|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) The children he teaches.
(b) Politicians and lawmakers.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
2. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
(a) They enjoy speaking Spanish together more.
(b) Their mother and father speak to them, but they no longer talk to their grandmother.
(c) They talk less because it is hard for the parents to understand their children when they speak English.
(d) Their mother talks to them a lot, but their father never speaks to them.
3. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
(a) Because he is bad at sports.
(b) Because he reads too many books.
(c) Because he cannot speak Spanish very well.
(d) Because they think he is ugly.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
(a) Guilty, because he feels like he has damaged his family's close relationship.
(b) Frustrated, because he does not learn it very well.
(c) Proud, because it is a hard language to learn.
(d) Bored, because he does not really want to learn it.
5. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
(a) To study how he became the person he is today.
(b) To explain how hard school is for children who do not speak English.
(c) To encourage other people to get a good education.
(d) To complain about the bad schools he attended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
2. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
3. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
4. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
5. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)