|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good student but a troubled son.
(b) A good son but a troubled student.
(c) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(d) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
2. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
(a) He longs for his own past.
(b) He does not like his family very much.
(c) He still does not like reading very much.
(d) He will have to leave school soon.
3. What religion does Rodriguez's family practice?
4. Is Rodriguez's education affected by his religion? If so, how?
(a) No, because his education is not a religious education.
(b) Yes, because he spends his whole day praying and does not study.
(c) Yes, because he only studies religious material.
(d) Yes, because his education is scheduled around religious services.
5. Does Rodriguez think his religious education had the effect it was supposed to?
(a) Yes, because he gets a good education.
(b) No, because he eventually stops practicing the religion.
(c) Yes, because it kept him involved with the religion.
(d) No, because the schools were supposed to give him a broader view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
2. How does the family's use of the word "gringo" change as the children learn more English?
3. What does religion do for his parents?
4. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)