|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
2. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
(b) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
(c) He says college is a waste of time.
(d) He throws away Richard's diploma.
3. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She does not care if he does well in school.
(b) She tries to help him with his homework.
(c) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
(d) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
4. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
(a) Richard should speak only Spanish.
(b) Richard should learn to speak only in English to be more successful.
(c) Richard needs to remember his Spanish, even if that hurts his education.
(d) Spanish and English are equally good languages.
5. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A telephone.
(b) A house.
(c) A new car.
(d) A television.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Complexion, Chapter 2, what does Rodriguez do to try to change his skin color?
2. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
4. What does Rodriguez think skin color says about financial status?
5. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)