|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Rodriguez's mother blame him for what happened to their family?
(b) No, but she thinks he made it worse when he went to London.
(c) Yes, but she also blames herself.
2. As he gets older, what do people tell Rodriguez about his complexion?
(a) They tease him.
(b) They tell him to see a doctor to get help.
(c) They are envious of his "tan."
(d) They joke with him about how light his skin is.
3. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(b) Read it at mass on Sunday.
(c) Read it every day.
(d) Do not read it at all.
4. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(b) He is scared because they look tough.
(c) He wishes he could be their friend.
(d) He envies their close bond.
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In the classroom.
(b) In public.
(d) In private, with family or close friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
2. Where did Rodriguez teach in the 1960s and 1970s?
3. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
4. What is the main reason for Rodriguez's success?
5. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)