|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
(a) Sins are good, and he should try to have more of them.
(b) Sins are things that non-religious people do.
(c) Sins are not a big deal, and he should not worry about them.
(d) Sins are bad, and he should confess them to the priest.
2. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
(a) That he would take a hard labor job.
(b) That people would discriminate against him.
(c) That he would get involved with a gang.
(d) That he would have a harder time in school.
3. What does Rodriguez have to face in order to write the book?
(a) His past.
(b) His attitudes about religion.
(c) His own mistakes.
(d) His family history.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about writing a book on his family?
(a) He is excited about it.
(b) He is worried about what his family will say.
(c) It is very easy for him.
(d) It is very hard for him.
5. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He wishes he could be their friend.
(b) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(c) He envies their close bond.
(d) He is scared because they look tough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Rodriguez's family practice?
2. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
3. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
4. What term does Rodriguez's mother ask him to explain?
5. What does Rodriguez tell his mother about talking to strangers?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)