|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe himself as a child?
(a) Comfortable with English- and Spanish-speaking people.
(b) Spoiled and bratty.
(c) Socially disadvantaged.
(d) A wild troublemaker.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
(b) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
(c) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
(d) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
3. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) The priest.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) St. Peter.
4. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
(a) When he starts to read more books.
(b) When they tell him not to ask questions about religion.
(c) After he graduates from school.
(d) When he is in college.
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(b) In a book about psychology.
(c) In a book about literacy.
(d) In a magazine article about literacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
2. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
3. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
4. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
5. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)