|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
(b) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(c) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(d) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
(a) He is embarrassed by it.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He does not think about it too much.
(d) He wants to know more about it.
3. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he works too hard.
(b) They think he needs to work harder.
(c) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(d) They are proud of his efforts.
4. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
(b) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(c) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
(d) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
5. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) His English is very limited.
(b) He speaks English pretty well.
(c) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
(d) He does not speak English at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
2. What does Rodriguez realize about language and intimacy?
3. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
4. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
5. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)