|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(b) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(c) No, because they do not talk to him.
(d) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
2. What did Rodriguez learn about other religions beside his own?
(a) Everybody needs to choose their own religion.
(b) Other religions are similar to his own religion.
(c) There are lots of good religions in the world.
(d) They are "wrong" and his religion is "right."
3. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
(a) He can have them with his family in spite of the language barrier.
(b) He will never be able to have them with his family because of the language barrier.
(c) Intimate conversations are hard to have in the "public" language.
(d) He can no longer have an intimate conversation in Spanish.
4. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
(b) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(c) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(d) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In public.
(d) In the classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
2. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
3. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
4. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
5. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)