|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
(a) Reading every book he could find.
(b) Remembering what his life was like before he was educated.
(c) Working very hard.
(d) Kissing up to the teacher.
2. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
(a) That he would get involved with a gang.
(b) That he would have a harder time in school.
(c) That people would discriminate against him.
(d) That he would take a hard labor job.
3. How does Rodriguez's sister feel about her children's complexions?
(a) She wants them to take care of their skin so they are more attractive.
(b) She is relieved when they are light-skinned.
(c) She is disappointed that they do not look more like her.
(d) She is relieved when they are dark-skinned.
4. What does Rodriguez think skin color says about financial status?
(a) Dark-skinned people are rich.
(b) Light-skinned people are poor.
(c) Light-skinned people need to work less and get outside more.
(d) Dark-skinned people are poor.
5. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To meet his parents.
(b) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
(c) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(d) To talk about his bad behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
2. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
4. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
5. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)