|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The family grows closer together.
(b) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(c) The family loses some of its closeness.
(d) The children start disobeying their parents.
2. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(a) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
(b) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
3. How does Rodriguez describe himself as a child?
(a) Socially disadvantaged.
(b) A wild troublemaker.
(c) Spoiled and bratty.
(d) Comfortable with English- and Spanish-speaking people.
4. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
(a) He will have to leave school soon.
(b) He does not like his family very much.
(c) He longs for his own past.
(d) He still does not like reading very much.
5. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
(a) He thinks it is a waste of time.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He is eager to learn to speak English.
(d) He is proud that he learns to speak English well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
2. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
3. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
4. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
5. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)