|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She helps her children learn more English.
(b) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
(c) She complains about using English.
(d) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
2. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
(a) If they think he should be studying a different subject.
(b) If they will understand the knowledge he gains.
(c) If they think he is trying hard enough in class.
(d) If they can help him with his homework.
3. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Loud and confident.
(b) Weak and quiet.
(c) Flat and boring.
(d) Awkward and confusing.
4. How is the "scholarship boy" described?
(a) A good student but a troubled son.
(b) A good son who wants to please his parents.
(c) A good son but a troubled student.
(d) A good student who is guaranteed to succeed.
5. Where does Rodriguez start school?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Miami, Florida.
(c) In Sacramento, California.
(d) In St. Paul, Minnesota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
2. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
3. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
4. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
5. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)