|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To talk about his bad behavior.
(d) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
2. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
(b) He complains about using English.
(c) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(d) He takes classes to learn English.
3. What does Rodriguez have to face in order to write the book?
(a) His family history.
(b) His past.
(c) His own mistakes.
(d) His attitudes about religion.
4. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A television.
(b) A house.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A new car.
5. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
(a) Its theme.
(b) Its plot or storyline.
(c) Its characters.
(d) Its vocabulary and use of language.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
2. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
3. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
4. How does Rodriguez describe the 1970s student?
5. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)