez's parents see themselves in American society?
4. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
5. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what new hobby does Rodriguez take up?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)