|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
(a) It would mean he was only in class with other people who spoke Spanish.
(b) It would make him lazy about learning English.
(c) It would limit the things he could study in school.
(d) It would make it easier to cheat on tests.
2. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Loud and confident.
(b) Awkward and confusing.
(c) Weak and quiet.
(d) Flat and boring.
3. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
(a) They enjoy speaking Spanish together more.
(b) Their mother talks to them a lot, but their father never speaks to them.
(c) They talk less because it is hard for the parents to understand their children when they speak English.
(d) Their mother and father speak to them, but they no longer talk to their grandmother.
4. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) No, they never talked about it.
(b) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(c) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
(d) They told him he would have fun.
5. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
2. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
3. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
4. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
5. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)