|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A new car.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A house.
(d) A television.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
(a) Guilty, because he feels like he has damaged his family's close relationship.
(b) Proud, because it is a hard language to learn.
(c) Bored, because he does not really want to learn it.
(d) Frustrated, because he does not learn it very well.
3. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(b) He had good teachers.
(c) He was just very lucky.
(d) He worked very hard.
4. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Awkward and confusing.
(b) Flat and boring.
(c) Loud and confident.
(d) Weak and quiet.
5. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a magazine article about literacy.
(b) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(c) In a book about literacy.
(d) In a book about psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
2. How does the scholarship boy use education?
3. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
4. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
5. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)