|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
(a) A poor Mexican man who works in the sun.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A sick child.
(d) A wealthy boy who does not work.
2. In Complexion, Chapter 2, what does Rodriguez do to try to change his skin color?
(a) Take medication.
(b) Bleach his skin.
(c) Shave his arms.
(d) Scrub the color off.
3. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
(a) A pretty girl laughs at him.
(b) A group of boys makes fun of him.
(c) His mother tells him to cover up.
(d) He realizes everyone else in the pool is light-skinned.
4. According to Rodriguez's family, how are men supposed to be?
(a) Tough, aggressive, and bossy.
(b) Intelligent, kind, and good at providing for a family.
(c) Gentle, polite, and soft-spoken.
(d) Ruggedly handsome, strong in character, and responsible.
5. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
(b) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
(c) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
(d) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
2. What does Rodriguez say about bilingual education and the language of "separateness"?
3. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
4. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
5. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)