|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) He does not speak English at all.
(b) His English is very limited.
(c) He speaks English pretty well.
(d) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
2. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The priest.
3. What does his mother think about his reading?
(a) She hopes that he can teach her to read better.
(b) She does not understand it.
(c) She is proud of him for reading so much.
(d) She wishes he would read less and go play sports.
4. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
(a) It is the first gift his family gets from a priest.
(b) It symbolizes the intersection of church, school, and home.
(c) It symbolizes everything his family believes about God.
(d) It frightens Richard and gives him nightmares.
5. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez start school?
2. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
3. How does Rodriguez think the church treats his parents?
4. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
5. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)