|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
(a) To study how he became the person he is today.
(b) To encourage other people to get a good education.
(c) To complain about the bad schools he attended.
(d) To explain how hard school is for children who do not speak English.
2. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
(b) Yes, but they went to school in Mexico so they do not speak English very well.
(c) No, and they did not want him to go to school so much, either.
3. In Aria, Chapter 3, why does Rodriguez's family tease him?
(a) Because he is bad at sports.
(b) Because he reads too many books.
(c) Because he cannot speak Spanish very well.
(d) Because they think he is ugly.
4. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
(a) A place in public society.
(b) A chance to go to college.
(c) Better grades.
(d) More friends.
5. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) The children he teaches.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Politicians and lawmakers.
(d) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
2. What does Rodriguez realize about language and intimacy?
3. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
4. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)