|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) He teases him, but is still proud of him.
(b) He does not care if Richard does well in school.
(c) He throws away Richard's diploma.
(d) He says college is a waste of time.
2. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
(a) Their mother talks to them a lot, but their father never speaks to them.
(b) They talk less because it is hard for the parents to understand their children when they speak English.
(c) They enjoy speaking Spanish together more.
(d) Their mother and father speak to them, but they no longer talk to their grandmother.
3. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) It causes a separation between them.
(b) His parents brag about him all the time.
(c) His parents stop talking to him.
(d) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(b) He was just very lucky.
(c) He had good teachers.
(d) He worked very hard.
5. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) The priest.
(b) St. Peter.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
2. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
3. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
4. How does the family's use of the word "gringo" change as the children learn more English?
5. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)