|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
(a) If they think he should be studying a different subject.
(b) If they can help him with his homework.
(c) If they will understand the knowledge he gains.
(d) If they think he is trying hard enough in class.
2. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
(a) How much English helps him do better in school.
(b) Sounds and tones he previously ignored.
(c) Words he understands now that he did not understand before.
(d) How much easier it is to say things in English than in Spanish.
3. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) He speaks English pretty well.
(b) His English is very limited.
(c) He does not speak English at all.
(d) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
4. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
(b) His parents brag about him all the time.
(c) It causes a separation between them.
(d) His parents stop talking to him.
5. How does Rodriguez feel about his education?
(a) He has conflicting feelings.
(b) He is angry that they did not have programs for bilingual children when he went to school.
(c) It was the best thing that ever happened to him.
(d) It was the worst thing that ever happened to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
2. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
3. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
4. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
5. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)