|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aria, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez start school?
(a) In St. Paul, Minnesota.
(b) In New York City.
(c) In Sacramento, California.
(d) In Miami, Florida.
2. Rodriguez describes events that happened how many years ago?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. How does Rodriguez describe his life as a child?
4. What does Rodriguez realize about language and intimacy?
(a) That intimacy is about the relationship between the people, not about what language they speak.
(b) That Spanish is always a more intimate language that English.
(c) That he can express himself better in English than in Spanish.
(d) That language is how a person maintains their intimacy with other people.
5. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(a) In public.
(b) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In the classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rodriguez say surrounds him now?
2. What does Rodriguez start to notice about English?
3. What does Rodriguez's family seem to think about Spanish and English?
4. How does Rodriguez describe himself as a child?
5. How does Rodriguez describe himself now?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)