|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) His parents stop talking to him.
(b) It causes a separation between them.
(c) His parents brag about him all the time.
(d) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
2. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They refuse to pay for his education.
(b) They worry about him going so far away.
(c) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
(d) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
3. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To meet his parents.
(b) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
(c) To talk about his bad behavior.
(d) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
4. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
5. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
(a) How much English helps him do better in school.
(b) How much easier it is to say things in English than in Spanish.
(c) Words he understands now that he did not understand before.
(d) Sounds and tones he previously ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
2. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
3. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
4. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
5. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)