|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
(a) It would take him more than three months to learn how to do it successfully.
(b) Real work is much easier than academic work.
(c) He does not like real work.
(d) He likes real work better than academic work.
2. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
(a) It is easier to be intimate in Spanish than in English.
(b) Intimate words should not be spoken in public.
(c) Some words are more intimate than others.
(d) Words take their meaning from the relationship between the speakers.
3. How does Rodriguez get involved in his church?
(a) He studies to become a priest.
(b) He reads the Bible aloud in church.
(c) He goes to mass every week.
(d) He becomes an altar boy.
4. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
(a) He teaches them how to speak English.
(b) He tells them to be quiet and let him do the talking.
(c) He corrects their grammar.
(d) He gets angry at them for speaking Spanish.
5. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
(a) He is afraid of failing in school.
(b) His parents will never be proud of his accomplishments.
(c) He is the most educated person in his family.
(d) He is using it to hide from his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
2. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
3. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
4. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
5. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)