|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
(a) It is the first gift his family gets from a priest.
(b) It symbolizes the intersection of church, school, and home.
(c) It symbolizes everything his family believes about God.
(d) It frightens Richard and gives him nightmares.
2. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
(a) Yes, because they could not talk to the doctor if they were sick.
(b) No, because they always stayed in places where the other people spoke Spanish, too.
(c) No, he says they did all right in spite of the language problems.
(d) Yes, he thinks they got cheated out of money because of it.
3. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
4. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
(b) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
(c) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
(d) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
5. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Politicians and lawmakers.
(c) The children he teaches.
(d) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
2. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
3. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
5. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)