|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
(a) At church, because he believes God loves him in spite of his dark skin.
(b) With his friends, because they understand him.
(c) At school, because they value his intelligence, not his complexion.
(d) At home, because they love him no matter what he does.
2. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Do not read it at all.
(b) Read it every day.
(c) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(d) Read it at mass on Sunday.
3. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
(a) He loves it and wants to read all the books he can find.
(b) He thinks reading is hard, but books are interesting.
(c) He feels that reading is important, and his parents should read more.
(d) He thinks it is boring.
4. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The family loses some of its closeness.
(b) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(c) The children start disobeying their parents.
(d) The family grows closer together.
5. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he works too hard.
(b) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(c) They are proud of his efforts.
(d) They think he needs to work harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what new hobby does Rodriguez take up?
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
3. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
4. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
5. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)