|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
(a) When they tell him not to ask questions about religion.
(b) When he is in college.
(c) When he starts to read more books.
(d) After he graduates from school.
2. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(b) No, because they do not talk to him.
(c) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(d) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
3. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(b) In public.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) In private, with family or close friends.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(b) It becomes more formal and structured.
(c) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
(d) It becomes less formal.
5. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
(a) Its theme.
(b) Its characters.
(c) Its vocabulary and use of language.
(d) Its plot or storyline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
2. As an adult, what do people think his complexion says about him?
3. When Rodriguez hears about religious practices that are different from his own, what does he think of them?
4. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
5. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)