|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She helps her children learn more English.
(b) She complains about using English.
(c) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
(d) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
2. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he works too hard.
(b) They think he needs to work harder.
(c) They are proud of his efforts.
(d) They think he is the teacher's pet.
3. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
(a) He wants to know more about it.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He is embarrassed by it.
(d) He does not think about it too much.
4. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
(a) To teach a course in minority literature.
(b) To write them recommendations for graduate school.
(c) To lead a protest.
(d) To give a speech to their student group.
5. According to Rodriguez, who does affirmative action help?
(a) Minority students who already have some advantages.
(b) White college professors who feel guilty about the Civil Rights Movement.
(c) White students who want an excuse for not getting into school.
(d) All minority students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
2. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
3. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
4. How does Rodriguez's sister's friend challenge his ideas about complexion?
5. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)