|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
(a) He disagrees with it.
(b) He thinks it is too hard on the teacher.
(c) He thinks it makes students work harder.
(d) He thinks it would have helped him a lot.
2. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, what is Rodriguez afraid to admit?
(a) He will have to leave school soon.
(b) He still does not like reading very much.
(c) He does not like his family very much.
(d) He longs for his own past.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
(b) Rich people.
(c) The children he teaches.
(d) Politicians and lawmakers.
4. How do Rodriguez's parents respond when he wants to go to Stanford?
(a) They brag to everyone about their son, the Stanford student.
(b) They are proud of him, but they worry about how expensive it will be for him to go away to school.
(c) They refuse to pay for his education.
(d) They worry about him going so far away.
5. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
(a) He wants to know more about it.
(b) He does not think about it too much.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He is embarrassed by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
2. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
3. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
4. As he finishes his education, does Rodriguez think his parents still love him? How do you know?
5. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)