|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Weak and quiet.
(b) Awkward and confusing.
(c) Loud and confident.
(d) Flat and boring.
2. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(b) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(c) Practicing English with his family.
(d) Studying with a classmate.
3. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
(a) Rodriguez is frustrated because he thinks those families are making it harder for their children to learn English.
(b) Rodriguez is pleased to know that Spanish is still being spoken in people's homes.
(c) Rodriguez is sad because it reminds him of the closeness his family lost.
(d) Rodriguez is embarrassed because he thinks everyone should speak English.
4. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The children start disobeying their parents.
(b) The family grows closer together.
(c) The family loses some of its closeness.
(d) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
5. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
(b) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
(c) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
(d) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
2. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
3. Does Rodriguez think his religious education had the effect it was supposed to?
4. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)