|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
(a) How much easier it is to say things in English than in Spanish.
(b) Words he understands now that he did not understand before.
(c) How much English helps him do better in school.
(d) Sounds and tones he previously ignored.
2. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
(a) He longs for his own past.
(b) He still does not like reading very much.
(c) He does not like his family very much.
(d) He will have to leave school soon.
3. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(b) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) In public.
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(b) He stops going to mass at all.
(c) He goes to mass every day.
(d) He starts praying more regularly.
5. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) His parents stop talking to him.
(b) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
(c) It causes a separation between them.
(d) His parents brag about him all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
2. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
3. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
4. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
5. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)