|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(b) They think he needs to work harder.
(c) They think he works too hard.
(d) They are proud of his efforts.
2. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
(a) Spanish at home, English in public.
(b) English everywhere.
(c) English at home, Spanish in public.
(d) Spanish everywhere.
3. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(b) Studying with a classmate.
(c) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(d) Practicing English with his family.
4. What does his mother think about his reading?
(a) She does not understand it.
(b) She is proud of him for reading so much.
(c) She hopes that he can teach her to read better.
(d) She wishes he would read less and go play sports.
5. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
2. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
3. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
4. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
5. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)