|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
2. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
(b) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(c) They told him he would have fun.
(d) No, they never talked about it.
3. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
(a) Are your brothers and sisters as smart as you are?
(b) How did you manage your success?
(c) Can I have your autograph?
(d) Did you benefit from affirmative action?
4. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(b) In a book about literacy.
(c) In a book about psychology.
(d) In a magazine article about literacy.
5. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(b) No, because they do not talk to him.
(c) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(d) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe himself as a child?
2. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
3. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
4. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
5. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)