|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
(a) He tells them to be quiet and let him do the talking.
(b) He corrects their grammar.
(c) He gets angry at them for speaking Spanish.
(d) He teaches them how to speak English.
2. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He envies their close bond.
(b) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(c) He wishes he could be their friend.
(d) He is scared because they look tough.
3. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
(a) That he would take a hard labor job.
(b) That people would discriminate against him.
(c) That he would get involved with a gang.
(d) That he would have a harder time in school.
4. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) No, because they do not talk to him.
(b) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(c) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
(d) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
5. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To talk about his bad behavior.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(d) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
2. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
3. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
4. Who teaches Rodriguez that stereotypes are not accurate?
5. What does Rodriguez learn about complexion from his family?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)