|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
2. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
(a) To explain how hard school is for children who do not speak English.
(b) To study how he became the person he is today.
(c) To complain about the bad schools he attended.
(d) To encourage other people to get a good education.
3. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Studying with a classmate.
(b) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(c) Practicing English with his family.
(d) Learning English from listening to the radio.
4. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
(a) A famous author.
(b) A middle-class American.
(c) A Latino activist.
(d) An education expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
2. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
3. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
4. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)