|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(b) They told him he would have fun.
(c) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
(d) No, they never talked about it.
2. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In public.
(b) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In the classroom.
3. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(a) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
(d) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
4. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
(a) A place in public society.
(b) Better grades.
(c) More friends.
(d) A chance to go to college.
5. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He complains about using English.
(b) He takes classes to learn English.
(c) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(d) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
2. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
3. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
4. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
5. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)