|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez have to face in order to write the book?
(a) His attitudes about religion.
(b) His own mistakes.
(c) His past.
(d) His family history.
2. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
(a) It teaches him to be less unique and more like other people.
(b) It teaches him to stand up for himself.
(c) It teaches him to look down on people who are not educated.
(d) It teaches him to fight for justice.
3. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
(b) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
(c) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
(d) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
4. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
(a) Yes, because his education is scheduled around religious services.
(b) No, because his education is not a religious education.
(c) Yes, because he only studies religious material.
(d) Yes, because he spends his whole day praying and does not study.
5. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
(a) In his own apartment.
(b) With his parents.
(c) With his brother.
(d) With his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
3. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
4. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
5. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)