|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They argue a lot.
(b) They start talking again.
(c) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(d) They have even less to say to each other.
2. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
(b) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
(c) They dress funny.
(d) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
3. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(b) Do not read it at all.
(c) Read it every day.
(d) Read it at mass on Sunday.
4. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
(a) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
(b) He does not get any job offers.
(c) He gets lots of good job offers.
(d) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
5. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
(a) He seems smart, but acts dumb.
(b) He is too politically conservative.
(c) He is a know-it-all.
(d) He is Mexican, but acts white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on her behavior, who does Rodriguez's mother consider part of the "gringos"?
2. Based on his conversation with his classmate, what does Rodriguez decide?
3. How does Rodriguez describe the 1970s student?
4. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
5. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)