|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Third World Student Movement?
(a) Students who come from third world countries to attend school in the United States.
(b) Students who are studying third world countries in college.
(c) Students who volunteer in third world countries.
(d) Students who attend college but embrace their cultural heritage instead of sacrificing it.
2. How does the family's use of the word "gringo" change as the children learn more English?
(a) The children do not like their parents to use that word any more.
(b) They stop saying it because they no longer use Spanish words.
(c) They use it to compliment each other on how well they speak English.
(d) It starts to mean "a non-Hispanic American" as opposed to the "other" or "outsider" that it used to imply.
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(b) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(c) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(d) He misses the ritual.
4. At what stage in their academic career does Rodriguez believe students need help?
(a) When they start high school.
(b) When they start school.
(c) When they start college.
(d) During the last two years of high school.
5. What does Rodriguez realize about language and intimacy?
(a) That he can express himself better in English than in Spanish.
(b) That language is how a person maintains their intimacy with other people.
(c) That intimacy is about the relationship between the people, not about what language they speak.
(d) That Spanish is always a more intimate language that English.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
3. According to Rodriguez, who does affirmative action help?
4. When does Rodriguez think that minority students should get help?
5. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)