|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To make money.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To change himself.
(d) To get a good job.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
(a) He wants to know more about it.
(b) He does not think about it too much.
(c) He is embarrassed by it.
(d) He is proud of it.
3. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They are proud of his efforts.
(b) They think he needs to work harder.
(c) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(d) They think he works too hard.
4. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
(a) It is all right if both families approve of it.
(b) It is a sin.
(c) It is a good idea.
(d) It is difficult to make it work.
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
(a) A middle-class American.
(b) A famous author.
(c) A Latino activist.
(d) An education expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
2. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
3. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
4. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
5. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)