|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
(a) He is troubled by their poor English skills.
(b) He is afraid they will get in trouble because they do not speak English properly.
(c) He wishes his mom would do all the talking.
(d) He thinks they do all right speaking a mix of Spanish and English.
2. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) His English is very limited.
(b) He does not speak English at all.
(c) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
(d) He speaks English pretty well.
3. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
(a) His parents stop talking to him.
(b) It makes him feel closer to his parents.
(c) His parents brag about him all the time.
(d) It causes a separation between them.
4. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
(b) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(c) He complains about using English.
(d) He takes classes to learn English.
5. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She helps her children learn more English.
(b) She complains about using English.
(c) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
(d) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about learning English?
2. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
3. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
4. What does Rodriguez wonder about his parents and his education?
5. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)