|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez's mother not understand his explanation about psychiatry?
(a) Because she has a cultural attitude about private life and public life.
(b) Because he does not tell her the truth.
(c) Because he is explaining in English.
(d) Because she has a cultural attitude about writers.
2. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Loud and confident.
(b) Flat and boring.
(c) Awkward and confusing.
(d) Weak and quiet.
3. What does Rodriguez hope writing the book will do?
(a) Allow him to move forward and face his future.
(b) Explain his history.
(c) Share his ideas on education.
(d) Please his parents.
4. What does Rodriguez have to do if he is going to write this book?
(a) Embarrass his teachers.
(b) Make his opinions public.
(c) Offend his friends.
(d) Insult his family.
5. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) It causes a separation between them.
(b) His parents brag about him all the time.
(c) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
(d) His parents stop talking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
2. Who teaches Rodriguez that stereotypes are not accurate?
3. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
4. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
5. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)