|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
2. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(b) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
(c) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
(c) Politicians and lawmakers.
(d) The children he teaches.
4. Where does Rodriguez start school?
(a) In Miami, Florida.
(b) In New York City.
(c) In St. Paul, Minnesota.
(d) In Sacramento, California.
5. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(b) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(c) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(d) He would get better grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
2. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
3. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
4. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
5. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)