|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez start school?
(a) In Sacramento, California.
(b) In St. Paul, Minnesota.
(c) In New York City.
(d) In Miami, Florida.
2. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
(a) He is proud that he learns to speak English well.
(b) He thinks it is a waste of time.
(c) He is afraid of it.
(d) He is eager to learn to speak English.
3. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
(a) He thinks it is too hard on the teacher.
(b) He thinks it makes students work harder.
(c) He thinks it would have helped him a lot.
(d) He disagrees with it.
4. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(b) Practicing English with his family.
(c) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(d) Studying with a classmate.
5. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
(a) Their mother and father speak to them, but they no longer talk to their grandmother.
(b) They enjoy speaking Spanish together more.
(c) Their mother talks to them a lot, but their father never speaks to them.
(d) They talk less because it is hard for the parents to understand their children when they speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
2. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
4. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
5. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)