|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Credo, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
(b) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
(c) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
(d) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
2. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Studying with a classmate.
(b) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(c) Practicing English with his family.
(d) Getting extra help from the teacher.
3. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
(a) Richard should learn to speak only in English to be more successful.
(b) Richard should speak only Spanish.
(c) Spanish and English are equally good languages.
(d) Richard needs to remember his Spanish, even if that hurts his education.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
(b) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
(c) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
(d) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
5. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
(a) Working very hard.
(b) Reading every book he could find.
(c) Remembering what his life was like before he was educated.
(d) Kissing up to the teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
2. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
3. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
5. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)