|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does religion do for his parents?
(a) It helps them not worry about the future.
(b) It encourages them to think about the meaning of their lives.
(c) It gives them strength to get through the day.
(d) It helps them stay connected to the community.
2. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
(b) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
(c) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
(d) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
3. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
(a) Yes, because he only studies religious material.
(b) Yes, because his education is scheduled around religious services.
(c) Yes, because he spends his whole day praying and does not study.
(d) No, because his education is not a religious education.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
(a) He wants to know more about it.
(b) He does not think about it too much.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He is embarrassed by it.
5. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he works too hard.
(b) They think he needs to work harder.
(c) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(d) They are proud of his efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
2. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
3. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
5. What religion does Rodriguez's family practice?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)