|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To get a good job.
(b) To make money.
(c) To change himself.
(d) To make friends.
2. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. What does Rodriguez's editor say about his idea for a book?
(a) He will upset a lot of people.
(b) It is not an interesting idea.
(c) Writing it will be a lonely experience.
(d) It could be a best-seller.
4. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She complains about using English.
(b) She helps her children learn more English.
(c) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
(d) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
5. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
(a) He does not like his family very much.
(b) He still does not like reading very much.
(c) He longs for his own past.
(d) He will have to leave school soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
2. Now that Rodriguez is an adult and done with school, what does his mother ask him to do?
3. How does Rodriguez's sister feel about her children's complexions?
4. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
5. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)