|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rodriguez moves into college and graduate school, how does his relationship with his parents change?
(a) They start talking again.
(b) They argue a lot.
(c) They ask him a lot more questions about his studies.
(d) They have even less to say to each other.
2. How does Rodriguez's mother react to his educational accomplishments?
(a) She asks questions and is pleased when he wins awards.
(b) She is embarrassed because her smart son does not speak Spanish well.
(c) She does not care if he does well in school.
(d) She tries to help him with his homework.
3. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
(a) He loves it and wants to read all the books he can find.
(b) He feels that reading is important, and his parents should read more.
(c) He thinks it is boring.
(d) He thinks reading is hard, but books are interesting.
4. As Rodriguez moves into graduate school, what does he realize about his education?
(a) His parents will never be proud of his accomplishments.
(b) He is the most educated person in his family.
(c) He is using it to hide from his life.
(d) He is afraid of failing in school.
5. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
2. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
3. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, how does Rodriguez describe his relationship with his parents?
4. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
5. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)