|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
(a) He bases his ideas on what he learns in class.
(b) He bases his ideas on what his classmates tell him.
(c) He learns about other's ideas and opinions, but does not have his own ideas.
(d) He bases his ideas on what his teacher tells him.
2. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
3. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, how does Rodriguez describe his relationship with his parents?
(a) They are "warm but uncomfortable."
(b) They are "strangers and relatives."
(c) They are "the old way and the new way."
(d) They are "culturally separated."
4. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
(a) When they tell him not to ask questions about religion.
(b) When he is in college.
(c) After he graduates from school.
(d) When he starts to read more books.
5. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
(b) She tries to help him with his homework.
(c) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(d) She does not care if he does well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
2. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
3. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
4. How does a newspaper affect Rodriguez's reading habits?
5. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)