|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
(a) Yes, because they could not talk to the doctor if they were sick.
(b) No, because they always stayed in places where the other people spoke Spanish, too.
(c) Yes, he thinks they got cheated out of money because of it.
(d) No, he says they did all right in spite of the language problems.
2. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
3. How does Rodriguez feel about his education?
(a) It was the worst thing that ever happened to him.
(b) He has conflicting feelings.
(c) It was the best thing that ever happened to him.
(d) He is angry that they did not have programs for bilingual children when he went to school.
4. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
(b) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(c) To meet his parents.
(d) To talk about his bad behavior.
5. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
(a) More friends.
(b) A place in public society.
(c) A chance to go to college.
(d) Better grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Rodriguez's parents get the same amount of education that he did?
2. What does Rodriguez's family call him?
3. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
4. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
5. How does Rodriguez's education affect his relationship with his parents?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)