|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about psychology.
(b) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(c) In a book about literacy.
(d) In a magazine article about literacy.
2. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
(a) Works in the school cafeteria.
(b) Tutors other students.
(c) Writes for a local newspaper.
(d) Works a construction job.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
(b) The children he teaches.
(c) Politicians and lawmakers.
(d) Rich people.
4. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(a) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
(b) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
5. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Do not read it at all.
(b) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(c) Read it every day.
(d) Read it at mass on Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
2. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
3. What does Rodriguez finally decide about affirmative action?
4. What comment from a professor makes Rodriguez rethink his use of the label "minority student"?
5. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)