|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Practicing English with his family.
(b) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(c) Studying with a classmate.
(d) Getting extra help from the teacher.
2. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
(a) Intimate conversations are hard to have in the "public" language.
(b) He can no longer have an intimate conversation in Spanish.
(c) He will never be able to have them with his family because of the language barrier.
(d) He can have them with his family in spite of the language barrier.
3. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
(a) He bases his ideas on what his teacher tells him.
(b) He bases his ideas on what he learns in class.
(c) He learns about other's ideas and opinions, but does not have his own ideas.
(d) He bases his ideas on what his classmates tell him.
4. What does Rodriguez realize about language and intimacy?
(a) That Spanish is always a more intimate language that English.
(b) That he can express himself better in English than in Spanish.
(c) That intimacy is about the relationship between the people, not about what language they speak.
(d) That language is how a person maintains their intimacy with other people.
5. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
(a) With his girlfriend.
(b) With his parents.
(c) In his own apartment.
(d) With his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
2. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
3. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
4. How does the scholarship boy use education?
5. How does Rodriguez's grandmother affect his ideas on language?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)