|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) No, because they do not talk to him.
(b) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(c) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
(d) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
2. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
(a) He does not like his family very much.
(b) He longs for his own past.
(c) He will have to leave school soon.
(d) He still does not like reading very much.
3. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
(a) No, because they always stayed in places where the other people spoke Spanish, too.
(b) No, he says they did all right in spite of the language problems.
(c) Yes, he thinks they got cheated out of money because of it.
(d) Yes, because they could not talk to the doctor if they were sick.
4. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
(a) Nobody pays any attention to complexion any more.
(b) People used to ignore his complexion, but now they make a big deal about it.
(c) His dark skin used to be popular, but now is unpopular.
(d) His dark skin used to be unpopular, but now is popular.
5. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
(a) Spanish at home, English in public.
(b) Spanish everywhere.
(c) English at home, Spanish in public.
(d) English everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
2. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
3. Does Rodriguez think his religious education had the effect it was supposed to?
4. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
5. Where did Rodriguez teach in the 1960s and 1970s?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)