|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
(a) They pronounce it differently than his Spanish-speaking family.
(b) They say it as if they are impressed to know him.
(c) They say his name just like everyone else's name.
(d) They mispronounce it.
2. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(b) In public.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) In private, with family or close friends.
3. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(b) The family loses some of its closeness.
(c) The family grows closer together.
(d) The children start disobeying their parents.
4. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(b) They start talking again.
(c) They argue a lot.
(d) They have even less to say to each other.
5. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
(a) It would make him lazy about learning English.
(b) It would mean he was only in class with other people who spoke Spanish.
(c) It would limit the things he could study in school.
(d) It would make it easier to cheat on tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
2. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
3. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
4. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
5. Where does Rodriguez start school?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)