|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In the classroom.
(b) In public.
(c) In private, with family or close friends.
2. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
(a) He is excited to learn to read.
(b) He is not really interested in them.
(c) He is afraid of them.
(d) He thinks they are boring.
3. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
(a) No, he says they did all right in spite of the language problems.
(b) Yes, he thinks they got cheated out of money because of it.
(c) Yes, because they could not talk to the doctor if they were sick.
(d) No, because they always stayed in places where the other people spoke Spanish, too.
4. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(a) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In public.
(d) In the classroom.
5. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(b) He is scared because they look tough.
(c) He wishes he could be their friend.
(d) He envies their close bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
2. As Rodriguez reaches the end of his education, what does he have to confront?
3. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
4. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
5. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)