|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He had good teachers.
(b) He worked very hard.
(c) He was just very lucky.
(d) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
(a) Frustrated, because he does not learn it very well.
(b) Guilty, because he feels like he has damaged his family's close relationship.
(c) Proud, because it is a hard language to learn.
(d) Bored, because he does not really want to learn it.
3. According to Rodriguez's family, how are men supposed to be?
(a) Ruggedly handsome, strong in character, and responsible.
(b) Intelligent, kind, and good at providing for a family.
(c) Gentle, polite, and soft-spoken.
(d) Tough, aggressive, and bossy.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
(a) It changed his life.
(b) It helped him become successful.
(c) It isolated him.
(d) It kept him closer to his parents.
5. What did Rodriguez learn about other religions beside his own?
(a) There are lots of good religions in the world.
(b) Everybody needs to choose their own religion.
(c) Other religions are similar to his own religion.
(d) They are "wrong" and his religion is "right."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
2. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
3. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
4. How does the scholarship boy use education?
5. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)