|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
(a) Richard needs to remember his Spanish, even if that hurts his education.
(b) Richard should learn to speak only in English to be more successful.
(c) Richard should speak only Spanish.
(d) Spanish and English are equally good languages.
2. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(b) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(c) He would get better grades.
(d) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
3. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A telephone.
(b) A new car.
(c) A house.
(d) A television.
4. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(b) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
(c) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(d) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
5. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(a) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In public.
(d) In the classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his education?
2. Does Rodriguez think his religious education had the effect it was supposed to?
3. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
4. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
5. How does the scholarship boy use education?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)