|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
(a) His need to get a job.
(b) His damaged relationship with his parents.
(c) His lack of any friends or girlfriends.
(d) The discrimination he experiences as a Hispanic man.
2. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
(a) He realizes everyone else in the pool is light-skinned.
(b) A group of boys makes fun of him.
(c) His mother tells him to cover up.
(d) A pretty girl laughs at him.
3. What does Rodriguez hope writing the book will do?
(a) Allow him to move forward and face his future.
(b) Please his parents.
(c) Explain his history.
(d) Share his ideas on education.
4. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
(a) To explain how hard school is for children who do not speak English.
(b) To complain about the bad schools he attended.
(c) To study how he became the person he is today.
(d) To encourage other people to get a good education.
5. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) St. Peter.
(d) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
2. According to Rodriguez, what is wrong with speaking a private language in public?
3. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
4. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
5. How does Rodriguez's mother act differently in public?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)