|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
(a) More friends.
(b) Better grades.
(c) A place in public society.
(d) A chance to go to college.
2. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
(a) He is eager to learn to speak English.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He thinks it is a waste of time.
(d) He is proud that he learns to speak English well.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
(b) Rich people.
(c) The children he teaches.
(d) Politicians and lawmakers.
4. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) No, they never talked about it.
(b) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(c) They told him he would have fun.
(d) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
5. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(a) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
(b) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
2. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
3. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
4. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
5. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)