|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
(b) She complains about using English.
(c) She helps her children learn more English.
(d) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
2. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) The children he teaches.
(b) Politicians and lawmakers.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
3. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
(a) A Latino activist.
(b) An education expert.
(c) A middle-class American.
(d) A famous author.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
(b) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
(c) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
(d) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
5. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
(b) His English is very limited.
(c) He speaks English pretty well.
(d) He does not speak English at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
2. What is Rodriguez's initial response to bilingual education?
3. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
4. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
5. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)