|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To change himself.
(b) To get a good job.
(c) To make money.
(d) To make friends.
2. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
(a) When he starts to read more books.
(b) When they tell him not to ask questions about religion.
(c) After he graduates from school.
(d) When he is in college.
4. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
(a) Better grades.
(b) A place in public society.
(c) A chance to go to college.
(d) More friends.
5. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He says college is a waste of time.
(b) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
(c) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
(d) He throws away Richard's diploma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
2. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
3. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
4. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
5. What does Rodriguez realize about language and intimacy?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)