|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) His parents stop talking to him.
(b) His parents brag about him all the time.
(c) It causes a separation between them.
(d) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
2. What is Rodriguez aware of when he visits his rich friends?
(a) There are dark-skinned servants, but he is a friend, not a servant.
(b) His friends talk about skin color differently than his family does.
(c) His friends are fascinated by his skin color.
(d) His friends treat him differently because of his skin color.
3. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
(b) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
(c) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
(d) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
4. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
5. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
(a) His friends are all non-religious.
(b) His friends all practice different religions.
(c) His friends want him to go to mass with them every day.
(d) His friends are all non-Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
2. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
3. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
4. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
5. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)