|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
(a) If they think he is trying hard enough in class.
(b) If they can help him with his homework.
(c) If they think he should be studying a different subject.
(d) If they will understand the knowledge he gains.
3. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
(a) Rich people.
(b) The children he teaches.
(c) Politicians and lawmakers.
(d) Spanish-speaking immigrants.
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
(b) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
(c) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
(d) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
5. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He complains about using English.
(b) He takes classes to learn English.
(c) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(d) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
2. Why does Rodriguez say he is writing this book?
3. What does Rodriguez say about how the people around him now say his name?
4. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
5. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)