|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
(a) Yes, because they try to talk to him.
(b) No, because they do not talk to him.
(c) Yes, because they throw him a graduation party.
(d) Yes, because there are intimate gestures even though they do not talk much.
2. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) He does not speak English at all.
(b) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
(c) He speaks English pretty well.
(d) His English is very limited.
3. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) The priest.
4. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
(a) Richard should speak only Spanish.
(b) Richard needs to remember his Spanish, even if that hurts his education.
(c) Spanish and English are equally good languages.
(d) Richard should learn to speak only in English to be more successful.
5. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
(a) Spanish everywhere.
(b) English everywhere.
(c) Spanish at home, English in public.
(d) English at home, Spanish in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
3. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
4. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)