|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Loud and confident.
(b) Awkward and confusing.
(c) Flat and boring.
(d) Weak and quiet.
2. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He wishes he could be their friend.
(b) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(c) He envies their close bond.
(d) He is scared because they look tough.
3. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
(a) A famous author.
(b) An education expert.
(c) A middle-class American.
(d) A Latino activist.
4. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) His English is very limited.
(b) He does not speak English at all.
(c) He speaks English pretty well.
(d) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
5. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
2. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
3. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
4. How does Rodriguez's father react to his educational accomplishments?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)