|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
(a) He thinks it is boring.
(b) He loves it and wants to read all the books he can find.
(c) He feels that reading is important, and his parents should read more.
(d) He thinks reading is hard, but books are interesting.
2. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(b) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
(c) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
(d) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
3. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
(a) He wants to know more about it.
(b) He does not think about it too much.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He is embarrassed by it.
4. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(b) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
(c) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about literacy.
(b) In a magazine article about literacy.
(c) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(d) In a book about psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
2. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
3. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
4. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
5. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, how does Rodriguez describe his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)