|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about psychology.
(b) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(c) In a book about literacy.
(d) In a magazine article about literacy.
2. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
(a) He thinks it would have helped him a lot.
(b) He thinks it is too hard on the teacher.
(c) He disagrees with it.
(d) He thinks it makes students work harder.
3. Where does Rodriguez start school?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Miami, Florida.
(c) In Sacramento, California.
(d) In St. Paul, Minnesota.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Weak and quiet.
(b) Flat and boring.
(c) Awkward and confusing.
(d) Loud and confident.
5. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
(b) She complains about using English.
(c) She helps her children learn more English.
(d) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his education?
3. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
4. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
5. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)