|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
(a) He is eager to learn to speak English.
(b) He thinks it is a waste of time.
(c) He is proud that he learns to speak English well.
(d) He is afraid of it.
2. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
(a) They pronounce it differently than his Spanish-speaking family.
(b) They say it as if they are impressed to know him.
(c) They mispronounce it.
(d) They say his name just like everyone else's name.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
(c) The children he teaches.
(d) Politicians and lawmakers.
4. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
5. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To talk about his bad behavior.
(b) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
(c) To meet his parents.
(d) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
2. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
4. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
5. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)