|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
(a) His dark skin used to be unpopular, but now is popular.
(b) His dark skin used to be popular, but now is unpopular.
(c) Nobody pays any attention to complexion any more.
(d) People used to ignore his complexion, but now they make a big deal about it.
2. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
(a) He thinks it makes students work harder.
(b) He thinks it would have helped him a lot.
(c) He disagrees with it.
(d) He thinks it is too hard on the teacher.
3. According to Rodriguez, what is wrong with speaking a private language in public?
(a) It prevents people from learning the public language.
(b) It will eventually stop being a private language.
(c) It is embarrassing.
(d) Most people will not understand what is being said.
4. What changes Rodriguez's ideas about his complexion?
(a) He works construction and gets comfortable about revealing his skin.
(b) He talks about it with other minority students.
(c) He talks about it with one of his professors.
(d) He writes a news story about the "Black is Beautiful" movement.
5. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
(a) He thinks they are boring.
(b) He is excited to learn to read.
(c) He is afraid of them.
(d) He is not really interested in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
2. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
3. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
4. How does Rodriguez's sister feel about her children's complexions?
5. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)