|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
(a) He is the most educated person in his family.
(b) His parents will never be proud of his accomplishments.
(c) He is using it to hide from his life.
(d) He is afraid of failing in school.
2. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
(a) Some words are more intimate than others.
(b) It is easier to be intimate in Spanish than in English.
(c) Intimate words should not be spoken in public.
(d) Words take their meaning from the relationship between the speakers.
3. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Studying with a classmate.
(b) Practicing English with his family.
(c) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(d) Getting extra help from the teacher.
4. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The family grows closer together.
(b) The children start disobeying their parents.
(c) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(d) The family loses some of its closeness.
5. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She does not care if he does well in school.
(b) She tries to help him with his homework.
(c) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(d) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
2. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
3. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
4. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
5. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)