|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
(a) It is difficult to make it work.
(b) It is a sin.
(c) It is all right if both families approve of it.
(d) It is a good idea.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
(b) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
(c) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
(d) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
3. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They start talking again.
(b) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(c) They have even less to say to each other.
(d) They argue a lot.
4. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Studying with a classmate.
(b) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(c) Practicing English with his family.
(d) Learning English from listening to the radio.
5. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, how does Rodriguez describe his relationship with his parents?
(a) They are "warm but uncomfortable."
(b) They are "culturally separated."
(c) They are "strangers and relatives."
(d) They are "the old way and the new way."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
2. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
3. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
4. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
5. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)