|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Secrets, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
2. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
(a) Its plot or storyline.
(b) Its theme.
(c) Its vocabulary and use of language.
(d) Its characters.
3. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
(b) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
(c) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
(d) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
4. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(b) They told him he would have fun.
(c) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
(d) No, they never talked about it.
5. How does Rodriguez say that the white students react to affirmative action?
(a) They protest against it.
(b) They are sympathetic to it.
(c) They blame him for it.
(d) They complain about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that he is a teacher, what does Rodriguez blame white students for?
2. Why does Rodriguez's mother not understand his explanation about psychiatry?
3. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
4. Does Rodriguez's mother blame him for what happened to their family?
5. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)