|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
(a) Because he cannot speak Spanish very well.
(b) Because he reads too many books.
(c) Because they think he is ugly.
(d) Because he is bad at sports.
2. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he needs to work harder.
(b) They are proud of his efforts.
(c) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(d) They think he works too hard.
3. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The children start disobeying their parents.
(b) The family loses some of its closeness.
(c) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(d) The family grows closer together.
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(b) He was just very lucky.
(c) He worked very hard.
(d) He had good teachers.
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a book about psychology.
(b) In a book about literacy.
(c) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(d) In a magazine article about literacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his mother think about his reading?
2. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
3. When he graduates, where does Rodriguez live?
4. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)