|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he needs to work harder.
(b) They think he works too hard.
(c) They are proud of his efforts.
(d) They think he is the teacher's pet.
2. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
(a) He needs to talk more when he is at home.
(b) He needs to be more responsible.
(c) He needs to work at hard labor.
(d) He is more like a woman because he talks a lot and has soft hands.
3. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(a) In the classroom.
(b) In private, with family or close friends.
(d) In public.
4. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He misses the ritual.
(b) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(c) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(d) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
5. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
(a) Intimate words should not be spoken in public.
(b) Words take their meaning from the relationship between the speakers.
(c) It is easier to be intimate in Spanish than in English.
(d) Some words are more intimate than others.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
2. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
3. What is Rodriguez told when he asks questions about the church?
4. According to Rodriguez's family, how are men supposed to be?
5. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)