|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
(a) It changes how people look at the world.
(b) It gives people a voice.
(c) It is a waste of time.
(d) It provides better job options.
2. According to Rodriguez, what is wrong with speaking a private language in public?
(a) It is embarrassing.
(b) It prevents people from learning the public language.
(c) Most people will not understand what is being said.
(d) It will eventually stop being a private language.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Politicians and lawmakers.
(d) The children he teaches.
4. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good son but a troubled student.
(b) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(c) A good student but a troubled son.
(d) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
5. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
(a) His parents will never be proud of his accomplishments.
(b) He is using it to hide from his life.
(c) He is afraid of failing in school.
(d) He is the most educated person in his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
2. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
3. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
4. What does Rodriguez think skin color says about financial status?
5. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)