|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
(a) A Latino activist.
(b) An education expert.
(c) A middle-class American.
(d) A famous author.
2. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
(a) Because they think he is ugly.
(b) Because he cannot speak Spanish very well.
(c) Because he is bad at sports.
(d) Because he reads too many books.
3. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He complains about using English.
(b) He takes classes to learn English.
(c) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(d) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(b) He was just very lucky.
(c) He worked very hard.
(d) He had good teachers.
5. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(b) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(c) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(d) He would get better grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
2. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
3. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
4. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
5. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)