|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother act differently in public?
(a) Her voice gets lower and quieter.
(b) She struggles to speak English.
(c) Her voice gets higher and she speaks more formally.
(d) She is more outgoing and friendly.
2. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(b) No, because they do not talk to him.
(c) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(d) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
3. Does Rodriguez believe that his mother knows about his book?
(b) Yes, but she will not admit it.
(c) No, but he is afraid she will find his manuscript and read it.
4. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
(b) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
(c) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
(d) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
5. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
(a) He gets lots of good job offers.
(b) He does not get any job offers.
(c) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
(d) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
2. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
3. How does Rodriguez describe the 1970s student?
4. Does Rodriguez's mother blame him for what happened to their family?
5. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)