|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. Where does Rodriguez find the description of the "scholarship boy"?
(a) In a magazine article about literacy.
(b) In a magazine article about the modern education system.
(c) In a book about psychology.
(d) In a book about literacy.
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(b) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(c) He would get better grades.
(d) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
4. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
(a) He corrects their grammar.
(b) He gets angry at them for speaking Spanish.
(c) He teaches them how to speak English.
(d) He tells them to be quiet and let him do the talking.
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself as a child?
(a) Spoiled and bratty.
(b) Socially disadvantaged.
(c) Comfortable with English- and Spanish-speaking people.
(d) A wild troublemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
2. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
3. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
4. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
5. In The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 4, how does Rodriguez describe his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)