|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They are too simple.
(b) They are deep and profound.
(c) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(d) They are based on good Church teachings.
2. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(b) The priest.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) St. Peter.
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(b) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(c) He would get better grades.
(d) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
4. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
(a) Did you benefit from affirmative action?
(b) Can I have your autograph?
(c) Are your brothers and sisters as smart as you are?
(d) How did you manage your success?
5. What does Rodriguez think skin color says about financial status?
(a) Dark-skinned people are poor.
(b) Light-skinned people need to work less and get outside more.
(c) Dark-skinned people are rich.
(d) Light-skinned people are poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
2. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
3. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
4. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
5. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)