|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
(a) At school, because they value his intelligence, not his complexion.
(b) With his friends, because they understand him.
(c) At church, because he believes God loves him in spite of his dark skin.
(d) At home, because they love him no matter what he does.
2. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(b) Mexico City.
3. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
(a) To study how he became the person he is today.
(b) To encourage other people to get a good education.
(c) To explain how hard school is for children who do not speak English.
(d) To complain about the bad schools he attended.
4. When does Rodriguez think that minority students should get help?
(a) When they are in high school.
(b) When they look for a first job.
(c) When they start college.
(d) At the earliest possible age.
5. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
(a) Tutors other students.
(b) Works a construction job.
(c) Writes for a local newspaper.
(d) Works in the school cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez get involved in his church?
2. In the last chapters of the book, what is Rodriguez keeping secret from his family?
3. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
4. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
5. How does Rodriguez feel about writing a book on his family?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)