|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(a) In public.
(b) In the classroom.
(c) In private, with family or close friends.
2. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Loud and confident.
(b) Flat and boring.
(c) Weak and quiet.
(d) Awkward and confusing.
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(b) He would get better grades.
(c) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(d) He could understand the homework assignments better.
4. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) They told him he would have fun.
(b) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(c) No, they never talked about it.
(d) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
5. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
(a) How much English helps him do better in school.
(b) Words he understands now that he did not understand before.
(c) How much easier it is to say things in English than in Spanish.
(d) Sounds and tones he previously ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
2. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
3. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
4. How does the family's use of the word "gringo" change as the children learn more English?
5. How does Rodriguez feel about his family background?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)