|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They are proud of his efforts.
(b) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(c) They think he works too hard.
(d) They think he needs to work harder.
2. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
(b) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
(c) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
(d) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
3. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
(a) Did you benefit from affirmative action?
(b) Are your brothers and sisters as smart as you are?
(c) How did you manage your success?
(d) Can I have your autograph?
4. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
(a) Richard needs to remember his Spanish, even if that hurts his education.
(b) Spanish and English are equally good languages.
(c) Richard should speak only Spanish.
(d) Richard should learn to speak only in English to be more successful.
5. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
(a) It is all right if both families approve of it.
(b) It is difficult to make it work.
(c) It is a good idea.
(d) It is a sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
2. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
3. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
4. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)