|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(b) He starts praying more regularly.
(c) He stops going to mass at all.
(d) He goes to mass every day.
2. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(a) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
(d) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
3. How does Rodriguez get involved in his church?
(a) He goes to mass every week.
(b) He becomes an altar boy.
(c) He reads the Bible aloud in church.
(d) He studies to become a priest.
4. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She helps her children learn more English.
(b) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
(c) She complains about using English.
(d) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
5. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(b) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(c) He misses the ritual.
(d) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
2. How does Rodriguez think the church treats his parents?
3. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
5. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)