|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
(b) He takes classes to learn English.
(c) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(d) He complains about using English.
2. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
(a) To explain how hard school is for children who do not speak English.
(b) To complain about the bad schools he attended.
(c) To study how he became the person he is today.
(d) To encourage other people to get a good education.
3. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
(a) Their mother and father speak to them, but they no longer talk to their grandmother.
(b) They talk less because it is hard for the parents to understand their children when they speak English.
(c) They enjoy speaking Spanish together more.
(d) Their mother talks to them a lot, but their father never speaks to them.
4. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Loud and confident.
(b) Awkward and confusing.
(c) Weak and quiet.
(d) Flat and boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
2. What is Rodriguez told when he asks questions about the church?
3. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
4. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)