|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
(a) If they will understand the knowledge he gains.
(b) If they think he is trying hard enough in class.
(c) If they can help him with his homework.
(d) If they think he should be studying a different subject.
2. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
(a) The version that talks about sin and the version that talks about love.
(b) The Mexican version and the English-speaking version.
(c) The old-fashioned version and the modern version.
(d) The gentle, happy version and the intense, frightening version.
3. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
(a) Yes, because they could not talk to the doctor if they were sick.
(b) Yes, he thinks they got cheated out of money because of it.
(c) No, because they always stayed in places where the other people spoke Spanish, too.
(d) No, he says they did all right in spite of the language problems.
4. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(b) Read it every day.
(c) Read it at mass on Sunday.
(d) Do not read it at all.
5. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
(a) He is afraid of failing in school.
(b) He is using it to hide from his life.
(c) He is the most educated person in his family.
(d) His parents will never be proud of his accomplishments.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, how does Rodriguez describe his relationship with his parents?
2. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
3. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
5. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)