|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(b) A good son but a troubled student.
(c) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
(d) A good student but a troubled son.
2. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
(a) They pronounce it differently than his Spanish-speaking family.
(b) They mispronounce it.
(c) They say it as if they are impressed to know him.
(d) They say his name just like everyone else's name.
3. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It becomes more formal and structured.
(b) It becomes less formal.
(c) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(d) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
4. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(b) They think he works too hard.
(c) They are proud of his efforts.
(d) They think he needs to work harder.
5. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
2. When Rodriguez hears about religious practices that are different from his own, what does he think of them?
3. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
4. Because of his skin color, what did Rodriguez's parents worry about?
5. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)