|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
(a) Remembering what his life was like before he was educated.
(b) Working very hard.
(c) Kissing up to the teacher.
(d) Reading every book he could find.
2. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(b) The family grows closer together.
(c) The family loses some of its closeness.
(d) The children start disobeying their parents.
3. How does mass help his family?
(a) They all participate in the mass together.
(b) They all go out to eat afterwards and have a good time.
(c) They go to mass together, even as they are growing more distant.
(d) They pray for family closeness.
4. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
(a) It changes how people look at the world.
(b) It provides better job options.
(c) It gives people a voice.
(d) It is a waste of time.
5. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Rodriguez's family practice?
2. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
3. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
4. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
5. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)