|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
(a) If they will understand the knowledge he gains.
(b) If they can help him with his homework.
(c) If they think he is trying hard enough in class.
(d) If they think he should be studying a different subject.
2. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
(a) Awkward and confusing.
(b) Weak and quiet.
(c) Loud and confident.
(d) Flat and boring.
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(b) He would get better grades.
(c) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(d) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
4. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
(b) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
(c) She complains about using English.
(d) She helps her children learn more English.
5. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The children start disobeying their parents.
(b) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(c) The family grows closer together.
(d) The family loses some of its closeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
2. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
3. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
4. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)