|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Rodriguez's ideas about his complexion?
(a) He talks about it with one of his professors.
(b) He writes a news story about the "Black is Beautiful" movement.
(c) He works construction and gets comfortable about revealing his skin.
(d) He talks about it with other minority students.
2. At what stage in their academic career does Rodriguez believe students need help?
(a) When they start school.
(b) When they start college.
(c) When they start high school.
(d) During the last two years of high school.
3. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
(a) He is proud that he learns to speak English well.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He is eager to learn to speak English.
(d) He thinks it is a waste of time.
4. Where did Rodriguez teach in the 1960s and 1970s?
(c) UC Berkeley.
5. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
(a) He is afraid of them.
(b) He is excited to learn to read.
(c) He thinks they are boring.
(d) He is not really interested in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
3. What comment from a professor makes Rodriguez rethink his use of the label "minority student"?
4. What is the main reason for Rodriguez's success?
5. What term does Rodriguez's mother ask him to explain?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)