|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
(a) Frustrated, because he does not learn it very well.
(b) Guilty, because he feels like he has damaged his family's close relationship.
(c) Bored, because he does not really want to learn it.
(d) Proud, because it is a hard language to learn.
2. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
(b) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(c) They told him he would have fun.
(d) No, they never talked about it.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Politicians and lawmakers.
(c) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
(d) The children he teaches.
4. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
5. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
(a) He is afraid of it.
(b) He is proud that he learns to speak English well.
(c) He is eager to learn to speak English.
(d) He thinks it is a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
2. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
4. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
5. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)